Autopsy 2023 Round 8 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday, May 6, 7.25PM AEST, Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

It's going to be a chilly night in Canberra, with a chance of rain. So, dog weather, I'm afraid. Also, the rumours in relation to Toby Green being out with soreness; if true, he'll be a late out (I'm sure they'll give him as much time as possible). I'd expect Peatling to be his replacement, so perhaps Lloyd then as the sub. Everything's working against us in this one - Manuka is no longer fortness Canberra, we have a poor record in milestone games & this marks 50 for Conor Idun. So, can we swim against the tide and trounce the resurgent Bulldogs? If so, we need 4 quarters of footy from all 22 in the game. The mids in particular need to get on top of the much-heralded Dogs midfield, and the Sam Taylor-less defence will need to #Stand tall against the Doggies' tall forward line.

I hope to see some of our Sydney fans in the audience - just be warned to rug up or be very cold!

GWS v WB.png

Toby out would not be ideal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Canadian Yes GIF by CBC

Market has us $2.57 underdogs (Bulldogs are $1.49) for the game. The club hasn’t said anything about Toby, so hopefully he will play

Market has us $2.57 underdogs (Bulldogs are $1.49) for the game. The club hasn’t said anything about Toby, so hopefully he will play

I don’t think they will say anything to be honest. They will have him as a last minute out. Bulldogs would have put a plan in place around him playing so if he is out last minute, it will mess up their structure a bit

They will keep them guessing IMO

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think if Toby was in doubt they would have had another travelling emergency as Lloyd and Peatling are likely in Canberra with the team with 1 to be the sub and if Toby was out it could have caused an injury if another was out late in the warm up as the team wouldnt have had a sub unless Rowston was pulled at half time and drove straight to the airport or a helicopter to Canberra so unlikely (not sure on plane departures and if that was an option)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back