News 2023 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking to my Richmond mate today. He grew up in bayside and had family that followed the Saints. We were saying that the Saints might not have been good at winning but they were never boring. The last 10 years are probably the only beige era in my time.

This guy still rates the Richo era at Richmond as his favourite despite not winning much. We came to the conclusion that that was a very Saints like era for them. Huge larger than life characters and a uniqueness that doesn’t exist anymore.

Following the Hawks or one of the big clubs is like watching a soap opera, our history is more horror movie but at least it wasn’t boring.
Okay, let's play a game...if St.Kilda were a movie, what would it be?
I'll go first...The Big Lebowski.
All heart, s*it gets weird, got some loose mates, is a bit of a loveable loser having to go up against the big dogs, steals a rug that is pissed on by nihilists...wins the hearts of everyone in the end...and chats to a cowboy before his dead mates ashes get blown into his face, whilst unknowingly being a sperm donor to the big dogs step-daughter and drinking white Russians.
Metaphorically it's pure St.Kilda all the way.

Okay, let's play a game...if St.Kilda were a movie, what would it be?
I'll go first...The Big Lebowski.
All heart, s*it gets weird, got some loose mates, is a bit of a loveable loser having to go up against the big dogs, steals a rug that is pissed on by nihilists...wins the hearts of everyone in the end...and chats to a cowboy before his dead mates ashes get blown into his face, whilst unknowingly being a sperm donor to the big dogs step-daughter and drinking white Russians.
Metaphorically it's pure St.Kilda all the way.

Parts of it are like Exodus- stumbling through the desert hoping for a miracle. Some parts are Scream, seeing the nightmare unfolding and wanting to shout at the screen telling them all of their stupid moves are destined to kill them. Parts are like the last 10 years have been like Mulholland Drive, you know there is a script and some kind of direction going on underneath but have no idea what any of it is.

Big Lebowski is probably pretty apt though. You run off in all kind of directions, Nihilists, drinking, urinating on things, cowboys without relevance, crazy characters and an underlying idea of directionlessness not looking that bad a lifestyle choice compared to being rich.

Our fans are some of the most successful of all supporters.

Our players have won the second most brownlow medals of any club.

The club needs to get into line and follow our success.
It's been a long time before the past administration where it was stable. People say that you need stable administration, God on field and off field. Smooth transitions between one coach and the next coach. The last few years with Ratts and Bassett and now Ross Lyon has ensured stable administration ( even the sacking of Ratts went quickly) .

So I think the club is in line to follow some type of success. Hope injuries get better in the 2nd half of year. If the injuries were hamstrings you'd be questioning the medical system. But they mostly were impact injuries.

We may not make the 8 this year, the kids will slow down and need breaks. If we are lucky, we could beat Gold Coast. Probably lose the next 2 after that.
Pity about this week's injuries.

Parts of it are like Exodus- stumbling through the desert hoping for a miracle. Some parts are Scream, seeing the nightmare unfolding and wanting to shout at the screen telling them all of their stupid moves are destined to kill them. Parts are like the last 10 years have been like Mulholland Drive, you know there is a script and some kind of direction going on underneath but have no idea what any of it is.

Big Lebowski is probably pretty apt though. You run off in all kind of directions, Nihilists, drinking, urinating on things, cowboys without relevance, crazy characters and an underlying idea of directionlessness not looking that bad a lifestyle choice compared to being rich.

Spaceman , can you do Dumb and Dumber with Richo and Ratten?

Or Lenny with Ross Lyon ( 2011 version ) , Gone with the Wind. "Frankly My Dear , I don't give a damn "

Spaceman , can you do Dumb and Dumber with Richo and Ratten?

Or Lenny with Ross Lyon ( 2011 version ) , Gone with the Wind. "Frankly My Dear , I don't give a damn "

rrydBHg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm usually one to defend Gerard but what a condescending ass clown he is here. 45 minutes in.

I don't care though, suits us a lot better to keep flying under the radar.

Few weeks ago it felt like 99% of the football “media” tipped us to be bottom 4, except Tim Watson.

Going into round 4, we’re top of the ladder. Doesn’t mean much with 20 rounds to go, BUT, the one constant which continues to be proved time and time again is that football media know very little and their predictions are nearly always wrong / sensationalist / capitalist & clicks driven yada yada.

