Oppo Camp 2023 Death Ride: Poorta dlelie Footbal Club Power (Est. 1997) - Port out in straight sets, NMFC get pick #14

Where will the 1997 boys finish next year?

• 15th - 18th

Votes: 68 19.9%
  • 9th - 14th

Votes: 158 46.3%
  • 5th - 8th

Votes: 67 19.6%
  • 1st - 4th

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it a win-win trade? Did both teams already win premierships with their trades instrumental in both of the supposed premiership wins?
Because Jon Ralph said so, he’s the Chuck Norris of journalism..

The booing would've died down eventually, I reckon. But the media started this, with Corn the prime provocateur, and Kingy not far behind.

I'll give Ken a pass cos that's how you're supposed to defend your players, but does anyone in the media know how a footy fan's brain works?

This is how you ensure a young bloke is booed for months, and potentially years, to come. Lol

You clearly didn't listen to the interview with Marshall very well.

Enjoy your delusion.
Why on earth would any sane human listen to a Todd Marshall interview?

If I wanted to hear a blonde dweeb talk I’d flick on Home Alone and listen to Macauley Culkin playing Kevin McCallister.

Probably best to post their most recent preliminary final score ? Seems fair.
Since you asked let’s hope Port Adelaide Power don’t sing NEVER TEAR US APART in their next home final.

PORT ADELAIDE 1.1 3.4 5.8 6.9 (45)
WESTERN BULLDOGS 7.2 12.8 14.12 17.14 (116)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since you asked let’s hope Port Adelaide Power don’t sing NEVER TEAR US APART in their next home final.

PORT ADELAIDE 1.1 3.4 5.8 6.9 (45)
WESTERN BULLDOGS 7.2 12.8 14.12 17.14 (116)
Port brought that on themselves by not sacking Daddy Donuts Hinkley, years before. I think they could have won at least the 2020 premiership, had they brought in a premiership winning coach to replace Kenny, but Port exist to miss Grand Finals.

I watched the port v doggies game last night on the TV, and didn’t notice any booing

Same here although probably couldn't hear it over my booing, I was booing so hard I pooped myself a little and then hurled it at tele, that FYI will teach JHFF a valuable lesson.

Jokes on him yet again LOL I say!!

I hope we don't boo him tbh, I'd rather we clapped every time he went near the ball, that would * with his head more.

somebody got the full article? keen to see our comments

These are the direct quotes from the article by North Melbourne officials

"
Bored Nothing GIF
"

All this carry on is laughable. Poor Jase boo hoo. He made his bed and now he can lay in it. Probably with mummy !

The more Kenny says the more booing he is going to cop. Dickhead lol.

somebody got the full article? keen to see our comments

Coach Ken Hinkley slams Jason Horne-Francis criticism as Power, Roos condemn booing of young star​

Both North Melbourne and Port Adelaide have responded to the latest booing incident of young star Jason Horne-Francis, with the Power has doubled down on their strong stance.

Jon Ralph

North Melbourne and Port Adelaide are both adamant the booing of Jason Horne-Francis should stop immediately as the Power said on Sunday the constant attention was “overwhelmingly designed to bring him down”.

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley hit out in a carefully orchestrated plea after the Power’s Adelaide Oval clash against the Western Bulldogs.

Hinkley said he would be “embarrassed by my performance if I was those people” booing Horne-Francis in a game where mostly neutral fans joined on the negative attention from the first bounce.

Horne-Francis has battled with the constant attention that has seen media building him up as a hero one week then tearing him down for poor performances the next.

North Melbourne’s belief is that they have moved on from a trade which saw them secure No.4 selection George Wardlaw and Port Adelaide’s first-round selection this year.

They also retained their earliest selection to secure brilliant teen Harry Sheezel.

The Roos have long moved on and while they cannot control their supporters on social media they are keen for them to accept former No.1 overall pick Horne-Francis has departed and instead support the club’s list.

Port Adelaide football boss Chris Davies told the Herald Sun on Sunday morning all parties had to move on from the events of last year.

“Surely it is time to draw a line in the sand. It is hard to think everyone hasn’t left that situation feeling good about what happened. Everyone got a good outcome out of it,” he said.

