Player Watch 2023 AFL Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Who would you prefer we pick with our first pick?

• Nick Watson

Votes: 147 36.2%
  • Zane Duursma

Votes: 136 33.5%
  • Colby McKercher

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Daniel Curtin

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • Nate Caddy

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Conor O'Sullivan

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Ryley Sanders

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Darcy Wilson

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rule applies to this thread as other years, keep it on topic about the kids.
Don’t get bogged down on what other teams might do or where they will finish.

Trade speculation belongs here.

That's also where you can discuss your mock drafts or pick trades.

Any McCabe, Dear or Maginness talk belongs here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think they are a very very very good chance to go back2Back, only the Shinbeggers can save them.

They are almost no chance. seriously go and have a look at their spine in their best 22 and then tell me that is the 18th best team in the competition.
I have had a look at their spine and I still think they will be neck deep in the Spoon race.

BTW it’s just an opinion.

With the talls, kosi Jeka and Ryan out, Chol McCabe dear in may have influenced the recruiting team team that young talls was less of a priority, but getting match winners such as Watson, Ginnivan was

It didn't and wasnt, the recruiting team tried valiantly to trade our F1 for access to Curtain and then O'Sullivan.

It didn't and wasnt, the recruiting team tried valiantly to trade our F1 for access to Curtain and then O'Sullivan.
Maybe if we had a F3, it could have been easier sell.

PS : I do think we could have negotiated our trades better and got a F3 but mentioning this seems to upset people. We did well with trades overall but this was one of the small slip ups.

Back