Coach 2024 Coaching Structure – McQualter replacing Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

It feels like he Bradbury'd that award!

Feels like all of our players stagnated or went backwards this year (Rivers being the exception)
When I think of development I think of improvement in younger players. Outside of Rivers and McVee, who else really developed? Chandler maybe...

You look at a team like Hawthorn or Giants where youth really announced themselves. Hard to agree we had the best development in the comp.

McQualter rumoured to be off to Gold Coast.

Seems quiet on the assistant front for us atm.

fuck my life fml GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, this appointment does nothing for me.
Why? He's highly rated as an assistant, and I'd argue he's just about the best candidate that's currently on the market.

No. So my opinion is pretty invalid without offering an alternative. I guess I just feel we need someone who is going to shake things up a little, not someone who is going to be a yes man to Goody.
It's hard to know how the coaching team works unless one of them starts a BF account and gives us the intel. We'll find out next year if we start playing any different what sort of impacts the change might be making.

If the Harmes comments are true , along the lines of Yze wanted to be more attacking but Goodwin pulled him back , I am surprised so little has been made of it . Also good luck getting a game in the seniors next year Harmes .

I'm pleased with the appointment, seemed highly rated to get down to the last two at Richmond and players said good things about him while he was in the caretaker role. The key, as always, will be whether Goodwin lets him actually coach

Sounds like someone we could/should approach perhaps?

“A number of our forwards have significantly improved under his guidance and he has been instrumental in building connection across the group with respect to our ball movement, which puts us in a strong position moving forward."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back