Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Trades Big Bang Sheldon-studying2.gif
Today, we are privileged to be welcomed into the home of a Skippos trade planning session .....I'm sure you'll agree no-one is more meticulous, and I for one, love his trade rationales

Some of us though are not as scientific ......preferring old & true methods passed down over the years

Toss Rock Paper Scissors.gif

Yeo trade last week was a winner :whitecheck:
Jack Williams not so ....

This week the plan, depending on results, is Atkins to D.Cameron ......note to one self, do not accidentally pick J.Cameron

After Hobbs performance last night he stays, remained in the midfield even after Parish returned and out scores him.

So I’m thinking instead

Redman to Sinc or Dawson
Humphrey to Berg/Mills via DPP/Bruhn

Redman has been incredibly disappointing since I brought him in so time for him to go. Lloyd stays because he’s been capable of those cheapies

Second trade will be a tossup Mills will dive in price again and will be dirt cheap for an M8, Bruhn has finally been given a good role and time on Ground, and Berg hopefully will have his defensive role still

View attachment 1721303
Today, we are privileged to be welcomed into the home of a Skippos trade planning session .....I'm sure you'll agree no-one is more meticulous, and I for one, love his trade rationales

Some of us though are not as scientific ......preferring old & true methods passed down over the years

View attachment 1721306

Yeo trade last week was a winner :whitecheck:
Jack Williams not so ....

This week the plan, depending on results, is Atkins to D.Cameron ......note to one self, do not accidentally pick J.Cameron

And yet, I still manage to pick the wrong option every week!!

Next few trades will focus on midfield repair
D6-Yeo F6-DC so not without issue.

Rd16 Missing Bont, Clarry, Bray. Thinking Clarry.
Rowell out

R17 Trac, Libber, Touk, Titch - maybe Mills
Ashcroft out.

Plan was to upgrade MJ to Mills....well MJ was great and Mills low subbed score means I have to wait a week on this upgrade. MJ another late corkie so see how he pulls up

Might get Sheldrick for like 350k? Before he infuriates me more....and then just look MJ/Sheld as my last rookie at M8

Humphrey to Sheldrick should give me ~200k

Might just double downgrade and get Binns if named. I can't use the 200k very well to make another meaningful upgrade

After Hobbs performance last night he stays, remained in the midfield even after Parish returned and out scores him.

So I’m thinking instead

Redman to Sinc or Dawson
Humphrey to Berg/Mills via DPP/Bruhn

Redman has been incredibly disappointing since I brought him in so time for him to go. Lloyd stays because he’s been capable of those cheapies

Second trade will be a tossup Mills will dive in price again and will be dirt cheap for an M8, Bruhn has finally been given a good role and time on Ground, and Berg hopefully will have his defensive role still
Hobbs was a bit of a pig as junior, comes as no surprise really, maybe a bit earlier than expected - the knock always was and probs still is his disposal, but then Fantasy doesn't give a knob of dog s**t whether he hits a target - just that he tried.

Plan was to upgrade MJ to Mills....well MJ was great and Mills low subbed score means I have to wait a week on this upgrade. MJ another late corkie so see how he pulls up

Might get Sheldrick for like 350k? Before he infuriates me more....and then just look MJ/Sheld as my last rookie at M8

Humphrey to Sheldrick should give me ~200k

Might just double downgrade and get Binns if named. I can't use the 200k very well to make another meaningful upgrade
We all look forward to the associated melts next week;)

Next few trades will focus on midfield repair
D6-Yeo F6-DC so not without issue.

Rd16 Missing Bont, Clarry, Bray. Thinking Clarry.
Rowell out

R17 Trac, Libber, Touk, Titch - maybe Mills
Ashcroft out.
Same, but after Gawn to English

And yet, I still manage to pick the wrong option every week!!
But if you went to other option, it would be the wrong wrong option - guaranteed. Murphy is such a pr1ck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question - rate H.Young, N.Wanganeen-Milera, E.Yeo in terms of draft D4 for rest of year?

Currently have young, thinking of shifting to one of the other two, potentially NVM as slight favourite?

Draft team is
D: Dawson Stewart Duggan Young
M: Merrett J.Kelly Serong Steele Short
R: English
F: Gulden Macrae Cameron Keays
Bench: Gawn, Treloar, Bailey Smith (M/F), Ziebull (F/D), Whitfield (M/D)

Hopefully I can still get him to Sinclair
Sinclair (and Yeo/Impey) is a bit of a 'what if' for me this week but my defense is solid without being spectacular so I prioritised bringing in midfielders instead. Sinclair would have been a better move in hindsight but I don't think I've lost anything substantial by not bringing him in. Will be interesting to see breakevens once lockout lifts as I would expect many premium midfielders to become slightly more enticing while Sinclair is still potentially better value.

2046, 28th to 50th, eh. Not bad considering I didn't trade a single top 6/8 through the byes and my team won't have any rookies on field next week.

Looking at long to Hewett, humper to Yeo/mills.

Or get super risky and go Lloyd to fio (bulk cbas for a few weeks) and humper to mills/Yeo.

Good luck with downgrades next week

View attachment 1722009

Probably going to be the story for the rest of the season, really.

Imagine lateral upgrades might become the play some weeks, switch premiums for 150k to fund the move (ie if Walsh or Steele turns it around and come in at 750k - or a keeper down to Yeo or Keays types this week).

Of those guys, Hewett’s probably the play - seems like they like what he offers and he’ll get a solid run, and probably gets some time around the ball. Fletcher is solid, but TOG a concern jn a strong side. Lohmann probably the casualty for Zorko and Harrison for Ginnivan/McCreery I suspect.

Maric competes well, probably doesn’t score 27 every week provided west coast can become remotely competitive. But Jake Waterman returning might be a threat.

From the bye sides, should have Phoenix Spicer available this week, not that he’s what we want - but he’s better than most of the schmucks above. Ditto David Cuningham and Paul Curtis. Maybe Josh Sinn and Fahey, and tbh think Judson Clarke isn’t the worst last resort.

But probably hoping for someone to come out of nowhere. Banks/Brown from Richmond, Nankervis from Adelaide, Binns from Carlton, Voss from Essendon, Ryan from Collingwood,

Ralphsmith due to sub games may price himself into calculations if he becomes a regular again. Ditto Ginnivan and James Jordon. Bytel and Dempsey pushing hard in the VFL.

If Nick Murray is down with that hammy, Mark Keane a chance but not sure he’ll score well enough to warrant selection. Dev Robertson if he holds is still solid value despite the bad score.

But yeah, all very grim haha. I think we’re collectively hoping for Binns. I’m hoping for a defender of any sort. Tom Brown would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back