NCAA 2023- NCAA Off Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

if enough vote to exit the MW no one needs to buyout.
It'd be interesting to see how it plays out

the Pac-12 can bring more credits
the MWC can bring an actual tv deal which could be renegotiated
the pac-12 can bring better bowls
the MWC can bring stability

I doubt you'd go an uneven amount, and to get the 9 team vote to dissolve the MWC, you'd have to take 10. But would you get that? San Jose State and Hawaii are the obvious 2 that wouldn't be taken. However, could Wyoming and New Mexico be potential exclusions they vote no too and you can't dissolve the conference?

I'm surprised there's even murmours of Stanford/Cal even considering anything with the MWC. Stanford has the means to go Indy, and it can help them maintain a higher level with the goal of going BigTen when the time comes. Cal dont, they need help. But they're too stubborn, arrogant that I'd be shocked if they joined the MWC. It'd be a real gut punch to their fanbase.

I think a merge among all 16 schools would actually be the best thing. It'd actually be a pretty good basketball conference. Could you bring in Gonzaga and Wichita State?
But that's under the assumption you can keep the best of all worlds. If one cant. I do wonder which way they'd go. Will the majority of the MWC join the Pac-12, leaving schools like San Jose State and Hawaii behind. Or will the Pac-12 schools join the MWC and leave the BBall credits behind?

It'll be interesting. But if these pac12-mwc talks go well I'd be very intrigued.

Amazing that it took about 10 years to expand the cfp, but a few days for the Pac 12 to collapse.
tbh - I'm surprised it held together as long as it did.

I was expecting Colorado/Arizona/Arizona State to go quite a bit before they did (I had hope that BYU would give the finger to Utah for 2010, and bring in Boise State for the help we gave them when they went indy)

Surely no one is stupid enough to do that.

They wouldn't add enough to the pie to get a full share.
And even at a partial share, wouldn't everyone be worse off with the extra travel requirements?

Were Fox still part of the Pac12 broadcast deal?

From what I can understand they negotiated a deal for shared rights with ESPN... only to give the whole conference the bullet in favour of the conferences where they own "better" tv rights.

This is about to suck for Australians if we can't get a tv deal or a streaming deal sorted for Fox matches, ESPN looks like it's about to become useless.

Next July/Aug will also be big for realignment. Notre Dame's NBC deal expires at the end of the 2025 season. So if they have no new deal by then expect them to join the Big10 or ACC. Interesting that ND are the ones leading the charge for Stanford to the ACC.

But unless the ACC can revise its TV deal [the intro of ND for football would help] otherwise it will die because Clemson/FSU will want out then others will follow and the conference will be picked for parts by the other 3. then the leftovers will have to join the AAC.

Also makes me wonder if Stanford will leave Cal behind if Fox/Big10 called with the help of ND to get them both in.

F**k i hate all this realignment stuff. and it will keep going till there are just 2 super conferences left, and both will cut ties with the dead weight like Rutgers

Next July/Aug will also be big for realignment. Notre Dame's NBC deal expires at the end of the 2025 season. So if they have no new deal by then expect them to join the Big10 or ACC. Interesting that ND are the ones leading the charge for Stanford to the ACC.

But unless the ACC can revise its TV deal [the intro of ND for football would help] otherwise it will die because Clemson/FSU will want out then others will follow and the conference will be picked for parts by the other 3. then the leftovers will have to join the AAC.
ND have constantly said the only things that there is 2 things them from being independent; no access to the CFP or a great media deal.

There's also contractually obliged to join the ACC under their "other sports" agreement, but they can be voided if they pull those teams out.

I didn't realise their nbc deal ended so soon. They want top be able to hit the 75-90m figure similar to the sec or big10 eventual numbers. Interesting times ahead....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

[also BTTF is really creepy with all the incest vibes]

So apparently, espn offered the pac12 $30m a year.
They said no, we're worth $50m
Especially laughed and earned away

Bigten swooped in
Pac10 now only offered $20m

That there was what destroyed the pac.

Shame. Because until that happened, Boise state and Memphis were being set up to join the bigxii :(
Big XII caught wind if it. Held off. And got better content.

So apparently, espn offered the pac12 $30m a year.
They said no, we're worth $50m
Especially laughed and earned away

Bigten swooped in
Pac10 now only offered $20m

That there was what destroyed the pac.

Shame. Because until that happened, Boise state and Memphis were being set up to join the bigxii :(
Big XII caught wind if it. Held off. And got better content.
I think the ESPN offer was over a year ago, they then gave that offer to the Big12 and they took it.

"The Michigan infractions case is related to impermissible on and off-campus recruiting during the COVID-19 dead period and impermissible coaching activities — not a cheeseburger,” said Derrick Crawford, NCAA vice president, hearing operations

Which means they see this way more serious than a 4 x game day ban against cupcakes.

Don't remind me about 2017/2018. I'm still pissed we lost the Championship Game.
Sometimes 1 small comment like yours leads me to checking random stuff and fine completely random and irrelevant information.

Your comment makes me check Alabama's 2017 schedule, which leads to Georgia's schedule. Then out of curiosity I clicked on SEC Nation's link from one of your late season games. And I found something interesting.

Only 1 team has a 1.000 record when SEC Nation turned up to the Game.

Drumroll please.......................The Citadel. They beat South Carolina in 2015.

I just find that hilarious, the best record by teams on SEC Nation not only isn't an SEC school, nor is it even an FBS school. It's The Citadel from FCS.

Sometimes 1 small comment like yours leads me to checking random stuff and fine completely random and irrelevant information.

Your comment makes me check Alabama's 2017 schedule, which leads to Georgia's schedule. Then out of curiosity I clicked on SEC Nation's link from one of your late season games. And I found something interesting.

Only 1 team has a 1.000 record when SEC Nation turned up to the Game.

Drumroll please.......................The Citadel. They beat South Carolina in 2015.

I just find that hilarious, the best record by teams on SEC Nation not only isn't an SEC school, nor is it even an FBS school. It's The Citadel from FCS.
Lol. A military college isn’t it?

Lol. A military college isn’t it?
And again - 1 comment makes me go looking

You are correct

But did you know both Texas A&M and Virginia Tech are as well?

And again - 1 comment makes me go looking

You are correct

But did you know both Texas A&M and Virginia Tech are as well?
Texas A&M dropped the military requirements years ago. But is still leans that way. You always see them in uniform in the stands.i think it even came up in the Johnny Football netflix puff piece that came out lastweek

Didn't know VT was one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back