Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills with a better bench for byes vs Laird with a worse bench for byes. Can't decide... Is there a risk with Mills playing in Def?
With so many defenders injured - a bit!

Think I'm going

Pedlar -> Atkins
Worpel -> Mills

Proximity to byes sold me on Atkins & against a red dot fix up. If I do it right, there won't really be any 'burning' trades to do that first week anyway, so can fix red dots then and if atkins is stinky, perfect week to burn him.

Atkins set as emergency, so if he serves up a score i'd like to take, it's one of Ashcroft, Chandler, Pickett & Cincotta who leaves the field to take his score. So I might edit the trade to Pickett or Chandler given he'd be in the gun. Pickett's got the bad BE, but more bullish about him. Which might mean Ashcroft goes instead of Worpel as I've got the cash that way.

I guess the better question is: Do we think Gawn comes close to a top 6 forward if he gets DPP?

His CBAs are currently split pretty much dead on 50/50 with Grundy which is worrying for a ceiling but still puts up solid scores despite that

Or is it better to just play the straight bat with English and figure the rest out later
I think Gawn as a FWD ....gives you flexibility ....he'll go close to top 6 fwd ....the flexibility / backup ruck could be critical though

Atkins set as emergency, so if he serves up a score i'd like to take, it's one of Ashcroft, Chandler, Pickett & Cincotta who leaves the field to take his score.

I like the thinking. My only red dot option for Atkins is Chesser though so no deal for me. First world problems I guess

I've traded Setterfield this week (currently) ......do you trade Setterfield or Ashcroft .....if I do Ashcroft, I get stuck with Fergus on my bench

If I trade Setterfield .....Fergus becomes Atkins ....and Wilmot never sees the field of play ....this is good isn't it ?
I don’t think Setterfield is long term play any more, but he’ll be very handy for the next Few weeks. However, cash is king. Need to make the $$$ or you’ll fall behind in the back half of the season

Think I'm going

Pedlar -> Atkins
Worpel -> Mills

Proximity to byes sold me on Atkins & against a red dot fix up. If I do it right, there won't really be any 'burning' trades to do that first week anyway, so can fix red dots then and if atkins is stinky, perfect week to burn him.

Atkins set as emergency, so if he serves up a score i'd like to take, it's one of Ashcroft, Chandler, Pickett & Cincotta who leaves the field to take his score. So I might edit the trade to Pickett or Chandler given he'd be in the gun. Pickett's got the bad BE, but more bullish about him. Which might mean Ashcroft goes instead of Worpel as I've got the cash that way.

I got rid of Pickett to get me to Anderson.
I've given up on him and think Chandler might even outscore him as he comes up the wing a lot more.
Maybe Spargo lets Pickett push into the mids a bit more...

I got rid of Pickett to get me to Anderson.
I've given up on him and think Chandler might even outscore him as he comes up the wing a lot more.
Maybe Spargo lets Pickett push into the mids a bit more...

It's the smart play, failed mid pricer, breakeven above his average, gets you where you need to go.

I've figured keeping both this week means I won't be stung on whichever one turns up. And then both can go next week with Atkins coming on field to cover the second one who goes out.

But I'm with you, Pickett's cooked. I'm just hoping a dysfunctional Hawthorn defence at the G is prime for feasting on, or he gets some midfield time.

Only + with Pickett is Jordon's out for Spargo. It's a mid rotation for a forward rotation. Assuming Petty plays forward again, means they've got quite a few forward rotations with only Viney/Trac/Clarry/Hunter/Langdon as the midfield 5, and then I guess Sparrow as the rotation. But Sparrow won't cover all their rotations. So whether it's Brayshaw or Pickett or Rivers, someone outside the usual mix will play either wing time or CBA time in spurts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the smart play, failed mid pricer, breakeven above his average, gets you where you need to go.

I've figured keeping both this week means I won't be stung on whichever one turns up. And then both can go next week with Atkins coming on field to cover the second one who goes out.

