2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also not seeing the game, this thread is one I look forward too. A little confused re Curtin and thoughts on his best position. The highlights of his National Championship games and subsequent All Aus selection had him prodiminately playing as an intercepting half back flanker ( though he did look handy in a couple of plays up forward ) + a couple of plays out the middle.Based on todays game , is the general consensus , he's still a way off for a recall, particularly as a defender.

This is a problem. Nicks is sacrificing the kids career by being obsessed with him learning to play as a deep defender. Instead he could be playing Sanfl in the running positions and demonstrating his quality. If he tells us to F off at seasons end, I hate to say it, but we truly deserve it.

Or just hard to be consistent when you are still developing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What's the timeline for "developing". Drafted two years ago and still hasn't been given a senior game not even as a sub.

Home dining out on us as usual
Problem was Horne had so much space to lead into in nearly all his goals with the top up guys just not cutting it defensively I'm afraid. No Magden down there to direct a big loss, you really feel for the AFL listed guys down there who must get really frustrated. It was turnover Central all day.

We are hiding him for the MSD, take that to the bank
LOL

Scouts have seen him play numerous games over the last 4 years via the Murray Bushrangers in the NAB League, VFL, Wangaratta Rovers in the Ovens and Murray League and now the Crows SANFL.
You think the fact he hasn't played for a couple of weeks will make any difference to his ratings with other AFL clubs?

He's there for any of the clubs that pick before us and the fact he's one of at least 24 to have undergone a medical it'obvious he has interest from other clubs because we would already know his medical status.

LOL

Scouts have seen him play numerous games over the last 4 years via the Murray Bushrangers in the NAB League, VFL, Wangaratta Rovers in the Ovens and Murray League and now the Crows SANFL.
You think the fact he hasn't played for a couple of weeks will make any difference to his ratings with other AFL clubs?

He's there for any of the clubs that pick before us and the fact he's one of at least 24 to have undergone a medical it'obvious he has interest from other clubs because we would already know his medical status.
I’m not sure why you pretend to be the expert in these matters when it’s very clearly opinion based and not based on anything from actual sources in the industry.

But yeah sure, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence he isn’t playing sanfl a week out from the MSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure why you pretend to be the expert in these matters when it’s very clearly opinion based and not based on anything from actual sources in the industry.

But yeah sure, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence he isn’t playing sanfl a week out from the MSD.
Toby Murray had Covid in the May 13 SANFL injury update...maybe, just maybe that could be the reason hey.....I don't need any sauces, tomato, barbecue or soy sauce.

Why didn't Murray play?

Are we hiding him for the MSD?
Home dining out on us as usual
Hone? It’s his first really good game all year. Unfortunately he took his GF form…0.5, into this season. Good to see him back at his best with solid leading and contested marking and kicking long goals.

I remember Ash Johnson sitting out in the lead up to the MSD.

Obviously had a club committed to taking him and didn't want to cop an injury before the draft

Very understandable and sensible

Can any of the players we're interested in nominate wages or terms where we'd be more likely to grab them?

Can any of the players we're interested in nominate wages or terms where we'd be more likely to grab them?
They can definitely nominate 6 or 18-month contracts. I'm not sure if they can nominate a minimum wage - that privilege is normally reserved for players who were previously on an AFL list.

They can re contract length but most will have managers especially those the most spoken about hence a lot of the ones spoken most about have stipulated 18 months not 6 months. i.e. Geordie Payne, Toby Murray, Oskar Smartt, Max Hall, Will McLachlan, Jasper Scaife Jack Hutchison, Remy McLean, Milan Murdoch have all stipulated 18 months. Surprisingly SA medium running back Luke Beecken who clubs including the Crows have been linked to has only stipulated 6 months so he must be desperate to get on an AFL list I guess.

It is called the Mid Season Rookie Draft after all.

Last edited:
They can re contract length but most will have managers especially those the most spoken about hence a lot of the ones spoken most about have stipulated 18 months not 6 months. i.e. Geordie Payne, Toby Murray, Oskar Smartt, Max Hall, Will McLachlan, Jasper Scaife Jack Hutchison, Remy McLean, Milan Murdoch have all stipulated 18 months. Surprisingly SA medium running back Luke Beecken who clubs including the Crows have been linked to has only stipulated 6 months so he must be desperate to get on an AFL list I guess.

It is called the Mid Season Rookie Draft after all.
18 months for Toby Murray?
Has he really been that good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back