Opinion 2023 Pass mark (Nicks keeps job)

Minimum number of wins for a pass for AFC in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

its just the matchup at that particular bounce

you dont watch a lot of footy do you
At what point do you say that’s not their position, when they get a possession down the field once?
He played in the back pocket plain and simple at stages this year, there is no getting around it.
Back pocket is not a position you start in just for a bounce.
But you’d know this if you watched footy.

At what point do you say that’s not their position, when they get a possession down the field once?
He played in the back pocket plain and simple at stages this year, there is no getting around it.
Froggy, he's not playing back pocket

He's just playing on the opposition's forward pocket that's all

Seriously, you need to watch more footyball

well you watch but don't understand whats going on then...

Yep … there were some games he was a spare , some a wing , and plenty where he played on an opponent in the backline….

It was those times that his opponents dragged him back to deep defence as any decent opposition coach would

Be fascinating to see how we use him next season , he was a dominant goal kicking wing in second half of swans 2021 season

Goal kicking? Dominant? Did he keep his opponent boundary side though?

Why would you play an attacking wingman in an attacking role when you can have them sweep in defence and deliver the ball to the real prime movers like Ned McHenry and Rory Laird.

So tell me what is going on then when he starts and continues to play in the back pocket?
Which position are you imagining him playing?
Undoubtedly he was playing on someone they dragged him to where they wanted to be... we couldn't get it out of the centre so he couldn't position himself where he wanted to be - he wasn't deliberately picked or playing back pocket but he was manning someone sure

FFS are you 10? go catch a fly froggy and have a bex and lie down

Undoubtedly he was playing on someone they dragged him to where they wanted to be... we couldn't get it out of the centre so he couldn't position himself where he wanted to be - he wasn't deliberately picked or playing back pocket but he was manning someone sure

When everyone can see it but you, I’m happy I’m in the opposite corner.

So where was he playing then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better go to specsavers...

Obviously older than 10……… he joined in 2004🤦‍♂️

its just the matchup at that particular bounce

you dont watch a lot of footy do you

Serious For Real GIF by The First Team

Probably... but you can't categorically say he WILL BE!

1 year is a long time in football & if our season goes pear shaped...
When in recent times has it not gone pear shaped? Just saying. I don’t think Nicks is in danger of being sacked next year! We are a young team. I suspect we will start transitioning some of the older boys out too, which will bring our average playing age down again. We will win some games we shouldn’t win and lose some games we shouldn’t lose, but it would take a complete disaster for Nicks to be ousted!

Alot more pressure on Nicksy this year in his 4th year. Really in AFL coaching terms it's been a fairly easy ride for three years with virtually no expectations. I think that changes this year regardless of the age of the list.

I always think there is always one SA AFL coach under pressure. Nicksy would be praying Port start poorly.

In some ways the two showdowns showed two extremes. The win probably gave him and the club some breathing space.

The loss made us look like we are not really going anywhere. His post match sounded like someone that was glad the season was over.

I don't think he would want to finish the year like that in 2023. Depending on what the team is showing he is a chance to go anytime after the mid season bye.

Last edited:
I think he will keep his job unless we get 5 wins and under, the club seem invested in him.

But he’s going to want to start making some better decisions. Dawson in defence again isn’t a good start.

How we line up rd 1 and our gameplan will be telling if he’s learnt anything.

Back