WHE Mihocek J Daicos
Elliott McStay Ginnivan

Adams Noble Lipinski Sidebottom

Sub
McCreery

Inj
Kreuger Macrea Howe

Res
Johnson Carmichael Cox Dean McInnes Harrison Ruscoe Richards Draper Bianco Allan Ryan Kelly Begg Murley Wilson

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jeez what a nightmare to pick even throwing a few injuries in

Quaynor Frampton Murphy
Maynard Moore Pendlebury

Cameron Mitchell Crisp
N Daicos De Goey Hill

WHE Mihocek J Daicos
Elliott McStay Ginnivan

Adams Noble Lipinski Sidebottom

Sub
McCreery

Inj
Kreuger Macrea Howe

Res
Johnson Carmichael Cox Dean McInnes Harrison Ruscoe Richards Draper Bianco Allan Ryan Kelly Begg Murley Wilson
Sorry what's this about howe being injured?

From the Herald-Sun:

B Maynard, Murphy, Quaynor
HB Pendlebury, Moore, Nick Daicos
C Sidebottom, De Goey, Josh Daicos
HF McCreery, McStay, Lipinski
F Ginnivan, Mihocek, Elliott
Foll Cameron, Mitchell, Crisp
IC Howe, Adams, Hoskin-Elliott, Noble
Sub Hill

In all seriousness you guys seem to treat the squad as fully interchangeable which is bonkers. I look at positions and make a call.

1) The Lipinski call is based on a belief we only can afford/need 2 of Adams, Mitchell and Lipinski and I take the first two.

2) McCreery is v Hill, and I think Hill has more offensive power than McCreery but acknowledge its a tight call

3) The ruck call is Cox as best ruck with McStay providing a chop out and Krueger across half forward. I have no idea why Allan comes into that conversation at all.

4) Allan given his disposal in mature body I have initially performing the role of N Daicos in 2022 an option coming out of the backline where I think he will prove great drive.

5) Yep, tough call, I think we have gone beyond what Sidey brings in 2023. I think he's cooked and has gone on one year too long.

Happy for anyone to debate my calls, but the comparisons drawn are just weird

Nice try, but it's clear that you have some devious non football related plan for our wonderful Beau. He's going to tear the comp to shreds this year, if he can avoid dungeons.

RobJD

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
From the Herald-Sun:

Sub Hill
Last year the Intercepting Defender trio of Murphy, Howe and Moore was found wanting by those teams with two tall forwards - can't see any reason why that will change this year. I'm hoping that either Dean or Frampton show enough to get a run as a tall defender - to take the place of either Howe or Murphy. Not sure that we'll have WHE, Pendles and Steele all in our best side this year - I'd anticipate one of them will lose some form - I can see Pendles as our 23rd player at times this year - he was instrumental in so many of our close finishes, I can see the 23rd man role suiting his as a way of managing his workload, getting him on the ground in those tight finishes and helping him develop his coaching skills.

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Less than 2 months out from round 1 and it's nice we have a mostly healthy squad and competition for spots in the 2023. Given some of the brilliant training reports (and the limited training I've been able to see in person) and the health/status of players I think our side will look something like;

Def
I Quaynor, B Frampton, J Howe
S Pendlebury, D Moore (C), B Maynard (VC)

Mid
D Cameron, T Mitchell, J De Goey
J Daicos, T Adams (VC), J Crisp

Fwd
B McCreery, B Mihocek, N Daicos
J Elliott, D McStay, J Ginnivan

Int/sub
J Noble, S Sidebottom, A Johnson, P Lipinski/B Hill (one int 4, one sub)

Emg: M Cox, N Murphy, J Carmichael, H Harrison

Some of my quick thoughts/opinions:
Defence: Geelong seems like the exact match up we brought a guy like Frampton in for. Two dominant key forwards (plus a rotation of rucks, Blicavs etc) the extra height and size will be needed. On form I'd probably have Murphy ahead of Frampton, though ideally Murphy should be competing with a Howe type rather than trying to lock down the FB position. The other 5, plus Noble, essentially pick themselves and would need to be pushed out due to form or injury at this stage. Noble's importance is increased imo due to mine (and I'm sure many others) hope of seeing N Daicos moved up the ground.

