Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm way too far down the table so take what I say with a grain of salt but if you're looking at Gulden, you're looking at Mills as well (unless you already have him). Brayshaw has a round 12 bye as well so while he's a good pick, is there a better pick that you will get you further through the byes? Oliver achieves this but there are better value options around. A lot of people have remarked this week about Merrett's upcoming run and Darcy Parish going down for a month means a lot of Essendon players are going to be looking for him. Laird and Josh Kelly are potentially still undervalued as well. Doc appears to be at par value but if he drops another 110 this week he's arguably only going up in price. I have Tom Green and Jordan Dawson so I'm eyeing off Merrett myself.
Thanks, I appreciate your input. I'm playing mainly for league. Ranked around 6000, nothing special. Have Laird & Kelly, plus Green & Dawson also. The round 12 bye isn't an issue, can get another in. Thought about Mills, I'm tempted, but as a forward gave Gulden the nod. Merrett ticks a lit of boxes.

Gulden/Mills this week. Docherty/Merrett next week.

Gulden averaged 90 over the first six weeks, which has been solid for his starting price but not spectacular. I've got him making $75k over the next couple of weeks. If anything turns me off it's his bye. I think there are better options than both Gulden and Oliver.
Agree 👍🏼

By no means I'm saying hes been bad, just that he didnt hit the heights everyone predicted.

Option 1.
LDU and Wilmot OUT, Gawn and Ratkins IN
Rat replacing LDU onfield, Gawn replacing Teakle onfield.
Able to use Ginbey as mid E loophole.

Option 2.
Ginbey and Pedlar OUT, Gawn and Drury IN
Gawn replacing Teakle onfield, Drury to F8
No loophole, so Cincotta and Hollands at M7 and M8.

Option 1 trades out a unique player with ceiling but in poor recent form. Replacement has questionable JS but can score.
Also let's me hold two solid rookies that are approaching their BE.

Option 2 backs in the unique and avoid the potential Ratkins omission, but at the expense of two potential loophole candidates that can run until their respective byes.

New school coach in me likes the first option, as I'm replacing an underperforming unique with a relatively popular mid pricer.

Old school coach Mezz prefers the second option, as it allows me to reduce the number of rooks onfield (Gawn replacing Teakle).

Flipped back and forth between the two all week. Eventually went with option 2, which cost me at around 15 points (Ginbey over Hollands at M7 but LDU outscored Rat), a lot of cash gen and I need to trade LDU anyway.

Really stings after bringing in Steele over Brayshaw for Setters the week before...

Option 1.

Option 2.

Option 1 trades out a unique player with ceiling but in poor recent form. Replacement has questionable JS but can score.

Option 2 backs in the unique and avoid the potential Ratkins omission, but at the expense of two potential loophole candidates that can run until their respective byes.

New school coach in me likes the first option, as I'm replacing an underperforming unique with a relatively popular mid pricer.

Old school coach Mezz prefers the second option, as it allows me to reduce the number of rooks onfield (Gawn replacing Teakle).

Flipped back and forth between the two all week. Eventually went with option 2, which cost me at around 15 points (Ginbey over Hollands at M7 but LDU outscored Rat), a lot of cash gen and I need to trade LDU anyway.

Really stings after bringing in Steele over Brayshaw for Setters the week before...
All these players have already been locked out for R9 unfortunately

Option 1.

Option 2.

These were my R9 trades, WaynesWorld19!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back