Position 2023 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon not starting Fyfe has real capacity to be a fatal act of cowardice, and I would recommend that all big-Choled that don't have him reconsider.

A 9-season streak of century averages ended by an average low enough to get him to a smidgen over $300k 🤤🤤🤤

49 out of a possible 61 games for the 3 seasons preceding last year for averages of 120, 113, and 100.

I am not trying to minimise the damage for myself when his body breaks down and there's a bunch of good teams whose coaches were smart enough to avoid him - no, no, I'm posting this for the benefit of everyone except myself.
I’m back on. Sounds like you listened to the Coaches Panel podcast.

F2 is tricky,

what are peoples thoughts on the guys priced $450k - $600k?
I’m pretty bullish on Coniglio this year, should be planted in the guts.

Love the upside of Rozee and Taranto should be thereabouts even with iffy disposal.

Id love to start Butters again but kamikaze manic attack on the play makes me nervous. Gun though.

Love the upside of Rozee and Taranto should be thereabouts even with iffy disposal.

Id love to start Butters again but kamikaze manic attack on the play makes me nervous. Gun though.
currently Dunkley, Butters, Taranto, T.McLean as my 1 - 4 Fwd's, pretty bullish on the rookie &/or underpriced guys there.

I've got Rozee. Reckon he's a good 10-15 points underpriced.

Cogs and Taranto the butcher underpriced also.
Bullish on Dylan Moore (Haw) going to another level, proved at his ave (94) but averaged 100 after the bye last year. With no Titch and O'Meara, opportunity presents for guys to roll through the midfield. Has shown the ability to go big (120+) with 3/9 hundreds last year being so. If he improved again, he may end up being the (second) best fwd in SC

F2 is tricky,

what are peoples thoughts on the guys priced $450k - $600k?
Slim pickings in that price range.

For Butters, Rozee & Taranto it's just guess work. With them, it's a case of when you get burnt not if.
I'm not taking any. For anybody who is, think it's take only one and that's a lucky dip. Any more too risky.

Himmelberg depending on where he plays.
Moore a likely type. Worth plenty of thought.

Coniglio too expensive.

FWIW, I have DCameron at F2. Am hanging out for round six positional changes.

Owning both of these is pretty well set for me + Dunks , making it tough to balance the line when 3 of the mid pricers you like and a few rooks are also forward rated.

Owning both of these is pretty well set for me + Dunks , making it tough to balance the line when 3 of the mid pricers you like and a few rooks are also forward rated.
Love it. Future of Port, surely they want the ball in theirs hands as much as possible in the midfield. If i was a key forward I know who I want kicking it to me out of those boys or Ollie Wines😁

Have to add too, how good are they to watch, both of them.

Start one of them in the mids initially? I am toying with similar, start Dunks midfield, move him forward when a cheaper mid presents.

Love it. Future of Port, surely they want the ball in theirs hands as much as possible in the midfield. If i was a key forward I know who I want kicking it to me out of those boys or Ollie Wines😁

Have to add too, how good are they to watch, both of them.
Hopefully if Butters ends up on a drip mid week we get an early tip off 😉
Big year for Port ☹️ but plenty of SC points I reckon.

Start one of them in the mids initially? I am toying with similar, start Dunks midfield, move him forward when a cheaper mid presents.
Probably depends on which mid-pricers and rookies you want? It's going to be an interesting balancing act as there are lots of potential options in the midfield and forwards.

No doubt a few will be ruled out by round one though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to get cold feet on McLean reckon he will get Bevo’d

he has pretty much been best 22 when fit since his 2nd year. Played the EF as his first game back from injury so has had a full pre-season

he was used by Bevo to do specific "jobs" - I think there is a good chance he plays half forward with roles on play making halfbacks

bit hard to leave out if he plays rd 1

he has pretty much been best 22 when fit since his 2nd year. Played the EF as his first game back from injury so has had a full pre-season

he was used by Bevo to do specific "jobs" - I think there is a good chance he plays half forward with roles on play making halfbacks

bit hard to leave out if he plays rd 1
He's never been a big scorer, but even playing half forward should be capable of 65-75 pretty easily. If he gets a run of games. That gets him near $400k and he's done his job.

Season 3 Lock GIF by The Simpsons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back