Midfield: What a line up that is - fully fit and firing this could be as a good a midfield unit as any in the comp. I'm bullish on DC14, a full pre season training as a ruck will help immensely, and I thought some of his performances post BG4's injury were promising. A big year from JDG seems on the cards, continued improvement from J Daicos (the premier wingman of the comp), and a return to best form from Mitchell and Adams makes our midfield a scary proposition. Throw in the likes of Crisp, Pendles, Sidey, N Daicos rotating through and Lipinksi/Hill coming from the bench makes it an exciting line.

Forward: With the Kreuger injury this line feels a bit easier to pick. I've gone McStay and Mihocek as the main talls, with AJ as the third coming of the bench to provide a different dynamic when Mcstay rotates into the ruck/ DC14 rotates forward. McCreery and Ginni are the 2 I expect to take steps to the next level, Beau should be looking for at least 20-25 goals to go with his forward pressure, and a 45+ goal season from Ginni is not unrealistic either. Elliott needs no explanation and I suspect we will see Sidey, Hill, JDG and both Daicos spending time i50 as proven goal scorers. I've named N Daicos on a HFF as I look forward to seeing him being the finishing kick i50 or kicking it himself on a consistent basis, though I suspect the "young master" will feature across all 3 lines.

Some question marks and concerns:
Def: Health and age of players is always a concern, given history to the likes of Moore. Ideally, as much as I love Howe, we should see someone such as Murphy, Ruscoe etc look to take over his position in 2023.

Mid/Ruck: Can a ruck combo of Cameron + McStay hold up? If not, a position has to be "allocated' for Cox, and as much as I love the big fella and what he has achieved, he needs to be in a similar position to Howe and have players go past him. Can JDG finally deliver the season we know he can? Can Titch and Adams return to their best?

Fwds: Will AJ deliver on the talent and promise? Can Ginni back it up after the dramas last year? Is McStay/Kreuger and Hill the missing pieces of the puzzle? If we manage to answer yes to all of these questions our forward line will be one of the most potent in the comp

RobJD

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Less than 2 months out from round 1 and it's nice we have a mostly healthy squad and competition for spots in the 2023. Given some of the brilliant training reports (and the limited training I've been able to see in person) and the health/status of players I think our side will look something like;

Def
I Quaynor, B Frampton, J Howe
S Pendlebury, D Moore (C), B Maynard (VC)

Mid
D Cameron, T Mitchell, J De Goey
J Daicos, T Adams (VC), J Crisp

Fwd
B McCreery, B Mihocek, N Daicos
J Elliott, D McStay, J Ginnivan

Int/sub
J Noble, S Sidebottom, A Johnson, P Lipinski/B Hill (one int 4, one sub)

Emg: M Cox, N Murphy, J Carmichael, H Harrison

Some of my quick thoughts/opinions:
Defence: Geelong seems like the exact match up we brought a guy like Frampton in for. Two dominant key forwards (plus a rotation of rucks, Blicavs etc) the extra height and size will be needed. On form I'd probably have Murphy ahead of Frampton, though ideally Murphy should be competing with a Howe type rather than trying to lock down the FB position. The other 5, plus Noble, essentially pick themselves and would need to be pushed out due to form or injury at this stage. Noble's importance is increased imo due to mine (and I'm sure many others) hope of seeing N Daicos moved up the ground.

Midfield: What a line up that is - fully fit and firing this could be as a good a midfield unit as any in the comp. I'm bullish on DC14, a full pre season training as a ruck will help immensely, and I thought some of his performances post BG4's injury were promising. A big year from JDG seems on the cards, continued improvement from J Daicos (the premier wingman of the comp), and a return to best form from Mitchell and Adams makes our midfield a scary proposition. Throw in the likes of Crisp, Pendles, Sidey, N Daicos rotating through and Lipinksi/Hill coming from the bench makes it an exciting line.

