NCAA 2023- NCAA Off Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

Tomorrow is the deadline for FSU and anyone else to inform the ACC they want out if they plan to exit next season.

Saw and article yesterday about the teams who might want out. And wonder where NC State go if the SEC don't want them. Since they are not a AAU school it's unlikely the Big10 would even look at them.

But the ACC is just a when not if it falls apart if they don't look to expand. It's what saved the Big12 ans where the Pac12 failed once the big 2 left [Texas and Oklahoma. And USC and UCLA]

You know its getting close to the season when ESPNU start the 25 best games of the past season.

It looks like

1. Ohio St Vs Georgia
2. TCU Vs Michigan
3. Kansas State Vs TCU
4. Alabama Vs LSU
5. Florida State Vs LSU
6. North Carolina Vs App St
7. Oklahoma State Vs TCU
8. Florida Vs Florida State
9. Florida Vs Utah
10. South Carolina Vs Clemson
11. Clemson Vs Wake Forest
12. App St Vs Texas A&M
13. Oregon Vs Oregon State
14. Texas Vs Texas Tech
15. Clemson Vs Florida State
16. Illinois Vs Michigan
17. Cal Vs USC
18. Tennessee Vs South Carolina
19. Texas Vs Oklahoma State
20. Tennessee Vs Pitt
21. Syracuse Vs Clemson
22. TCU Vs Texas
23. Cincinnati Vs Arkansas
24. Baylor Vs BYU
25. Florida State Vs Louisville

They dont really make a big deal about it anymore because all the games on Fox/NBC [SEC on CBS games they get replay rights so can use them] In the past they would rank the Fox games too but not air the games.

No Oregon games on the one pay network I have fml
at least half the ducks games have been on Fox for years.
and looking at the schedule, i wouldnt expect more than 2 or 3 to be on an ESPN network this season

I wonder what would happen if he decommits after his senior season. If he can keep the money then I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out of state.

If other states bring this in then expect a Florida, Georgia, California, and Texas domination of CFB.

I wonder what would happen if he decommits after his senior season. If he can keep the money then I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out of state.

If other states bring this in then expect a Florida, Georgia, California, and Texas domination of CFB.

Surely that wouldn't be able to hold up in court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels a bit late now the Pac-12 fell apart unless they can convince the networks to let the schools out of the TV deals or are willing to wait till 2028 when the Big10 deal expires and hope the SEC [2034], Big12 [2031] ACC [2036] will also want to buy out or at least some of the big name teams which will leave the small ones behind like what happened to the Pac

Plus if it was next season always a chance he heads back to nfl at end of year.

the NCAA already knocked back the 4 game suspension Michigan proposed a few months ago.

Nothing will happen till next year anyway.
the interesting thing is that the NCAA has said nothing about what the breaches are [Michigan came up with the burger story and the NCAA said it wasnt about that]

I hear the MWC Commissioner is on campus at WSU tomorrow

I wonder how far the next domino is to fall.

MWC should be making a hard sell to WSU and OSU atm. Get them to jump ship and it's obvious what the next step will be.

I've made the commend on a Boise State forum. I believe long term, the best thing is for the Pac to rebuild. But in the short term it might be next to impossible. The increase in tv that a mwc/aac school will get in this iteration of the pac wouldn't offset the exit clause buyouts. So even though we can cut the dead weight (Hawai'i, San Jose State and maybe some more) the schools mightn't be able to afford it.

I'd push for WSU/OSU now and force Stanfords/cals hand. No chance you can rebuild.

TBH - I very much doubt Stanford will join any league except the ACC. But having WSU/OSU on board, might have Cal join. And at that point, the MWC is better than the AAC (Probably was the day Cincy/Houston/UCF left) so we might, MIGHT even manage to claw SMU or UTSA out of the AAC to even things out (SMU would have the finances to do it better, UTSA has more potential to be more) It would be a lateral move on the financial side of things (East coast worth more with less population on the west coast, time zones = west coast games too late for east coast viewers)

End of the day, these pac4 schools need to figure out what they're doing asap. Their precarious situation would have them losing recruiting battles left right and centre at the moment.

Having said that, I dont know if they're a threat for Boise State, we won a recruiting battle with Michigan (He's only visited Michigan, Oregon and TCU, and the final 2 was reportedly Boise State and Michigan) a few weeks back haha. To be fair, he is an Idaho kid. So probably grew up a Broncos fan. But with his offer list (Alabama, Arkansas, BYU, Cal, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, Utah, Washington, Washington State, Wisconsin, 1 other G5 school, and 2 FCS schools) I wonder if he's a chance at becoming Boise State's first ever 5 star recruit. Currently ranked #35 in the nation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back