Trades 2023 Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely NFI what to do this week.

View attachment 1678155

So many red dots has me disorientated.

I know Chesser will return. Johnson is a chance. Roberts is dead and Sturt is pretty much too.

Do I persist with downgrade plans, or mitigate the rookie disaster? Trading out Ginbey or Wilmot when I have 5 red dots doesn't seem right.
Roberts to Cincotta via Taranto (Ginbey to bench) and JZ/Sheezel looks like the first play. Then decide whether you want Cin or Wilmot onfield in DEF (probably Wilmot).

Then Setterfield to best MID you can afford.

Could also trade Greene to Angwin/Simpson to give you more cash to play with this week or next

We aren’t exactly blessed with amazing forwards. JHF is my ticket to Gawn/DC/Trac/Walsh in the future
don’t see DC being top 6 also do you really see JHF scoring enough to get you a Trac Walsh in the future? You’ve used a lot of trades for someone who has no top scoring forward talent I feel you should have something like this at least I can upgrad most of my team and still have 20 trades left 4320E28A-D80B-4329-96A3-79FACE406236.jpeg

View attachment 1678155

I know Chesser will return. Johnson is a chance. Roberts is dead and Sturt is pretty much too.

Do I persist with downgrade plans, or mitigate the rookie disaster? Trading out Ginbey or Wilmot when I have 5 red dots doesn't seem right.

Roberts > Cincotta
Setterfield > whoever

View attachment 1678155

Johnson will be back soon enough.

Chesser might not be dead, but there's nothing to date that suggests he's going to earn his owners worthwhile profits.

Meanwhile, Setterfield has a BE of 117. If I were you, I'd be trading him out for your chosen premo this week and refreshing Chesser with Drury.

I know it means you lose the mid-def DPP link for this round, but Atkins could demand buying this week which'd be a good new mid-def cash cow.

Otherwise, one of Ginbey or Pickett could go next week for a def premo next week, and you could swing Wilmot to the mid bench.

Good luck!

EDIT: Just realised from the post above you don't have Cincotta. Forget Drury - get Cincotta, keep the mid-def link!

my first trade is done, Ratugalea > Cincotta leaving $227,100 in the bank.
no idea what my other moves should be.
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1678180

Cincotta to DEF and Ginbey to Brayshaw/Hewett. Not sure how that works with your bye structure though.

Nice team.

Bowes>L.Ryan
Greene>Angwin

Not overly confident on Angwin but prefer the cheaper option over Simpson who’s also questionable on JS.

Backline premos looking solid on paper.
Dawson Naicos Stewart LRyan Sinclair. Time to build on the forwards.

Generally I find less is more if you are confused. I did it a few weeks ago and it saved me trading in Roberts.

Roberts to Cincotta is pretty obvious to me. It's probably what I'd do.

Could also double down and do Anguin for Ginbey. But not really needed with 180k already.

Roberts to Cincotta via Taranto (Ginbey to bench) and JZ/Sheezel looks like the first play. Then decide whether you want Cin or Wilmot onfield in DEF (probably Wilmot).

Then Setterfield to best MID you can afford.

Could also trade Greene to Angwin/Simpson to give you more cash to play with this week or next

Roberts > Cincotta
Setterfield > whoever

Johnson will be back soon enough.

Chesser might not be dead, but there's nothing to date that suggests he's going to earn his owners worthwhile profits.

Meanwhile, Setterfield has a BE of 117. If I were you, I'd be trading him out for your chosen premo this week and refreshing Chesser with Drury.

I know it means you lose the mid-def DPP link for this round, but Atkins could demand buying this week which'd be a good new mid-def cash cow.

Otherwise, one of Ginbey or Pickett could go next week for a def premo next week, and you could swing Wilmot to the mid bench.

Good luck!

EDIT: Just realised from the post above you don't have Cincotta. Forget Drury - get Cincotta, keep the mid-def link!
Screenshot_20230504_220050_Chrome.jpg

Step one. Good start.

DPP loops let's me chuck the E on Wilmot and Cincotta. Also get to loop Greene or JVR, although that is hardly exciting.

Screenshot_20230504_220516_Chrome.jpg

Step two. What to do with almost a quarter of a mill?

My upgrade targets this week have been Sicily, Steele, Mills, Warner and Hewett. Then it is a matter of who I trade out.

Could go with what chiefton is saying and hold the cash and boost, and reassess next week. Steele and Mills will be ripe for picking.

Fish brings up a good point that Setterfield is a liability. He made us almost 100k, but those early good scores blinded the fact he was a stepping stone.

If I use it all as BLU is stating, then I can get anyone bar Dawson and Bont (who are the only ones I really want lol).

Not sure I want to trade out Chesser, would rather trade out Sturt. If the coach keeps mentioning how far away Chesser is from injury, then I am pretty sure he plans to use him. Sturt blew his chance now Fyfe is back. Another injury to Fyfe and some great numbers in the 2's and he might come back.