Forward: With the Kreuger injury this line feels a bit easier to pick. I've gone McStay and Mihocek as the main talls, with AJ as the third coming of the bench to provide a different dynamic when Mcstay rotates into the ruck/ DC14 rotates forward. McCreery and Ginni are the 2 I expect to take steps to the next level, Beau should be looking for at least 20-25 goals to go with his forward pressure, and a 45+ goal season from Ginni is not unrealistic either. Elliott needs no explanation and I suspect we will see Sidey, Hill, JDG and both Daicos spending time i50 as proven goal scorers. I've named N Daicos on a HFF as I look forward to seeing him being the finishing kick i50 or kicking it himself on a consistent basis, though I suspect the "young master" will feature across all 3 lines.

Some question marks and concerns:
Def: Health and age of players is always a concern, given history to the likes of Moore. Ideally, as much as I love Howe, we should see someone such as Murphy, Ruscoe etc look to take over his position in 2023.

Mid/Ruck: Can a ruck combo of Cameron + McStay hold up? If not, a position has to be "allocated' for Cox, and as much as I love the big fella and what he has achieved, he needs to be in a similar position to Howe and have players go past him. Can JDG finally deliver the season we know he can? Can Titch and Adams return to their best?

Fwds: Will AJ deliver on the talent and promise? Can Ginni back it up after the dramas last year? Is McStay/Kreuger and Hill the missing pieces of the puzzle? If we manage to answer yes to all of these questions our forward line will be one of the most potent in the comp
Tomahawk is unlikely to be available R1 - if it's Hawkins out - O Henry in, then we may have the dream matchup of Maynard on Henry (well for 15 minutes or so - reckon that's all it will take). If that's the case then we may not need the extra tall in defence and we either go for an additional run and carry player like Carmichael/WHE or include Cox to take advantage of Geelong's understrength rucks (especially without Hawkins doing the F50 ruck work) - My preference is for Titch and Adams to share the inside mid-role, so only one of them on the ball at any one time - I like the thought of: Titch gets the hardball, handballs onto Naics who baulks one tackler, runs through CHF and hits the leading Elliot on the lead - so Naics in the guts for extra run and carry and to deliver into F50. WHE gets a game because - well I don't really know, but if he's fit, he always gets a game (must be something about the value to the side of his two way running).

ramalamabama

Debutant
Dec 23, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
The really interesting question is what do people think will be our best 23 come the end of the season?

V interesting to see who may force their way in...
how-i-met-your-mother-himym.gif

Quaynor Frampton Dean
Maynard Moore N Daicos

Cameron Adams Crisp
Lipinski Mitchell Daicos

De Goey Mihocek Hill
Ginnivan McStay Elliott

Noble Carmichael Pendlebury Sidebottom

Sub
Richards/Harrison

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tomahawk is unlikely to be available R1 - if it's Hawkins out - O Henry in, then we may have the dream matchup of Maynard on Henry (well for 15 minutes or so - reckon that's all it will take). If that's the case then we may not need the extra tall in defence and we either go for an additional run and carry player like Carmichael/WHE or include Cox to take advantage of Geelong's understrength rucks (especially without Hawkins doing the F50 ruck work) - My preference is for Titch and Adams to share the inside mid-role, so only one of them on the ball at any one time - I like the thought of: Titch gets the hardball, handballs onto Naics who baulks one tackler, runs through CHF and hits the leading Elliot on the lead - so Naics in the guts for extra run and carry and to deliver into F50. WHE gets a game because - well I don't really know, but if he's fit, he always gets a game (must be something about the value to the side of his two way running).

Let's be honest, players always seem to come good or be alright when playing Collingwood.

Hawkins likely to play and kick 5.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
From the Herald-Sun:

Sub Hill
This looks about right

Would love to see Dean or Frampton earn a spot down back but need to earn it First.

Mitchell and that guy from Brisbane make us better on paper.

Our depth is much better than last year.

RobJD

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let's be honest, players always seem to come good or be alright when playing Collingwood.

