NFL 2023 - Pre-Draft Discussion and Mock Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

The Athletic's Vic Tatur writes that Georgia DL Jalen Carter "is not an option for the Raiders at No. 7, having already been crossed off by the team."​

Tatur notes that the comparison between Carter and former Raiders wideout Henry Ruggs is "too close to home for the Raiders and their fans in the Las Vegas community." Carter's reckless driving case is not quite in the same ballpark as what happened with Ruggs, but this is a concrete sign that teams are wary of Carter's character and that he could potentially be in for a draft day fall.

I see mocks with him going as a top 5 pick still, makes no sense to me. Clearly shown hes a dickhead at best. Wouldnt surprise me if he makes it to the 20's. Driving off on friends you were dragging who crashed and died coz youre scared of getting in trouble says a lot about your character.

I see mocks with him going as a top 5 pick still, makes no sense to me. Clearly shown hes a dickhead at best. Wouldnt surprise me if he makes it to the 20's. Driving off on friends you were dragging who crashed and died coz youre scared of getting in trouble says a lot about your character.
Problem with mock drafts is that they don't have the level of information needed in two of the most important areas - character and medical - to accurately assess where a player should go.

Based purely on tape, Carter is a top 2 or 3 prospects in the entire class which makes moving him down into the mid or late 1st round hard to do without anything more concrete about his personality than the fact he's done at least one dumb thing by driving really fast and racing a friend. It's worth noting that we don't actually know that he left the scene of the crash (his lawyer claims he did, that his passenger called 911 while he tried to get to the crash victims and only left after being told he could), but whatever happened it shows that serious work needs to be done in working out his character before a team should draft him

The Athletic's Vic Tatur writes that Georgia DL Jalen Carter "is not an option for the Raiders at No. 7, having already been crossed off by the team."​

Tatur notes that the comparison between Carter and former Raiders wideout Henry Ruggs is "too close to home for the Raiders and their fans in the Las Vegas community." Carter's reckless driving case is not quite in the same ballpark as what happened with Ruggs, but this is a concrete sign that teams are wary of Carter's character and that he could potentially be in for a draft day fall.
Seems to be a few teams have taken him off the board.

Dumb take but expected from Cowherd.

A better point would be, other than Cam, name a QB who's been built like a brick shithouse coming out to have a successful NFL career.

Dumb take but expected from Cowherd.

A better point would be, other than Cam, name a QB who's been built like a brick shithouse coming out to have a successful NFL career.
I saw the 49ers 1994 Americas Game recently and, following the regular season, Steve Young gave his team some pep-talk with his shirt off and I was surprised at how physically average he looked.

wcA5wh0.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw the 49ers 1994 Americas Game recently and, following the regular season, Steve Young gave his team some pep-talk with his shirt off and I was surprised at how physically average he looked.

wcA5wh0.png

Yeah hes more solid than you think but certainly no Cam, Levis or Tebow.

When he falls this is not going to help

Needs some humbling ASAP.

You would think some of the events he was involved in would have already helped some...

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah reports the Titans are a team to "keep an eye on" to move up to the No. 3 overall pick.​

Speaking on his Move the Sticks podcast last week, Jeremiah pinpointed the Titans and Raiders as two teams "people around the league" told him to "keep an eye on" to move up to the No. 3 overall pick. The Raiders recently signed Jimmy Garoppolo to a three-year, $72.75 million contract, but the Titans have Ryan Tannehill on the final year of his four-year contract and are in need of an upgrade sooner or later. With the Cardinals currently holding the third pick, and Kyler Murray fresh off a lucrative extension, it wouldn't be surprising to see them willing to part with the pick for a substantial haul. The Titans won't be in contention for a top pick in the 2024 draft, which makes a trade with the Cardinals all the more logical as the team prepares to move on from Tannehill.

Could be but Dean & Davis both ex teammates so could be some reasoning there. Not sure if there's anyone at the Bears.

He just wants the status of being a top 10 pick I think is more the case.

Needs some humbling ASAP.

You would think some of the events he was involved in would have already helped some...
If the September incident didnt give him a wake up call, and then the fatal street race in Jan. nothing will.

Some people are self destructive. and think that their skills will always cover up the red flags.
Seems like a sociopath, so expecting him to feel guilt or be humbled is unlikely. at best he will do a token effort to save face and keep his head down for a few months till his impulses take over again.

You'd think after the Ruggs incident they would all get the message, guess not. That staffer that was driving the other car was pretty pissed though while Cater was clean it seems so not ready to write him off just yet.
Dude got busted going like 70mph in a school zone a few months before.

If not for Carter the other car might not of been racing.
Its not as bad as the Alabama basketball player that delivered a teammate a gun for him to murder someone, but its close. I dont understand how he isnt a mess for being at least partly responsible for the race that caused the deaths.

I would be disgusted if the Packers took him. I dont care how good he is as a player. he is a s**t campaigner human and is showing little to no want to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back