News 2024 AFL Fixture Discussion & Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants Game simulation against the Swans on Thursday, February 22 at Tramway Oval at 10am AEDT. Won't be able to make this one due to work..

Given I won't be able to make any of the Giants pre-season games was thinking about maybe looking to make the Swans v Lions game at Blacktown Thursday, February 29, 2024 at Blacktown International Sportspark 4:10pm as a neutral.

Though, there looks like there might be a cost for non-members so I'm not as keen for the Swans v Lions game if that's the case.

Last edited:
SMH article on the opening round - How the NRL’s Vegas gamble has given a huge free kick to the AFL

Overall, article for opening round seems positive for all northern clubs, with all games bar one quoted in the article potentially appearing as a sellout. Would be good to get 4 out of 4 sellouts. :)

Summary, focusing mainly on the Giants:
  • Giants expect the game to be a sellout
  • Giants tickets expected to sellout about a week before the game
  • Minimal NRL presence that weekend although Giants game follows an NRL game (Parramatta v Bulldogs) up the road, starting 20 minutes later
  • Giants expect to exceed their record home crowd outside a derby or final of 15,751 against West Coast, and could push their best home attendance at Giants Stadium of 21,924 against the Swans in 2017
  • AFL to see how opening round fared before considering a repeat for 2025
  • AFL will provide an official update on ticket sales next week
Sounding promising so far, fingers crossed. 🤞

Last edited:
SMH article on the opening round - How the NRL’s Vegas gamble has given a huge free kick to the AFL

Overall, article for opening round seems positive for all northern clubs, with all games bar one quoted in the article potentially appearing as a sellout. Would be good to get out of 4 sellouts. :)

Summary, focusing mainly on the Giants:
  • Giants expect the game to be a sellout
  • Giants tickets expected to sellout about a week before the game
  • Minimal NRL presence that weekend although Giants game follows an NRL game (Parramatta v Bulldogs) up the road, starting 20 minutes later
  • Giants expect to exceed their record home crowd outside a derby or final of 15,751 against West Coast, and could push their best home attendance at Giants Stadium of 21,924 against the Swans in 2017
  • AFL to see how opening round fared before considering a repeat for 2025
  • AFL will provide an official update on ticket sales next week
Sounding promising so far, fingers crossed. 🤞
Do members still get automatic entry to this Collingwood opening round? Originally had work commitments that weekend but now looks like I can attend.

Do members still get automatic entry to this Collingwood opening round? Originally had work commitments that weekend but now looks like I can attend.

Giants members with Giants stadium access entitlements will have access to this game per their membership entitlement.

Outside of that, sorry, I can't say I've seen any information from the club detailing free entry for non-Giants stadium access Giants members (if that's what you were referring to, apologies if not), could well be the case.

I'd suggest contacting the membership team to confirm. 🙂

I do know they're doing special members pricing as they're trying to get as many Giants members to the game (when I spoke to them late last year).

Goodluck, hope you make it to the game! 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back