Hawkins likely to play and kick 5.
Geez, if Hawkins to play and kick 5 was a bet I'd take it. In the spirit of full disclosure, quote from the Geelong Addy: "Man-mountain Shannon Neale has firmed as most likely to slot in alongside Jeremy Cameron in Geelong’s forward line to start the season as star veteran Tom Hawkins continues injury rehab.
The Cats face the rare scenario of starting the 2023 campaign without either of Hawkins or the retired Joel Selwood, the great full-forward only just ramping up his fitness after off-season foot surgery

Although if we're talking our R1 side, my guess is that it's unlikely that Moore will play.

pugsville

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2001
leningrad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Last year the Intercepting Defender trio of Murphy, Howe and Moore was found wanting by those teams with two tall forwards - can't see any reason why that will change this year. I'm hoping that either Dean or Frampton show enough to get a run as a tall defender - to take the place of either Howe or Murphy. Not sure that we'll have WHE, Pendles and Steele all in our best side this year - I'd anticipate one of them will lose some form - I can see Pendles as our 23rd player at times this year - he was instrumental in so many of our close finishes, I can see the 23rd man role suiting his as a way of managing his workload, getting him on the ground in those tight finishes and helping him develop his coaching skills.
But while exposed at time provided plenty of rebound and interception. Rebound from the Back 50 was very much what collingwoods game was based on in 2022. It;s offensive v defensive strengths in the back line. Howe is great interceptor and pretty good user. Noble can be exposed defensively as well but his attacking instinct is great. Murphy been played as an undersized tallish stopper. His 2022 form was pretty darn good , if he continues he'll be hard to leave out. He's 3rd tal; material, wiothoutthe rebound game right now. If Murphy develops a more expansive rebound game he;ll ber very hard to get out.

Ut;s a tough back line to crack into. Noble and Murphy have the morelimiatations in their current game that could see a very good candidate displace them, but that player going have to show a lot to get into real contention to do so. Ideally another tall defender, Roughy was ideal, but big nppts to fill. Frampton, Dean will have to work hard to do so.

pugsville

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2001
leningrad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Maynard, Moore, Quaynor
Howe, Murphy, Noble , Pendlebury

Cameron, Mitchell, Adams
Josh Diacos, Nick Daicos, JDG (Lipinski, Crisp)

Mihocek, McStay, McCreery
Ginnivan, Elliot, Sidebotton (WHE)

23rd Johnson

immediate depth - Hill , Frampton, McCrae, Cox, Kreuger, Bianco. Carmichael

HB floater - Pendlebury, Crisp, Nick Daicos as needed HB through midfield.

HF floater - WHE maybe gets the nod as he can play wing or maybe HB as needed and adds pace, but would be the most vulnerable.

Steel as the HF/Mid rotation with Lipinksi, JDG, either Daicos.

Whose coming for whose spot?

WHE - Hill - too much invisibility

Murphy - Frampton - just taller. Desire get anotehr tall defender in could see a defender displaced, Murphy , Noble are the nominations.

Johnson - Kreuger - more consistent contest, better ruck rotation minutes.

Sidebottom?- Reef. if Sidey spends a lot of time forward Reef more versatile. A stretch but if Sidey is playing a forward as can't good good midfield minutes. Reef gets going who would make way. Reef could compete with Johnson as well.

Adams? - McCrae = Adams limited game could see desire for more rounded mid. JDG, Mitchell could first choice coalface inside. If Adams is not that what is he? Carmichael maybe?

Cameron - Cox.

Noble? = possibly vulnerable in back line reshuffle to get Frampton or Dean in. With Murphy playing smaller but hardly like for like. His offensive mindedness instinct should have him covering Murphy for that role.

The Maynard to mid push. Just who comes in to play more defensive mid size? Frampyon com,es in Murphy plays sort Maybard mid sized defender? Ruscoe? Kelly? neither is demanding a spot and need a lot more to be string inclusions. And who gets pushed out? Maybe with WHE playing HB, another mid pushes forward and Maynard gets some decent mid time. But aside from cameos it just seems a weaker combination, more who replaces who down there. If we playing the Quarter back role with a Crisp, Pendlebury Nick Daicos. And a back 7 with noble and Murphy neither a rounded defender (noble an offensive game with defensive weakness, Murphy more a stopper with offensive limitations)

it's hard to get one player to come in and provide the mix of stuff Maynard provides.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems to be three key differences in posters predictions: One or both of Cox/Cameron, the turnover of older players and which of the youth will make the grade.

