Trades 2023 Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Much the same position.
I think Doc can av. 100 from here. Think that's who I've settled on for low $500k.

started with Doc - blues now back to full strength but 1 game sample size against witches hats and half the team tonned up. BE is high enough to have another look. ideally I want to see Brayshaw again to see if he really is over his niggles.

leaning to Young - Freo tried to change this up last week and Young was a big part of that.
also saves me a bit of cash which will help me reach Neale next week.

-Cowan to Cincotta :padlock:
-Grundy to Gawn :padlock:

Team selections will determine whether or not I use my 3rd trade

Third trade would be one of these:
-Greene to Simpson
or
-Greene/Davey to Angwin
or
-Greene/Davey/Ratugolea to Madden

Is that after trading this week?

In any case, given that you have both Laird and Dawson, there's no real need to sell the farm for Oliver.
So, go the value path in your trading IMO.
Yes that's after this weeks trades. Hollands/Wilmot to rookie (lol)/ $550k mid next week.

Plan then would be Gawn/DC for F6, one more cheap mid and turn Hopper/Ashcroft into SP's.

If I can get some cash from somewhere that is.

Marshall.

Honestly I have so many options, I just can’t decide.

I have 65k in the kitty but I seem to prefer all the trades that involve holding Grundy because I can afford Sinclair and Hayden Young for example (who I have a feeling may continue last weeks form). Whereas Grundy to English makes no sense at 670k, Witts is dropping anyway, plus has a tough match up, Darcy should play but how could you have any faith in trading him in now. Then I get tempted by the Teakle trades, but since I need Cincotta I can still only get one premo in and I’m left with 300k in the bank
I don't hate the idea of Teakle, especially with the lack of cash gen over the next month. Should make $150k pretty quickly. Get him and Cincotta then upgrade next week?

Gawn probably the safe play.

The way I see it, Oliver is a must have and will have to get him sooner or later. May as well do it while he is slightly cheaper and we have Setters as the perfect stepping stone.

Could be frugal and aim to get him down the track, but SC is meant to be fun and it's no fun not having Piggy 🐽

Plus I downgraded two other dead rookies in the process so should help with cash gen too.
While Oliver is a must have, it's not more important than getting rooks off field. If you can get him in without interrupting getting rooks off all good. If it's going to set you back a week or two (esp with potential difficulty acquiring rookie downgrades), it's arguably less important to do immediately. His easy run isn't over, but he's half way through it, and has only avg 117 since it started in R4. He could go nuclear and be back at 700k plus, but all it takes is one avg score and he'll be at a similar price to what he is now.

I'm weighing up keeping Setters and my 2 remaining boosts and just letting it play out. I was an idiot and didn't start with Taranto, so swallowed my pride and will bring him in 100k over his starting price this week. Thought he would be the typical high floor, low ceiling player who's disposal would keep him down, but he's proved me wrong. So it's Liam Jones and Fergus Greene out for Taranto and Cincotta. Leaves 417k in the bank. Could go Setters straight to Clarry, but with downgrade options looking sparse, I want to focus on getting rooks off. With no other rook looking like a good trade out option due to either having some more cash to make or being dead/too lowly priced to upgrade, I might just hope Setters can bounce back and not tank too much cash and make my moves next week.

If Steele's contested numbers and tackling look the same as last week, then he's a must buy IMO. 15 contested and 10 tackles are the numbers that has separated his recent scoring with his previous super premo scoring, but I want more data. There's nothing about Noah Anderson's numbers that look much different from last years. DE is up a bit, turnovers are down, clearances are up a bit. No huge jump in contested numbers or tackling. Obviously Touk is out, so maybe the numbers spike, but that's not a good enough reason for me to bring him in.

If I disregard English’s price I can do this and it makes me question why I’d get gawn
View attachment 1677163

If trades were sex then you got lucky

naked orgasm GIF

While Oliver is a must have, it's not more important than getting rooks off field. If you can get him in without interrupting getting rooks off all good. If it's going to set you back a week or two (esp with potential difficulty acquiring rookie downgrades), it's arguably less important to do immediately. His easy run isn't over, but he's half way through it, and has only avg 117 since it started in R4. He could go nuclear and be back at 700k plus, but all it takes is one avg score and he'll be at a similar price to what he is now.

I'm weighing up keeping Setters and my 2 remaining boosts and just letting it play out. I was an idiot and didn't start with Taranto, so swallowed my pride and will bring him in 100k over his starting price this week. Thought he would be the typical high floor, low ceiling player who's disposal would keep him down, but he's proved me wrong. So it's Liam Jones and Fergus Greene out for Taranto and Cincotta. Leaves 417k in the bank. Could go Setters straight to Clarry, but with downgrade options looking sparse, I want to focus on getting rooks off. With no other rook looking like a good trade out option due to either having some more cash to make or being dead/too lowly priced to upgrade, I might just hope Setters can bounce back and not tank too much cash and make my moves next week.

If Steele's contested numbers and tackling look the same as last week, then he's a must buy IMO. 15 contested and 10 tackles are the numbers that has separated his recent scoring with his previous super premo scoring, but I want more data. There's nothing about Noah Anderson's numbers that look much different from last years. DE is up a bit, turnovers are down, clearances are up a bit. No huge jump in contested numbers or tackling. Obviously Touk is out, so maybe the numbers spike, but that's not a good enough reason for me to bring him in.
That's all fair enough.

There are a lot of mid's in the $500k's that are valid options. If Steele goes well this week I may bring him in, although playing North might not tell us much. Or one of the Sydney guys, all pretty cheap and that bye suits me.

If I disregard English’s price I can do this and it makes me question why I’d get gawn
View attachment 1677163
Depends on what you plan on doing next week with the $116k left over from your other suggested trades. This is sexier but English is coming down in price and I prefer Sic/Sinclair to Ryan as I’ve been burnt too many times by Ryan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I will zig to Luke Ryan and take a guy averaging 120ish for 570k instead of Stewart at 610?

Cmon Keays.

Can’t see Ryan being tagged. Stewart likely to still perform well but 610k well?

My template for the next month until the inevitable carnage:

R9: Cowan + Wilmot > Walsh + Drury
R10: Davey + Hollands > Ziebell + rookie
R11: Ashcroft + JVR > Trac + rookie
New DPP players available > swing Trac and Walsh fwd
AFTER R12 bye: Chandler + Mitchell > Neale / Cincotta + Simpson/Johnson > Ryan
AFTER R13 bye: Drury + rookie + rookie > Touk
TEAM COMPLETE

Good luck. Completely different player to Daics. Stewart at GMHBA is a completely different beast also

115 average there since 2020
Yeah won’t stop kick outs can’t see him limiting too many intercepts.

My template for the next month until the inevitable carnage:

R9: Cowan + Wilmot > Walsh + Drury
R10: Davey + Hollands > Ziebell + rookie
R11: Ashcroft + JVR > Trac + rookie
New DPP players available > swing Trac and Walsh fwd
AFTER R12 bye: Neale & Ryan
AFTER R13 bye: Chandler + Mitchell > Touk
TEAM COMPLETE
De Niro Look.gif

L Jones > Cincotta
F Greene > Williams

Williams risky at his price but in a friendly role, he plays a month at 70-75 average and he can make very good coin still. Much better than saving 30k and getting Simpson imo

Gives me 296k and I can boost and I do not have Dawson. Is he worth paying $666k for? I can trade Hopper, Worpel or Chayce Jones to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back