News 2024 AFL Fixture Discussion & Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is odd because the owner of the SMH is the owner of the FTA broadcast partner of the NRL.

You’d think that the SMH would be more invested in the NRL than the AFL

Channel 9 treat the game better than 7, fox (news.ltd) and sen in Sydney, who all have a stake in the game financially or afl contacts run the business, it's weird.

Peter Costello is chair of 9 and he is a big Essendon fan.

Which is odd because the owner of the SMH is the owner of the FTA broadcast partner of the NRL.

SMH is 100% more invested in the NRL than the AFL.

They're just substantially more interested in reasonable coverage of the AFL than the other option, who is also invested in the NRL.

SMH is 100% more invested in the NRL than the AFL.

They're just substantially more interested in reasonable coverage of the AFL than the other option, who is also invested in the NRL.
Yes you would think with Fox Sports investment in AFL as a whole, that the Tele would provide better coverage.

But, we’ve come a long way since the days of half a page 16 pages in from the rear, near the obits

Yes you would think with Fox Sports investment in AFL as a whole, that the Tele would provide better coverage.

But, we’ve come a long way since the days of half a page 16 pages in from the rear, near the obits

I would say that the telegraph and news.com.au are actively hostile towards the game and mock it wherever possible. If we had a strong leader they should be on the phone to them about trampling on the sport they are a rights holder of.

I would say that the telegraph and news.com.au are actively hostile towards the game and mock it wherever possible. If we had a strong leader they should be on the phone to them about trampling on the sport they are a rights holder of.
Maybe AD MK II is the man ??!!

The Sydney morning Herald is the most AFL friendly paper in Sydney, their readers are a bit more switched on. You can tell by the comments section. You of course still get a few league trolls that seem to pop up everywhere sooking any time the AFL is mentioned in Sydney, but overall the readership isn't as dumb as dogshit like the telegraph.

Dillon is keen on western sydney unlike gill was, he tipped the giants for the gf too.
Why didn't Gil like GWS? Was it because it was created under the previous administration, or something else?
Was he hoping for some VFA club to join the AFL?
Or did we not create a role for Simon Lethlean?

Why didn't Gil like GWS? Was it because it was created under the previous administration, or something else?
Giants out Port in?

They know their target audience and a lot of them still enjoy mocking the AFL.

I think he was just indifferent. It wasn't his project, it wasn't his baby, so he was focused on stuff he could "own" and take credit for.

He got tired of investing in it I think. After covid his focused changed, got an apathy towards the project. I know the giants were happy Dillon was coming in.

True, until you realise News Ltd own the Terror and unbiased journalism has never been a thing.

The biggest gut punch is the radio coverage, SEN Sydney basically black band AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, until you realise News Ltd own the Terror and unbiased journalism has never been a thing.

The biggest gut punch is the radio coverage, SEN Sydney basically black band AFL
God, I used to be obsessed with SEN back in the good old days (KB, Harf Time etc) cringe Radio now.

Don’t even consider it an option

If Tassie, as a heartland, deserves a fulltime team then so does Western Sydney. Probably more so. Fulltime and ownership will build our club more.

Come at me my Capital brothers!!!! ;)
tank GIF
tank GIF
tank GIF

tank GIF
tank GIF
tank GIF

tank GIF
tank GIF
tank GIF

Easy fix, have our Away Sydney Derby in that time and if they still aren’t happy with the gap a low drawing game in Blacktown
Accor is the best in-Sydney solution, and it's a pretty poor solution. Blacktown is not a serious AFL ground.

There's 8 games before the next home game at Giant Engie Stadium.

Anyway, oft-trod discussion; no easy answer to dealing with that length of gap IMHO.
Unusual suggestion but would the Giants contemplate playing a game or 2 at the SCG?

Just think you take away such momentum , and im not sure your local Greater Western Sydney resident is willing to fork out 3 hours for a trip out to Canberra.

Could you imagine a Brisbane Lions shifting 2 games to Cairns? Could you imagine the Swans shifting 2 games to say the Central Coast? I couldnt. Every home game is just as important to build that cauldron of fear to the opposition.

And yeah I dont mind even the suggestion of playing at Accor if it means being based locally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back