In terms of the ruck, whilst one true ruck and McStay chopping out is the most common prediction, I have yet to read a detailed analysis of the impact this change will bring besides the argument, more run or flexibility. I am a big believer you are going to get what you have always got, outside of some improvement in youth and some reduction in the capacity of the aged. AFL is full of exceptions to this "rule" but generally these exceptions are hard to predict. In short, I think the rucks last year delivered a product - in terms of ruck work and marking around the ground - that suited our style and will not look the same with a single ruck. I'm not ruling it out but I believe the single ruck will require a stepping up from either Cox or Cameron, it will need some tweaks in game plan - less marks around the ground - and will be a more fragile arrangement. I'd be surpirsed if this is the direction we take from the season start, especially with Kruegar out, but may eventuate depending on the form of either of the two rucks. Horses for courses may also apply.

In terms of turnover, many have WHE out, with quite a few believing Howe and Sidey are cooked. To me there was no indication Sidey was cooked, certainly not the last picked in any game last year. Howe looked fragile in body, didn't take mark of the year and made a couple of really notable mistakes. Still, body right and more tall support in the backline might free him up: he has high footy IQ and uses it. WHE is one of those players that supporters love to blame but runs all day, threatens all day and certainly was not the last picked in 2022. The point for me is all three players were not close to being dropped in 2022 and need to be passed by the youth in 2023, outside of Howe whose body might be the issue.

That said, we have a bunch of older players in the current best 23. We don't want to meander into a mass change in personnel but, same time, we are contenders at this stage so have to play best 23 at all times. It will be really interesting how the McCrae team deal with this. Win big this year covers all sins but realistically this is a long shot. So the McCrae period might be defined how well they redevel0p over the next 2-3 years to have a tilt beyond that.

I have no idea of the youth. Training reports, etc, always sound really exciting. I am a cynic, players that haven't made an impact by their second year rarely become that significant. I'm not convinced we have a heap of budding champions on the list.

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems to be three key differences in posters predictions: One or both of Cox/Cameron, the turnover of older players and which of the youth will make the grade.

In terms of the ruck, whilst one true ruck and McStay chopping out is the most common prediction, I have yet to read a detailed analysis of the impact this change will bring besides the argument, more run or flexibility. I am a big believer you are going to get what you have always got, outside of some improvement in youth and some reduction in the capacity of the aged. AFL is full of exceptions to this "rule" but generally these exceptions are hard to predict. In short, I think the rucks last year delivered a product - in terms of ruck work and marking around the ground - that suited our style and will not look the same with a single ruck. I'm not ruling it out but I believe the single ruck will require a stepping up from either Cox or Cameron, it will need some tweaks in game plan - less marks around the ground - and will be a more fragile arrangement. I'd be surpirsed if this is the direction we take from the season start, especially with Kruegar out, but may eventuate depending on the form of either of the two rucks. Horses for courses may also apply.

In terms of turnover, many have WHE out, with quite a few believing Howe and Sidey are cooked. To me there was no indication Sidey was cooked, certainly not the last picked in any game last year. Howe looked fragile in body, didn't take mark of the year and made a couple of really notable mistakes. Still, body right and more tall support in the backline might free him up: he has high footy IQ and uses it. WHE is one of those players that supporters love to blame but runs all day, threatens all day and certainly was not the last picked in 2022. The point for me is all three players were not close to being dropped in 2022 and need to be passed by the youth in 2023, outside of Howe whose body might be the issue.

That said, we have a bunch of older players in the current best 23. We don't want to meander into a mass change in personnel but, same time, we are contenders at this stage so have to play best 23 at all times. It will be really interesting how the McCrae team deal with this. Win big this year covers all sins but realistically this is a long shot. So the McCrae period might be defined how well they redevel0p over the next 2-3 years to have a tilt beyond that.

I have no idea of the youth. Training reports, etc, always sound really exciting. I am a cynic, players that haven't made an impact by their second year rarely become that significant. I'm not convinced we have a heap of budding champions on the list.
Name one poster that has asserted Sidey is cooked?

Eric Shin

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've tinkered again with what I think is the best 23 might look like going into round 1 if everyone's fit and firing.

For me, it's quite predictable. I think Fly and co aren't going to over complicate things. It's either Frampton or Dean for me at FB.

Unfortunately Murphy is more suited to third tall, and could be a handy strategical sub due to his flexibility. Same goes for WHE.