But I'm with you, Pickett's cooked. I'm just hoping a dysfunctional Hawthorn defence at the G is prime for feasting on, or he gets some midfield time.
Yeah I didn't actually have a non playing rook to do any looping for the melbourne game.

So disappointing, thought with the contract year etc. and the 120 and 87 to begin with he'd put in some scores but I think he's averaged about 60.

Yeah I didn't actually have a non playing rook to do any looping for the melbourne game.

So disappointing, thought with the contract year etc. and the 120 and 87 to begin with he'd put in some scores but I think he's averaged about 60.

Just the role. Was playing that High HF/pinch hitting on ball role he had for the first couple of months of 2021 and looked real good in. Then game back from the ban and playing closer to home.

His return from the ban did time up with Spargo going out, so perhaps there was an element of covering him though. It's why I'm inclined to go one more week with Spargo in (and for Jordon)

So given I now don't need to trade in a C score.. consensus on:

Setters>Dawson
Or back Setters in and
Callahan>whit/young/Houston type

So given I now don't need to trade in a C score.. consensus on:

Setters>Dawson
Or back Setters in and
Callahan>whit/young/Houston type

I'd bring in Dawson myself. Top end premium. The others will all burn you at some stage. Understand the price difference though, so saving may get your team completed quicker, but I like the big guns.

done some thinking and gonna trade setters - not worth the potential bleeding and will just bank the odd $50k I made with him. now gotta decide who to trade out of rachele/greene/chandler.

done some thinking and gonna trade setters - not worth the potential bleeding and will just bank the odd $50k I made with him. now gotta decide who to trade out of rachele/greene/chandler.
Greene could just go the the pine coz he's not going to lose you $ this week. If $ loss is what youre worried about, Rachelle is most at risk.

I can either go:

1. Ashcroft to Oliver
or
2. Pedlar to Gulden

Thinking option 2 at this stage. But Oliver mighty tempting.
Gulden has been on the nose for alot of coaches this year. That monster score has inflated his avg.

Out of those 2 options, id get clarry

Gulden has been on the nose for alot of coaches this year. That monster score has inflated his avg.

Out of those 2 options, id get clarry
Gulden averaged 90 over the first six weeks, which has been solid for his starting price but not spectacular. I've got him making $75k over the next couple of weeks. If anything turns me off it's his bye. I think there are better options than both Gulden and Oliver.

Thinking of going

Ashcroft -> Walsh
Pedlar -> dylan williams

or is it worth going pedlar to durry and banking extra cash?

Gulden averaged 90 over the first six weeks, which has been solid for his starting price but not spectacular. I've got him making $75k over the next couple of weeks. If anything turns me off it's his bye. I think there are better options than both Gulden and Oliver.
Such as? Docherty & Brayshaw other two I'm looking at. Maybe Merrett.

If I go Gulden, can get Chandler & Ashcroft to Docherty or similar price player next week.

Oliver will limit things, might even just have to hold Chandler & Ashcroft a bit longer.

Docherty or Brayshaw will allow an upgrade to an 870k type player.

Of course, all this forward thinking comes to naught when the inevitable other problems arise.

Such as? Docherty & Brayshaw other two I'm looking at. Maybe Merrett.

If I go Gulden, can get Chandler & Ashcroft to Docherty or similar price player next week.

Oliver will limit things, might even just have to hold Chandler & Ashcroft a bit longer.

Docherty or Brayshaw will allow an upgrade to an 870k type player.

Of course, all this forward thinking comes to naught when the inevitable other problems arise.
I'm way too far down the table so take what I say with a grain of salt but if you're looking at Gulden, you're looking at Mills as well (unless you already have him). Brayshaw has a round 12 bye as well so while he's a good pick, is there a better pick that you will get you further through the byes? Oliver achieves this but there are better value options around. A lot of people have remarked this week about Merrett's upcoming run and Darcy Parish going down for a month means a lot of Essendon players are going to be looking for him. Laird and Josh Kelly are potentially still undervalued as well. Doc appears to be at par value but if he drops another 110 this week he's arguably only going up in price. I have Tom Green and Jordan Dawson so I'm eyeing off Merrett myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back