Preview 2023 Round 8 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday, May 6, 7.25PM AEST, Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest challenge will be in the ruck… English will dominate Flynn.
Stats don't agree ... but of course the game isn't played on paper.

2023 AFL ruck efficiency ratings after seven rounds

RankPlayerTotal Ruck Contests (RC)Total Hit-OutsHit-Out Win %Hit-Outs to Advantage (HTA)Hit-Outs to Advantage %HTA per RC (%)
6Matthew Flynn43620446.86833.315.60
12Tim English51919337.26433.212.33

Stats don't agree ... but of course the game isn't played on paper.

2023 AFL ruck efficiency ratings after seven rounds

RankPlayerTotal Ruck Contests (RC)Total Hit-OutsHit-Out Win %Hit-Outs to Advantage (HTA)Hit-Outs to Advantage %HTA per RC (%)
6Matthew Flynn43620446.86833.315.60
12Tim English51919337.26433.212.33
I was meaning around the ground as well. English very mobile.

I was meaning around the ground as well. English very mobile.
English whoops every ruck around the ground, he's super unique. His running and skills are so so good for a guy that size, should be the AA ruck this year easily.

What do people think our line up will be against the Dogs?
Do we need to adjust for Lobb with Keefe or just trust the pace and thiccness.

If we win this game...
Two games in a row against our two biggest rivals....the buy-in will be huge.
Start to believe that we are really going in the right direction.

I'd also just love to win in Canberra. It's gonna be cold and dewy in Canberra. Maybe smaller is better.

Bring Ward in for Peatling I reckon. That's it.

What do people think our line up will be against the Dogs?
Do we need to adjust for Lobb with Keefe or just trust the pace and thiccness.

If we win this game...
Two games in a row against our two biggest rivals....the buy-in will be huge.
Start to believe that we are really going in the right direction.

I'd also just love to win in Canberra. It's gonna be cold and dewy in Canberra. Maybe smaller is better.

Bring Ward in for Peatling I reckon. That's it.
Davis is also fit if they would consider him (I wouldn't) Im happy to go in a little smaller with the guys that got it done last week.

I think Ward for Peatling is the go.

peatling is a real trier, but has a lot more limitations than the other options and is the one to miss for me.

LLoyd is the other potential in. If he comes in, it would be for Angwin, I think I want us to keep Angwin.

Medi sub, any of Llyod, Peatling or Rowsten works for me. If Angwin missed the team, I dont think he is suited to being the sub

Davis is also fit if they would consider him (I wouldn't) Im happy to go in a little smaller with the guys that got it done last week.

I think Ward for Peatling is the go.

peatling is a real trier, but has a lot more limitations than the other options and is the one to miss for me.

LLoyd is the other potential in. If he comes in, it would be for Angwin, I think I want us to keep Angwin.

Medi sub, any of Llyod, Peatling or Rowsten works for me. If Angwin missed the team, I dont think he is suited to being the sub
It'd be rough to drop Angwin after his game for Lloyd.
Again I feel like getting games into these younger guys is huge for our development. Lloyd is at the back end of his career and probably isn't a massive improvement on what Angwin brings anyway.
These lower end guys who we need to step up are worth putting time into.

Rowston has been a good sub so far.

It'd be rough to drop Angwin after his game for Lloyd.
Again I feel like getting games into these younger guys is huge for our development. Lloyd is at the back end of his career and probably isn't a massive improvement on what Angwin brings anyway.
These lower end guys who we need to step up are worth putting time into.

Rowston has been a good sub so far.
they still want to make finals, they will pick what they think the best 22 is, regardless of age and what not. If they think lloyd is a better player right now, they'll pick him. Im not sure, I leant to Angwin just, but Im probably factoring in what you're talking about, getting games into the kids.

they still want to make finals, they will pick what they think the best 22 is, regardless of age and what not. If they think lloyd is a better player right now, they'll pick him. Im not sure, I leant to Angwin just, but Im probably factoring in what you're talking about, getting games into the kids.
They would definitely be looking to the future at this point.
I understand they certainly want to win but playing Brown and Cadman is certainly look forward.
Probably trying to do both and play young and win. Lloyd is handy though. Just hasn't had a huge impact this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Daniels is managed this week and plays against the Pies or plays this week and managed the week after
I hope he isnt 1 in 1 out this early in the season

Rowsten not in the emergencies so going to play 2's, probably good to get some more game time.

The other interesting thing is Angwin holding his spot and Lloyd not coming straight in

Rowsten not in the emergencies so going to play 2's, probably good to get some more game time.

The other interesting thing is Angwin holding his spot and Lloyd not coming straight in
I think Angwin has played the wing better than Lloyd does. Lloyd is back to needing to find a spot in the forward line to make it into a full strength side

I think Angwin has played the wing better than Lloyd does. Lloyd is back to needing to find a spot in the forward line to make it into a full strength side
I agree. I wasnt sure if the coaching staff would feel the same.

He is a reasonable choice for the Sub.

Glad Rowston gets a chance to go back down to the 2s think his development will be better suited there than barely getting a touch in the 1s, Peatling stiff to be dropped but when we're as healthy as we are the moment then some guys are going to miss out, his pressure has been really good this year. Glad Angwin is getting a good run at it, think he deserves a few games to prove himself at this point we have to know what we're sitting on with him.

Outside of Taylor, could be argued that is a full strength side. Anyone who isn’t playing is at best 50/50 with anyone in the side.
Flynn has been playing well, but how does he stack up against a fully fit Preuss? I rate Preuss and thought he was our number 1 ruck before his injury. Note that the contract of both Flynn and Preuss expire this year.

Speaking of the obvious, ourplayer that Bulldogs are most concerned about is….Toby Greene!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back