“There was booing from the start of the game last night. We would say the scrutiny on whatever Jason does has been overwhelmingly intended to bring him down. And we think it’s unfair.”

He confirmed the constant speculation on Horne-Francis “had some effect” on the 19-year-old, who has moved back to Port Adelaide to be closer to his family.

While the pantomime booing of players after they depart clubs by their former fan base is a part of footy, the Power are determined to call it out to make clear Horne-Francis is being affected.

Asked whether he was referring specifically to the booing that has begun to plague Horne-Francis around the country, Hinkley said it was the overall treatment of the young star by fans and media alike.

“I’m talking about lots of things,” he said.

“I’m talking about people who write stories every week, talk stories every week and I’m talking about the treatment that they give him, at times, tonight.

“Without making a big deal of it, the kid’s trying, he’s giving his best. He’s 19. Stop treating him like he’s 28 and treat the kid with some respect.

“And I tell you what, some people who put pressure on kids in this game need to have a good hard look at themselves.”

Hinkley unloads on booing fans in passionate JHF defence​

— Jason Phelan

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley launched an impassioned defence of star recruit Jason Horne-Francis in the immediate aftermath of the Power’s gutsy Gather Round win over the Western Bulldogs.

Horne-Francis was booed by sections of the Adelaide Oval crowd on Saturday night, and Hinkley was seen sharing an intense exchange and a hug with the 19-year-old on the ground shortly after the final siren.

The 2021 No.1 draft pick, who was also booed by Collingwood fans at the MCG in Round 2, has played all five games in his first season with the Power after his controversial trade from North Melbourne.

“Some parts of this really annoy me about the way people are treating him,” Hinkley said.

“It’s annoying me.

“He’s never going to play four (great) quarters every week, he’s a 19-year-old.

“If you were treating my 19-year-old son the way that some people have treated him … I’d be embarrassed by my performance if I was those people.

“The kid made a courageous decision to come home, let the kid play footy, he’s 19.”

Hinkley was asked if he was referring to booing from opposition fans.

“I’m talking about lots of things,” he fumed.

“I’m talking about people who write stories every week, talk about stories every week, and I’m talking about the treatment that they gave him at times tonight.

“Without making a big deal of it, the kid is trying, he’s giving it his best, he’s 19 … stop treating him like he’s 28 and treat the kid with some respect.

“I tell you what, some people who put pressure on kids in this game need to have a good hard look at themselves.

“Great credit to him, he just wants to play good footy and he’s happy being at home.

“Good on him.”

Horne-Francis was pivotal in the come-from-behind win with 11 possessions and four clearances in the final term.

In a surprisingly tense press conference following a courageous victory, Hinkley bristled when asked what had changed in his players’ approach in the past two weeks after they ‘disappeared’ in the Showdown in Round 3 when Adelaide kicked the last six goals to win by 31 points.

“Disappear? This team doesn’t disappear,” Hinkley replied.

“AFL footy is bloody tough and for people to think that they disappear … I think that’s unfair.

“They try to keep going in every game that they’re in, but I just get really frustrated sometimes when you attack the team.

“No one gets out there to try to disappear, they try to hang in for as long as they can, but sometimes that’s tough in this game.”

The Power has righted the ship after tough losses to Collingwood and the Crows, with wins over Sydney and the Dogs improving the win-loss record to 3-2, compared to last season’s disastrous 0-5 record at the same stage.

“You’ve just got to give yourself a chance and what we’ve done now is give ourselves a chance to stay in the comp for longer than we were last year,” Hinkley said.

“I think that’s significant for us that we’ve got to this stage at 3-2.

“I’m really proud of the team.”

Honestly, Chris Davies comments sound like they're partially aimed at Cornes.

Cornes has pumped him up so far and taken needless digs constantly since JHF went across to Port. The neutrals were always calling him out on it on his twitter posts.

Cornes actions lead to an increased dislike of JHF.

Cornes:
surprised-pikachu.gif

Honestly, could take or leave the booing. But constant "we don't know why it's happening" bs, and constantly posting about it (I think fox are up to 3 articles since last night), just make it worse. Stop banging on about it and things will go back to normal.

Back