NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

oi Panthers....sign him if he becomes available.

Ravens GM Eric DeCosta said he's not prepared to say whether the team will pick up Patrick Queen's fifth-year option.​

Queen had his best season to date, finishing with a 64.6 PFF run defense grade and a 65.5 coverage grade, both career highs. And on the other hand, the Ravens traded for Roquan Smith and gave him $100 million dollars, so Queen will likely never be the No. 1 linebacker in Baltimore. The fact that the Ravens were non-committal indicates that Queen hasn't done enough for this to be a no-brainer, but it doesn't necessarily mean they won't take the extra year of team control.

Ravens GM Eric DeCosta told reporters the team is "excited to start up negotiations again with Lamar Jackson."​

John Harbaugh, who was also at this presser said that the team "100 percent, you know, 200 percent" intends to keep Lamar Jackson, and that "Lamar wants to be here." There's been plenty of smoke around the idea of separating Jackson from the Ravens, but this presser laid out in bare terms that the Ravens intend to do all that they can to keep him in Baltimore. In the worst-case scenario, the Ravens can simply franchise tag him. Both DeCosta and Harbaugh said that they spoke to Jackson today. Baltimore's brain trust even went as far as to lay out that they wanted Jackson's input on their upcoming offensive coordinator hire.

Ravens GM Eric DeCosta told reporters the team is "excited to start up negotiations again with Lamar Jackson."​

John Harbaugh, who was also at this presser said that the team "100 percent, you know, 200 percent" intends to keep Lamar Jackson, and that "Lamar wants to be here." There's been plenty of smoke around the idea of separating Jackson from the Ravens, but this presser laid out in bare terms that the Ravens intend to do all that they can to keep him in Baltimore. In the worst-case scenario, the Ravens can simply franchise tag him. Both DeCosta and Harbaugh said that they spoke to Jackson today. Baltimore's brain trust even went as far as to lay out that they wanted Jackson's input on their upcoming offensive coordinator hire.
i.e. We're gonna tag him and make some team pony up for him

i.e. We're gonna tag him and make some team pony up for him

I think they legit want him to stay, just depends how far Lamar is willing to come down, not a chance the Ravens give a duel threat QB a fully guaranteed contract, they aren't known for being stupid.

I do think some other QB desperate team would however. See Jets, Falcons, Panthers etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never thought about this, good question....

Believe they do. I listen to a Titans podcast and when they talk about salary cap they always mention you have to have enough room in cap for bonuses etc (making pro bowl etc)

Finally an article that doesn't have 49ers as an option for Brady

Couldn't he just **** off? The hubris on this campaigner is honestly staggering

Couldn't he just * off? The hubris on this campaigner is honestly staggering
I get it, but also, sad that old people are meant to shuffle off and leave everything to the young. His ego and cringe aside....if he's playing still very well, why should he stop playing? Good on him for going as long as he did and and longer if he can. But i get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back