Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Saw this in the herald sun and you guys have a Father/son in next year’s draft.

Kynan Brown (Oakleigh Chargers) – A ball-winning midfielder who can also go forward and impact the scoreboard. He is a father-son prospect for Melbourne, as the son of Nathan Brown who played 146 games for the Demons from 1998-2007. Featured in the under-17 Futures game this year.

Saw this in the herald sun and you guys have a Father/son in next year’s draft.

Kynan Brown (Oakleigh Chargers) – A ball-winning midfielder who can also go forward and impact the scoreboard. He is a father-son prospect for Melbourne, as the son of Nathan Brown who played 146 games for the Demons from 1998-2007. Featured in the under-17 Futures game this year.
Cheers. He played a few games this season for oakleigh. Played some good ones to it seems. From what I hear projecting as a 2nd rounder or so. At this stage anyway.

Hopefully you guys get access to him

Riak Andrew
Club: Dandenong Stingrays/Berwick FC/St
Joseph's Regional College
Height: 192em
Weight: 70kg
DOB: 17/02/05 A tall forward or defender, Andrew was showing real potential before suffering a meniscus knee injury which put a line through his entire bottom- age season. Of Sudanese origin, he is the brother of Mac Andrew who was drafted to the Gold Coast
Suns with pick seven in the 2021 national draft. Andrew is a member of Melbourne's Next Generation Academy and looms as a big watch in

Hopefully you guys get access to him

Riak Andrew
Club: Dandenong Stingrays/Berwick FC/St
Joseph's Regional College
Height: 192em
Weight: 70kg
DOB: 17/02/05 A tall forward or defender, Andrew was showing real potential before suffering a meniscus knee injury which put a line through his entire bottom- age season. Of Sudanese origin, he is the brother of Mac Andrew who was drafted to the Gold Coast
Suns with pick seven in the 2021 national draft. Andrew is a member of Melbourne's Next Generation Academy and looms as a big watch in
Hopefully he flies under the radar so we can use a low pick on him.

I was literally thinking well hopefully he does a knee early in the year - and then I realised how ridiculous that is.

The academy system is a load of rubbish.
Yeah it's an absolute rubbish system. AFL are terrible at this stuff. Here, have an academy. But you can't draft them if they are really good. Fn dumb..

Yeah it's an absolute rubbish system. AFL are terrible at this stuff. Here, have an academy. But you can't draft them if they are really good. Fn dumb..
The way they’ve set it up, it’s literally an advantage to have your academy kid perform poorly.

Goes against every intention of having AFL teams put resources into giving these kids a good go.

The way they’ve set it up, it’s literally an advantage to have your academy kid perform poorly.

Goes against every intention of having AFL teams put resources into giving these kids a good go.
The sport deserves better than what the AFL dish up tbh. Scheduling all over the place, unfair draw every year, dodgy academy system, constant rule changes, baffling MRO decisions, list goes on. Pointless being involved to an academy if you can't access the talent..

I couldn’t find a 2023 draft and trading thread. So I will put it here. This was from an oppo talent scout
Kynan Brown - Sounds like he’ll be drafted but more likely late to rookie.
Noah Yze - Apparently great athlete but not looking a guarantee to be drafted next year. I guess there’s still time to develop. But apparently doesn’t have the footy smarts of his dad.
Kalani White - Very promising. Has apparently committed to the Dees despite Gold Coast being very keen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno why you don't have a 2023 draft thread yet, but oh well I'll put it here.

Keep an eye on the younger brother of JVR, Samuel. Just kicked 5.5 in the WAFL Colts against Subi today.

I put up the three R1 picks we had last year as a play for Sheezel. Clearly not worth it now with Freos pick tanking - but probably would have pulled the trigger then too.

I agree with TK about stars winning your flags - and we need one or two more. Hopefully Pickett becomes one - and packaging three picks for Hawthorn or whoever for the next one is really tempting for the other club too.

An A-Grade kid coming into our team will be incredible - for both us and the kid.

Noah Yze - Apparently great athlete but not looking a guarantee to be drafted next year. I guess there’s still time to develop. But apparently doesn’t have the footy smarts of his dad.
From someone close to the family - Noah has set himself for the draft from the start of this year, probably a later start than most but finally set himself on it. The knock on him at this stage from what I've heard is the competitiveness so will be interesting to see if that develops at all during the year with a new focus on footy.

Kynan Brown played in the B Vic Metro team. I think he had the most ranking points in that game.
Seems like a Woey type. Not exactly shining at the top end but will surely get a chance on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back