List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Here's a question, are us or even WC ever going to be in a position where we can recruit big names not from WA like Brisbane have been able to? It's pretty insane that over the course of like 5 years, they've been able to bring in Neale, Daniher and Dunkley. Dont forget it wasnt too long ago they had the "go home 5" or whatever it is so are we ever a chance of having that pulling power or is that an East Coast / non football state thing?
It's a bit of sobering reality that in our 25 years, almost all big names have failed to deliver - Hogan being the last. (Let's hope Luke Jackson bucks the trend).
I reckon we can grow a premiership team from the draft, and if just one of Amiss or Treacy comes good, we've kind of got all the ingredients here now aleady.

It's a bit of sobering reality that in our 25 years, almost all big names have failed to deliver - Hogan being the last. (Let's hope Luke Jackson bucks the trend).
I reckon we can grow a premiership team from the draft, and if just one of Amiss or Treacy comes good, we've kind of got all the ingredients here now aleady.
I'm confident that at the very least, short of going back to Vic for some reason (he wont given how much he wanted to come back), he'll at least play a decade of footy for us, only question is just how good that decade + of footy is. That's more than you can say for all our other big name recruits

I know they didn't work out, but Croad, Tarrant and Modra did come our way. If those moves happened now (ignoring the trade value debate) I think the club would have done their due diligence and it could work.

Unless we have a disaster of a season it just doesn't look like the kind of move we should be doing.

Develop the investment we already have and add to it.

I know they didn't work out, but Croad, Tarrant and Modra did come our way. If those moves happened now (ignoring the trade value debate) I think the club would have done their due diligence and it could work.

Unless we have a disaster of a season it just doesn't look like the kind of move we should be doing.

Modra seems a good one, I was too young to be invested enough in the story behind Croad and Tarrant but didnt we basically just force other clubs to send those players over by dropping our pants at the trade table. The general feel I've had on those trades were that neither actually wanted to join us, we just made offers too good for anyone to refuse for at least one contract

I get what you're saying but Geelong added Cameron to a team that had lost a grand final in 2020. I don't think we need a disaster to look to add in A grade talent

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd be playing Treacy in the AFL side this year and giving Amiss another year of development at Peel, keeping in mind that he will definitely get AFL games throughout the year due to Tabs/Fyfe availability.

He's still got a slender frame and is a 2nd year key FWD, he has plenty of AFL ahead of him and another year in and out of the AFL side won't hinder him.

Treacy brings great pressure for a key FWD and can also chop out in the ruck. He's also more of a contested marking FWD than Tabs and Amiss and brings a different edge to the FWD line.

My ideal FWD line would be

Freddy Treacy Fyfe
Shultz Tabs Sturt

Switta off the bench, **** knows though Jackson will rotate through there but I have no idea how they plan to use him
id def agree that Treacy should play AFL this year and i expect him to as well, but if last year was any indication, Amiss is basically first in, he may be skinny but the club obviously thinks hes capable of playing AFL

I never got around to watching that, surprised there wasnt more talk on "players are expressing interest in playing for us"

That's a pretty nice little tidbit because you wouldnt think that's something he'd lie about

Haha touche, I actually forgot about him but even if we had got him I dont think I could fully count that as the same as Neale, Daniher or Dunkley moving to Brisbane with absolutely no onnection whatsoever.

I reckon we can count Pickett if we somehow make that happen
tbf Neale was the star he is now when traded (although thats mostly because he played for freo), daniher was what 3? years out of playing any meaningful footy, and Dunkley has been pretty much 3rd fiddle in that dogs midfield for some time

tbf Neale was the star he is now when traded (although thats mostly because he played for freo), daniher was what 3? years out of playing any meaningful footy, and Dunkley has been pretty much 3rd fiddle in that dogs midfield for some time
Yeah but all three are pretty big names to get to your club if not connected to your state in anyway

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd be playing Treacy in the AFL side this year and giving Amiss another year of development at Peel, keeping in mind that he will definitely get AFL games throughout the year due to Tabs/Fyfe availability.

He's still got a slender frame and is a 2nd year key FWD, he has plenty of AFL ahead of him and another year in and out of the AFL side won't hinder him.

Treacy brings great pressure for a key FWD and can also chop out in the ruck. He's also more of a contested marking FWD than Tabs and Amiss and brings a different edge to the FWD line.

My ideal FWD line would be

Freddy Treacy Fyfe
Shultz Tabs Sturt

Switta off the bench, **** knows though Jackson will rotate through there but I have no idea how they plan to use him
Lol Amiss is ahead of Treacy and is on a trajectory to be a 50 even 60+ goal a year KPF in a few years time. Amiss must stay in the side as much as I love Treacy.