The midfield mix is more of less the same, plus the inclusion of Titch. Expect Nick to spend more time in there than he did last year. I also see two rucks being used for most of the season, because neither Cameron and Cox are are elite solo rocks. Certainly against teams with A-grade ruckman.

Personally I think the forward mix will also be more or less the same. Only difference is McStay who will take much needed pressure off Checkers. I see more mids and wingers spending lots of time in there either resting or offering a different dimension.

B: Howe | Frampton | Maynard

HB: Quaynor | Moore | Pendlebury

C: J. Daicos | Crisp | Sidebottom

HF: Lipinski | McStay | McCreery

F: Elliot | Mihocek | Ginnivan

Foll: Cameron | De Goey | Mitchell

Int: Cox | Adams | Noble | N. Daicos

Sub: Carmichael

E: Hoskin-Elliot | Murphy | Johnson | Hill

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've tinkered again with what I think is the best 23 might look like going into round 1 if everyone's fit and firing.

For me, it's quite predictable. I think Fly and co aren't going to over complicate things. It's either Frampton or Dean for me at FB.

Unfortunately Murphy is more suited to third tall, and could be a handy strategical sub due to his flexibility. Same goes for WHE.

The midfield mix is more of less the same, plus the inclusion of Titch. Expect Nick to spend more time in there than he did last year. I also see two rucks being used for most of the season, because neither Cameron and Cox are are elite solo rocks. Certainly against teams with A-grade ruckman.

Personally I think the forward mix will also be more or less the same. Only difference is McStay who will take much needed pressure off Checkers. I see more mids and wingers spending lots of time in there either resting or offering a different dimension.

B: Howe | Frampton | Maynard

HB: Quaynor | Moore | Pendlebury

C: J. Daicos | Crisp | Sidebottom

HF: Lipinski | McStay | McCreery

F: Elliot | Mihocek | Ginnivan

Foll: Cameron | De Goey | Mitchell

Int: Cox | Adams | Noble | N. Daicos

Sub: Carmichael

E: Hoskin-Elliot | Murphy | Johnson | Hill

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good side that. I have Dean in front of Frampton , we shall await for what unfolds in the pre-season training and intra club practice matches .

Good side that. I have Dean in front of Frampton , we shall await for what unfolds in the pre-season training and intra club practice matches .

I don’t for a number of reasons.

1. Frampton has height and body strength
2. Dean has barely played much footy since drafted
3. Dean has a broken thumb

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fat Jesus

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Same brother. Dean at fullback and Frampton on a HB flank. Dean is fit now, a fractured thumb is nothing.
Framptons strength is intercepting and he is quick with a decent kick.

Will release Nick to the midfield and Maynard or Crisp.

1 vs 1 isn't Framptons strength.
Dean won the best and fairest when he last played FB.

All remains to be seen as you say.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Same brother. Dean at fullback and Frampton on a HB flank. Dean is fit now, a fractured thumb is nothing.
Framptons strength is intercepting and he is quick with a decent kick.

Will release Nick to the midfield and Maynard or Crisp.

1 vs 1 isn't Framptons strength.
Dean won the best and fairest when he last played FB.

All remains to be seen as you say.
Spot on brother , like Jen and most on here know , yes , Frampton has size and strength , but that counts for little if you don’t body position correctly , like you have stated , he is very average one on one , that is the reason I have Dean ahead of him as a the player who can lock down on the gorilla forwards , such as Hawkins , McKay , Frampton is a peel off defender , will back his judgment and intercept , but as I have stated previously, we already have this in abundance with Moore , Howe. Murphy. It’s the big beast forwards that trouble us .

Hyakutake

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spot on brother , like Jen and most on here know , yes , Frampton has size and strength , but that counts for little if you don’t body position correctly , like you have stated , he is very average one on one , that is the reason I have Dean ahead of him as a the player who can lock down on the gorilla forwards , such as Hawkins , McKay , Frampton is a peel off defender , will back his judgment and intercept , but as I have stated previously, we already have this in abundance with Moore , Howe. Murphy. It’s the big beast forwards that trouble us .
The three bolded worry me a lot from an injury perspective, so I do kind of like having Frampton because I can see two of those four being injured at any time.

Agree we lack a lock for the gorillas and some vague hope of Will Kelly being able to grow into that role is probably what has him on the list this year.

Back