I’ve decided on

Out: Setterfield, Cowan, Greene
In: Sinclair, Cincotta, Simpson

$100k banked so I can afford one up one down next week. Gives me another week to look at Steele/Brayshaw/Mills. Will grab one next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1678176

Step one. Good start.

DPP loops let's me chuck the E on Wilmot and Cincotta. Also get to loop Greene or JVR, although that is hardly exciting.

View attachment 1678183

My upgrade targets this week have been Sicily, Steele, Mills, Warner and Hewett. Then it is a matter of who I trade out.

Could go with what chiefton is saying and hold the cash and boost, and reassess next week. Steele and Mills will be ripe for picking.

Fish brings up a good point that Setterfield is a liability. He made us almost 100k, but those early good scores blinded the fact he was a stepping stone.

If I use it all as BLU is stating, then I can get anyone bar Dawson and Bont (who are the only ones I really want lol).

Not sure I want to trade out Chesser, would rather trade out Sturt. If the coach keeps mentioning how far away Chesser is from injury, then I am pretty sure he plans to use him. Sturt blew his chance now Fyfe is back. Another injury to Fyfe and some great numbers in the 2's and he might come back.
I think both Chesser and Sturt will have to go from your team in the next 2-3 weeks anyway.

Why don't you just figure out which premo you want to get with Setters and work back from there.

View attachment 1678176

Step one. Good start.

View attachment 1678183

The options i considered for Setterfield this week were Mills, Steele, Brayshaw, Sicily and Sinclair.

Sicily has the lowest BE so i went with him.

View attachment 1678176

Step one. Good start.

View attachment 1678183

I'd rather play Shitterfield than a rookie. Ginbey to Hewett/Brayshaw is something I'd consider with your team.

I think both Chesser and Sturt will have to go from your team in the next 2-3 weeks anyway.

Why don't you just figure out which premo you want to get with Setters and work back from there.
The options i considered for Setterfield this week were Mills, Steele, Brayshaw, Sicily and Sinclair.

Sicily has the lowest BE so i went with him.
This is what I came up with straight after the Roberts to Cincotta trade.

Screenshot_20230504_221800_Chrome.jpg

I don't think the incoming rookie situation is as bad as people are making it out to be. A few green dots named < 124k. There will be options.

Next week one up one down of Wilmot/Greene/Ginbey will get me Steele or Mills. Although trading in a Round 12 bye player in Round 9 doesn't seem bright, I will reassess on Sunday night.

I'd rather play Shitterfield than a rookie. Ginbey to Hewett/Brayshaw is something I'd consider with your team.
Me too chief. Hewett worries me with a Round 15 bye. Warner/Mills with the Round 12 bye. Only Sicily fits that mould.

Ginbey/Greene/Wilmot out leaves me with about 510k to play with. Which means Warner/Parker or Hewett.

At least Hewett becomes handy for mitigating Rounds 12-14. But being a swans supporter, I might have the rose tinted lenses on for Chad.

Screenshot_20230504_223005_Chrome.jpg

Sicily is my ideal trade in this week. But I like your thinking best. It seems to be the advice I would give. No trades are good trades and green dots are sexy.

Me too chief. Hewett worries me with a Round 15 bye. Warner/Mills with the Round 12 bye. Only Sicily fits that mould.

Ginbey/Greene/Wilmot out leaves me with about 510k to play with. Which means Warner/Parker or Hewett.

At least Hewett becomes handy for mitigating Rounds 12-14. But being a swans supporter, I might have the rose tinted lenses on for Chad.

View attachment 1678203

Sicily is my ideal trade in this week. But I like your thinking best. It seems to be the advice I would give. No trades are good trades and green dots are sexy.
I'm really against Hewett to be honest. Has played awful since coming back from the hand injury, there were calls for him to be dropped last week. Kennedy went out instead, but I reckon they will change between those two based on form.

I'm really against Hewett to be honest. Has played awful since coming back from the hand injury, there were calls for him to be dropped last week. Kennedy went out instead, but I reckon they will change between those two based on form.

He looked pretty good to me last week. Lots of CBA's aswell. Although I didn't watch the full game tbh.

View attachment 1678203

Chad is just a bit up and down for me. Capable of 150 then 60. His disposal at times isn't great atm.

He looked pretty good to me last week. Lots of CBA's aswell. Although I didn't watch the full game tbh.
Warner for the same price is tempting.

Screenshot_20230504_224014_AFL.jpg

These stats are lovely to see, if only he could fix the below.

Screenshot_20230504_224101_AFL.jpg

Edit. Just saw your response. The up and down will surely flatten out eventually once the Swans pick up some form. Warner is our best player I feel. We want the ball in his hands.

View attachment 1678155

Not all that bad, can you do Ginbey & Stocker for Sicily & Cincotta

DPP magic, then you are fine to field Cincotta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back