Trades 2023 Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep reading Youngs name getting thrown around.

Surely nobody else is going to get sucked into that ponytailed flog.

2 tons all year. Was averaging 85 before last week and even now only 91 for the year. Small chode for real. Why get him when you can get someone with actual upside?

Ryan is the one who chip Scabs and seagulls in Cockburn's backline. Sprints to take kick ins. Young is just a peen.

L Jones > Cincotta
F Greene > Williams

Williams risky at his price but in a friendly role, he plays a month at 70-75 average and he can make very good coin still. Much better than saving 30k and getting Simpson imo

Gives me 296k and I can boost and I do not have Dawson. Is he worth paying $666k for? I can trade Hopper, Worpel or Chayce Jones to him.

I think so. Dawson can score as quickly as anyone, and has varied scoring capabilities (versatile mid, half back, 7th defender, can kick goals too). Should be neck and neck with Daicos for number 1 defender this year.

Personally think Jones is the one to trade out - 2 inside mids v a wing. Wing is the tougher scoring zone.

Last edited:

1 week only
So his JS isn't good?

200w.gif

Salad toss?

Looking at byes has me all confused for this weeks trades.

Original plan of Steele and Mills isnt looking good for Round 12. A round where you'd think to have a strong 18, my team will struggle big time, let alone Round 15.

For this reason, Mills might have to wait. Steele too.

Sicily comes in with the amazing Round 14 bye. Covers rounds 12 and 15 where I am really depleted. I am < 2k short to bring him in with Steele or Mills this week for Setterfield.

2 trades this week. Ginbey and Greene to Sicily and Cincotta leaving 100k in the bank.

Next week is a one up one down of Setterfield to one of Steele or Mills. This also saves my last boost.

Steele and Mills looks like such a good trade in this week, but then I looked at my byes afterwards and realised how screwed I was.

100k in the bank also secures a Madden > Teakle last minute late out if required this week.

Don’t know, but don’t rely on Rohan being out for too long
You can't trust Geelong at all. Rohan could be out for 1 week or 6 weeks. No mention of Rohan in their injury report.

Sam De Koning had surgery today lol. No mention of this in their injury report too.

Bowes: "Obviously, Jack Bowes was subbed out in the first quarter against Essendon on the weekend with a calf strain, and we expect it to be short term"

Cam Guthrie: "Cam Guthrie has a toe joint injury at the moment and we're conservative with our approach and we expect it to be short term We're thinking how best to look after Cam through this and just assess it as each day goes"

Stengle: "Both Tyson Stengle and Rhys Stanley had fractures, Tyson had a fracture to his arm and Rhys had a fracture cheekbone. Both have commenced cross training which is great and they're in good spirits so hopefully the weeks tick away for those guys pretty quickly and they'll be back before we know it"

What the heck does that mean? Seriously. Why can't they be normal and give us an injury list like most of the other clubs?

Anyway I'm grabbing Simpson. Reckon he's good for a few more weeks. With that run of matches, no reason why he can't keep kicking goals and scores well.

You can't trust Geelong at all. Rohan could be out for 1 week or 6 weeks. No mention of Rohan in their injury report.

Sam De Koning had surgery today lol. No mention of this in their injury report too.

Bowes: "Obviously, Jack Bowes was subbed out in the first quarter against Essendon on the weekend with a calf strain, and we expect it to be short term"

Cam Guthrie: "Cam Guthrie has a toe joint injury at the moment and we're conservative with our approach and we expect it to be short term We're thinking how best to look after Cam through this and just assess it as each day goes"

Stengle: "Both Tyson Stengle and Rhys Stanley had fractures, Tyson had a fracture to his arm and Rhys had a fracture cheekbone. Both have commenced cross training which is great and they're in good spirits so hopefully the weeks tick away for those guys pretty quickly and they'll be back before we know it"

What the * does that mean? Seriously. Why can't they be normal and give us an injury list like most of the other clubs?

Anyway I'm grabbing Simpson. Reckon he's good for a few more weeks. With that run of matches, no reason why he can't keep kicking goals and scores well.

They act as if every injured player needs to be held back from a cliff side, let’s give them hope they will only miss 2 weeks, we need to look after them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the * does that mean? Seriously. Why can't they be normal and give us an injury list like most of the other clubs?

Yeah we suck at inj reports .

Back when the pill Otto was playing was two weeks all year and was back for finals ..

I've gone Rat > Cincotta and Setterspud > Sinclair. Eyeing up Steele next week then it gets a bit tough after that unless my rookies start pulling their weight. Hopefully Cameron is back around then for a cheap and easy upgrade.

DC prob back after he's bye .
Listed 3 to 5 weeks.

Crazy to trade Cowan > Simpson when I have Roberts still sitting in my forward line? Gives me the cash to likely go Wilmot > Steele in one shot next week, whilst the talk of Drury on the horizon presents a solution to trade Roberts out in future for at least some profit.

Need teamsheets.

Crazy to trade Cowan > Simpson when I have Roberts still sitting in my forward line? Gives me the cash to likely go Wilmot > Steele in one shot next week, whilst the talk of Drury on the horizon presents a solution to trade Roberts out in future for at least some profit.

Need teamsheets.
There will a lot of us going early on Drury I fear. I don't need him this week, but it will very tempting next week.

Hope he's up to it!

Can you afford Pittonet/Oliver instead?-
Yeah I’ve looked at Pitt. I need to bring in keepers though as will run out of trades. Should be able to get Oliver next week. Also feel I need to get Ginbey or Jones off field so prob a defender upgrade is the priority.
Big gamble but betting on Gawn getting DPP and Powell covering byes to help make a move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back