Yeah but all three are pretty big names to get to your club if not connected to your state in anyway
Bell just said we have turned things around and have a great cultute + success which will incentivize players to make the move. Daniels than asked about all the WA boys OOC like Naughton. I don't think it's implied we are after anyone, rather we are always in contact with player managers.

We do have pieces to trade though if we are that way inclined. Naughton is a pipe dream but Pickett is a possibility.

Here's a question, are us or even WC ever going to be in a position where we can recruit big names not from WA like Brisbane have been able to? It's pretty insane that over the course of like 5 years, they've been able to bring in Neale, Daniher and Dunkley. Dont forget it wasnt too long ago they had the "go home 5" or whatever it is so are we ever a chance of having that pulling power or is that an East Coast / non football state thing?
Daniher very specifically wanted to get out of a "football state" from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell just said we have turned things around and have a great cultute + success which will incentivize players to make the move. Daniels than asked about all the WA boys OOC like Naughton. I don't think it's implied we are after anyone, rather we are always in contact with player managers.

We do have pieces to trade though if we are that way inclined. Naughton is a pipe dream but Pickett is a possibility.
Dont need to imply we are after anyone, every club is always looking to trade players in, that's a given. Daniels asked about Naughton and Georgiades specifically then Bell said "we are having people ask about moving to WA and joining Freo now"

That's pretty different and means there are players specifically wanting to join Freo, or at least, include us in a list of clubs they would like to move to which is pretty exciting.

who do you trade out to bring in an A level talent though?
Ideally at this stage of our cycle it would be picks, but I assume like every year we're going to have players wanting to move again next season. Itt seems that is the way things are with list management, you might have to give something up you want to keep to improve your list because you can't have them all Vague rumours about Cox, Henry and Schultz have already started, I am not saying we want to lose any of these guys, but Melbourne didn't want to lose Jackson, we didn't want to lose Lobb. s**t happens.

If Naughton had started making noises about moving back then Lobb makes sense.

Punch games into Darcy with Lobb as shield.
The price for Naughton would make me sick though...having said that if we had everyone else pegged down that we needed, then a Naughton would really plug the Taberner hole nicely and be a bridge to Amiss and Treacy

Found this interesting Naughton is contracted until 2024 like it means anything.

Ryan Daniels Reveals The Dockers Have Aaron Naughton And Mitch Georgiades On Their Radar​

Channel 7’s Ryan Daniels joins Xav and Michelle this morning to provide the latest AFL news, beginning with the potential future for the Fremantle Dockers.
“I know for a fact…there a two names very firmly on the radar,” he admits on Xav and Michelle for Breakfast.
Aaron Naughton…and Mitch Georgiades…just watch this space.”
“Do not be surprised if one of them ends up in purple as soon as next year.”

Last edited:
Found this interesting Naughton is contracted until 2024 like it means anything.

Ryan Daniels Reveals The Dockers Have Aaron Naughton And Mitch Georgiades On Their Radar​

Channel 7’s Ryan Daniels joins Xav and Michelle this morning to provide the latest AFL news, beginning with the potential future for the Fremantle Dockers.
“I know for a fact…there a two names very firmly on the radar,” he admits on Xav and Michelle for Breakfast.
“Aaron Naughton…and Mitch Georgiades…just watch this space.”

Naughton makes more sense as we've just put some effort in with medium forwards with Emmett and Corbett plus Fyfe playing there.

“Aaron Naughton…and Mitch Georgiades…just watch this space.”
Naughton is contracted until the end of 2024. If we try and get him this year he's going to cost a fortune. (In both picks and salary). Doesn't automatically mean we won't try but geez, the Dogs will want pretty bloody good compensation for him.

How the **** would we have draft currency for Naughton after paying out the arse for Jackson

We have pick 20 this year plus 2024 first...Not sure about the rules around pick use.
Doesn't have to be just this year either.

And for Georgiades what would he cost? Pick 20 max?

How the **** would we have draft currency for Naughton after paying out the arse for Jackson
We literally even have all our valuable players signed up 2+ years.

Naughton under contract would be more expensive than Jackson was last year, possibly literally not even gettable (would you trade him a year in advance if you were Dogs?).

The only way I can see us possibly having enough to get Naughton is if Treacy breaks out for 30+ goals and man would this place explode if we traded him after that happening haha

We have pick 20 this year plus 2024 first...Not sure about the rules around pick use.
Doesn't have to be just this year either.

And for Georgiades what would he cost? Pick 20 max?
Georgiades we could afford comfortably I think but not really the type of forward where I think would be worth it for our list.

Outside of the superstars, I don't think it makes sense for us to chase midfield or defense based "good" players as they player they push out is probably similar ability or greater potential. Maybe a winger depending on how Henry comes on.

It would have to be forwards.
Even forwards, are depth is ok. We just lack an A Grader.

I think we really need to chase A graders only (Top 5 players at our club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back