Podcast 2024 BigFooty Bombercast - Episode 6 - Who put the dogs out?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Dog GIF by The Academy Awards

I will put this here and mods can move to wherever 😎

Just so n the discussion about the Saints game it was good interesting to me to hear Scott talking yesterday and describing the Saints game as “match sim “ and the Geelong game as a genuine practice match.
The Saints game was horrible after about the 29 minute mark of the second quarter but just how seriously did we take it ? and how seriously did they take it ?
Then you have to ask should we have been more serious about it ?

Also Goldy v Bryan .
Nick was one of the guys told to get to AFL standard. Right now he has to earn the spot. That may well come although his efforts against Geelong around the ground were poor even taking into account his game time . My view is you play one ruck if you have a guy who performs on 80% ruck time .

I will put this here and mods can move to wherever 😎

Just so n the discussion about the Saints game it was good interesting to me to hear Scott talking yesterday and describing the Saints game as “match sim “ and the Geelong game as a genuine practice match.
The Saints game was horrible after about the 29 minute mark of the second quarter but just how seriously did we take it ? and how seriously did they take it ?
Then you have to ask should we have been more serious about it ?
Officially it was match simulation - Collingwood apparently reset the score so they were 7 points down in the dying stages of their match sim against North, which goes to show how important the score is.

If the coach got out of it what they set out to do then it’s fine, if there were particular patterns or tactics he was looking for, or players combinations he wanted to test.

Didn’t they bench Wright and someone else after about half too? Officially load management, but also a chance to see how the players adapt to a different structure.

If the coach isn’t happy we shouldn’t be either. Problem is he probably won’t be broadcasting his message to the players before the season even starts 😛 so we probably won’t know what he really thinks about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back