Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

He won’t be, have rated Parish’s ability at the contest higher but he is missing games, Merrett would be up there, Stringer with his impact. There’s a few role players who could poll surprisingly well but it’s not much of an achievement imho, due to the amount of injuries to key players meaning as long as he plays all the games, he’s at an advantage. Been good tho!
It's him, Merrett and Redman top 3. Langford maybe in there ahead of Redman

Amiss with another 3 goals today. 19.7 from 10 games and leading the goal kicking at Freo.
On track for 40+ goals. That would have to go close to winning the whole thing if he did.

Last edited:
Amiss with another 3 goals today. 19.7 from 10 games and leading the goal kicking at Freo.

Definitely deserves a nom at some point.

Seamus Mitchell will hopefully get a 'body of work' nomination later on in the year. Has been electric off the half back flank.

Amiss 's performances this year should mean the Dockers go back to back winners of the award after David Mundy's win last year

It's not really hard to ignore if the winner breaks the disposal record for a 1st year player.
Mids racking up possessions are easy to find.
Key forwards are not and they are the ones that mostly help teams win flags because they are so rare.
Anyway I don’t really care. I would take amiss ahead of everyone bar Nick Daicos in a 2021 redraft.
The most important draft pick Fremantle have made since selecting Nat Fyfe in 2009 with pick 20.

Mids racking up possessions are easy to find.
Key forwards are not and they are the ones that mostly help teams win flags because they are so rare.
Anyway I don’t really care. I would take amiss ahead of everyone bar Nick Daicos in a 2021 redraft.
The most important draft pick Fremantle have made since selecting Nat Fyfe in 2009 with pick 20.

Yeah they are easy to find, generally.

Ones that rack up the pill to this level and be as damaging as he is with the ball, who can play across every line and be the most dangerous forward in the entire draft class when he plays there?

Not so much.

Amiss would probably be the favourite in a typical year where the leading mid averages 19-21 disposals a game and wins it. Ala Serong/Mills.

Sheezel is averaging around 50% more across most stat lines than Calumn Mills when he won it.

He's also outscoring both Daicos and Walsh in their rising star years.

Anyway, for what was called a weak draft and 2023 declared a super draft by comparison, the roles may very well be reversed.

The top 10 of 2022 is absolutely stacked after the first half season of evidence.

Last edited:
Not hung up on it at all, just think McGrath is one of the most underwhelming number 1 picks the comp has seen.
you've no understanding about football if you genuinely think that..

Many articles that review the no.1 draft pick don't rate McGrath a failure. Just nuffies wanting to hate one Essendon do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Mac Andrew gets a nomination soon. He played a really good game yesterday against the Bulldogs. I think Amiss will get the nomination for this Round.

Definitely has to be Amiss this week.

Mac Andrew was also impressive against the Dogs agreed.

Amiss to get the nom this week (barring any standout performances today) but Humphrey is quickly rocketing into contention. No Touk Miller, no worries. He's seamlessly slotted in to that midfield and is kicking his goal a game too. Kid will be an absolute gun

Hard to believe Humphrey is still paying $41 and is the 6th favourite for the award. I dare say he won't be there for very long.

Hard to believe Humphrey is still paying $41 and is the 6th favourite for the award. I dare say he won't be there for very long.

Missing his first month and a couple of sub games probably hurts him.

Like Humphrey. Was hoping he would be available at our pick.

Missing his first month and a couple of sub games probably hurts him.

Like Humphrey. Was hoping he would be available at our pick.
The Dees were super keen on Humphrey but just couldn't convince any club with a pick before #5 to trade with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back