Most “journalist / presenters” are condescending depending on what side of the fence u sit on teams wise, in effect that’s their trade unless there is any real news floating around.

Few weeks ago it felt like 99% of the football “media” tipped us to be bottom 4, except Tim Watson.

Going into round 4, we’re top of the ladder. Doesn’t mean much with 20 rounds to go, BUT, the one constant which continues to be proved time and time again is that football media know very little and their predictions are nearly always wrong / sensationalist / capitalist & clicks driven yada yada.

Most “journalist / presenters” are condescending depending on what side of the fence u sit on teams wise, in effect that’s their trade unless there is any real news floating around.
Lyon on OTC just did the same thing

'Oh its only round 3'
'They are playing the same as last year'
'The injuries are overblown'
'They were 8-3 last year'

These Kent's just hate it when we go well.

Playing like last year, FMD he doesn't even read their own stats, 17th in long kicks into the 50, and 18 with corridor play, 1st to play on. Nothing like the shambles of last year.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

'Oh its only round 3'

Playing like last year, FMD he doesn't even read their own stats, 17th in long kicks into the 50, and 18 with corridor play, 1st to play on. Nothing like the shambles of last year.

We're definitely playing differently, but I think it's pretty fair for the media to go slow on buying stocks on us. We haven't proven we can back it up with this team yet. We were having similar conversations this time last year about how we were sticking it up the media. Not to say it won't work out better this year, but I wouldn't be chips in either just if I were a neutral figure in the media.

'Oh its only round 3'

True. Was irritating. Especially “ the injuries are overblown.”
He wouldn’t know who half our list are.
But Bucks was more positive.

We're definitely playing differently, but I think it's pretty fair for the media to go slow on buying stocks on us. We haven't proven we can back it up with this team yet. We were having similar conversations this time last year about how we were sticking it up the media. Not to say it won't work out better this year, but I wouldn't be chips in either just if I were a neutral figure in the media.
I would if we did not have as many injuries as we do.

By the way I heard on radio that Mason would was test to play on Saturday

The injuries are probably a little bit overblown. Of all the guys missing with long term injuries I’d say only King, Membrey, Steele, McKenzie and Webster are locks in the best 22. Jones would be if he’s fit but he never is, Billings no and out of Coffield’s five years on the list he’s only been a consistent best 22 player for one of those years. Hayes probably plays for ruck relief but the sample size is too small for him to be a lock.

Still though to be missing most of our goals from last year and still be 3-0 is a massive effort, just goes to show that the way it goes in there is more important than who’s up there.

'Oh its only round 3'

Yup, I just watched that and came here to talk about the same thing with Lyon "Playing the same footy", I don't know what is with footy 'analysts' these days, but it appears they put in the bare minimum.

17th in long kicks tell the story there, we turned the ball over endlessly last year on the long kick, Lyon has come in and put a stop to that.
The short kicks has opened up the running immensely to actually reach the pockets of space out the back. I'm getting flashbacks to kicking to every loose defender 10+ times a match last year? (was it Aliir in the Port match in Cairns? that I think was the worst of it) take some bloody notes fox footy.

"They were 8 and 3 last year though" - King dragged a few of those over the line and he is not even out there now, or the games were ones we should have won anyway.

No one I have seen so far has mentioned the likes of Owens being what I consider one of the top young players in the comp as a teenager. The boys club dont respect st kilda, never have never will.

Yup, I just watched that and came here to talk about the same thing with Lyon "Playing the same footy", I don't know what is with footy 'analysts' these days, but it appears they put in the bare minimum.

17th in long kicks tell the story there, we turned the ball over endlessly last year on the long kick, Lyon has come in and put a stop to that.
The short kicks has opened up the running immensely to actually reach the pockets of space out the back. I'm getting flashbacks to kicking to every loose defender 10+ times a match last year? (was it Aliir in the Port match in Cairns? that I think was the worst of it) take some bloody notes fox footy.

"They were 8 and 3 last year though" - King dragged a few of those over the line and he is not even out there now, or the games were ones we should have won anyway.

No one I have seen so far has mentioned the likes of Owens being what I consider one of the top young players in the comp as a teenager. The boys club dont respect st kilda, never have never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back