Opinion 2023 Pass mark (Nicks keeps job)

Minimum number of wins for a pass for AFC in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie’s head knock affected him a little but agree his demise is overplayed

We do need to groom someone for that role urgently though

Don’t mind Philactides and Patton SA in next years draft
Agree these 2 look like a good fit. We definitely need some run, speed and someone that can be a 70m+ player. When Dave Mackay left we lost that punch and speed off the high HB position.

Brodie’s head knock affected him a little but agree his demise is overplayed

We do need to groom someone for that role urgently though

Don’t mind Philactides and Patton SA in next years draft
Why wait until next year?
We've opened up two list spots and one of the targets is looking more and more like he'll be gone before we can get a deal done?

Jonti Schuback son of a former Crows player Jacob Schuback should be gettable, and he certainly has line breaking speed and very decent footskills... Jason Gilbee another that would suit. Both Vic Country lads which is always a big plus

We've opened up two list spots and one of the targets is looking more and more like he'll be gone before we can get a deal done?

Jonti Schuback son of a former Crows player Jacob Schuback should be gettable, and he certainly has line breaking speed and very decent footskills... Jason Gilbee another that would suit. Both Vic Country lads which is always a big plus
Agree both a good options as well, I do like Schuback. But its our draft hand that is the problem 46, 56, 59. Im not sure either of these 2 will be available. I reckon we will try and get Lemmy or Scully.

Agree both a good options as well, I do like Schuback. But its our draft hand that is the problem 46, 56, 59. Im not sure either of these 2 will be available. I reckon we will try and get Lemmy or Scully.
We have 2 2023 2nds, hence why we opened up the 2 list spots...that wasn't by accident...

Forget B & F votes .....Smith's 1st half of the season was horrid, speckled with large periods in games of disinterest, and poor decision making .....he got back to more like the Smith we know, in the back 3rd of the season ....but no, he wasn't demonstrating any on-field leadership

Doedee did show leadership ......by playing when he shouldn't have been .....why did he play, again a need for experience in DEF
Smith was having a good season until he got his head knock imo.

Struggled a bit after.

With Doedee not practically able to raise his arms to mark (satisfactorily) .....and Butts / Murray not great in the air ....Nicks needed some aerial presence in DEF .....and an elite kick coming out of DEF .....it was the right decision by Nicks

Games played means nothing .....only so many experienced players you can drop, B4 the house of cards collapse

last bit is rubbish. What causes the collapse is playing footballers that aren't contributing positively to footballing performance.

A leader wouldn't have played and would have told Nick's that Worrell was more than ready.
Wouldn’t put him anywhere in same basket but Selwood would never do that … and he’s a supreme leader

It’s an easy think to say but it’s not reality

It’s up to coache’s to say you’re not performing at acceptable level

We have 2 2023 2nds, hence why we opened up the 2 list spots...that wasn't by accident...
correct. 46, 56 and 59 are for this year. I dont think Schuback or Gilbee will be on the board for our picks.
Whereas 2023 we have a lot more options.

He was a young dad!

Jordan Dawson in round 22 vs North Melbourne

Screenshot_20221120_092932.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got back a bit for a forward pocket

Reminds me a bit of when Blight said that Robert Harvey went to places to get the ball that he wouldn't want his mids going to. He had to qualify that by then saying that it's ok for him, because he's Robert Harvey and his mids aren't. I don't think oppo coaches would care that Dawson is picking up possessions in their forward 50. Just like Blight didn't care that Harvey did.

He absolutely was this year in one of the few games I went to.
Think it was the GWS game.
Yep … there were some games he was a spare , some a wing , and plenty where he played on an opponent in the backline….

It was those times that his opponents dragged him back to deep defence as any decent opposition coach would

Be fascinating to see how we use him next season , he was a dominant goal kicking wing in second half of swans 2021 season

Mutineer you can’t disagree with something that actually happened. 😆
Just because thats where he collected the ball doesnt mean he was playing back pocket

lets face it the ball was down there 90% of that match so to get the ball of course thats where he had to go...

Back