Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we actually have an injury update? What's up with Soligo?
No details have been given, reading between the lines I'd guess a moderate (grade 2) sprain.

Edit: which I should add would mean approx 4 to 6 weeks from date of original injury which I think was 31 Jan

Last edited:
No details have been given, reading between the lines I'd guess a moderate (grade 2) sprain.

Edit: which I should add would mean approx 4 to 6 weeks from date of original injury which I think was 31 Jan

Injury report put out by Burgo on the 5th suggests no structural damage and he's been training indoors on the bike. Will be running this week and will make an assessment on when he returns to main group

Injury report put out by Burgo on the 5th suggests no structural damage and he's been training indoors on the bike. Will be running this week and will make an assessment on when he returns to main group
" no structural damage" doesn't say much but That would be broadly consistent, no evidence he was running on Friday as he didn't appear outside . If he starts gentle running from Monday I'd guess couple more weeks from there to fully rejoin all training.

How does wearing goggles help protect something at the back of your eye? Its not like people were poking their finger through his eye and scratching the retina off the back were they?

Anyone explain this further?
You’d want to protect the area of injury/surgical wounds. If the front of the eye is disturbed, then the back will be rattled too.

I hope he wears some kind of eye protection when/if he resumes.

Seriously, the rest of his career is not worth compromising his eyesight.
I dont see the point of him running around in the sanfl all year in googles. They should pay him out of his deal as he isnt gonna be helping us in 2024. Who would have thought that he would turn his ending into a painful experience. The bloke is selfish af.

I dont see the point of him running around in the sanfl all year in googles. They should pay him out of his deal as he isnt gonna be helping us in 2024. Who would have thought that he would turn his ending into a painful experience. The bloke is selfish af.
Such a bad take in that last sentence. The guy’s bled more body parts for the club than just about any player in the history of the VFL/AFL, and you want to label him as being selfish?
In the least, he’d still be a useful SANFL leader or a sub for the AFL team IMO.

Not good at all. If not treated properly Meniscus tears can increase risk of future ACL tears. I can see the club being conservative and he misses a fair chunk of the season. Best case is it’s on the minor end and he’s back around rounds 4-6. Bloody hate it when seasons start like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, that’s so disappointing as from all accounts was going to be his breakout year. Rounds 7-12 much harder than 1-6 also if he only returns then.

Not sure he is as easy to replace as Fog or Walker who are similar. Structurally we need a bomb it long tall and secondary chop out ruck. H/berg isn’t up to it but now likely to come in? Or Burgess perhaps who also can provide rucking relief IIRC

Weird that Burgess GCS photo has him in his crows outfit??!

Last edited:
Pretty disappointing but could have been much worse. He should be back early in the season. If all goes well, hopefully around Round 3, Worst case, around round 8, but hopefully sooner.

Torn meniscus is usually 4-6 weeks based on previous players. Not the end of the world but clearly not ideal either.
Can be anything from 1 month to 6 month depending on extent of meniscal tear and how they decide to treat it. I'd suggest the tear is large enough for him to see a surgeon based on the statement. So a repair is prob 4 to 6 months, or they just remove the meniscus and its only 4 to 6 weeks but thats guaranteed to lead to problems later

Remove this Banner Ad

Back