• Yes - I'll be picking Daicos in R1 - If he scores 100 or more in R0

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No - I won't be picking Daicos in R1 - Irrespective of his R0 score

Votes: 35 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed Richards?
Have had Ed. Great player but often starts brilliantly, 40 first quarter and fades to sub 100. A year older and AA candidate maybe.

Reading Freo's board Jordan Clark is their main(only) mover out of the backline, with Ryan's kicks lacking penetration.

Ash in the same ilk. Quick, evasive and fairly efficient.

McGovern (WCE) with no Hurn. Ball will still be coming down there a bit.

For a few dollars more Blakey is the standout, and great to watch. But the same bye as Naicos, Grundy, Heeney.

Personally would love Blakey but probably wait till after his second bye. Have Heeney, Grundy with Gulden early after Bye1. 4 premos from the same team and Round 12 bye. Couldn't do it to myself.

Big Watch after his Bye

“I’m over the moon”: Powell to remain with Gold Coast until at least 2029​

Wil Powell has signed a four-year contract extension with the Gold Coast Suns.

The 24-year-old defender was contracted until the end of next year, but has now committed to the club until at least the end of 2029.

Powell was set for free agency at the end of 2025, however, has opted to forego that and remain as a Sun for the foreseeable future.

The Western Australian has been with the Suns since being drafted with Pick 19 in 2017 and is overjoyed to be staying for significantly longer.

Big Watch after his Bye

“I’m over the moon”: Powell to remain with Gold Coast until at least 2029​

Wil Powell has signed a four-year contract extension with the Gold Coast Suns.

The 24-year-old defender was contracted until the end of next year, but has now committed to the club until at least the end of 2029.

Powell was set for free agency at the end of 2025, however, has opted to forego that and remain as a Sun for the foreseeable future.

The Western Australian has been with the Suns since being drafted with Pick 19 in 2017 and is overjoyed to be staying for significantly longer.

Really would love Jayden Short in my team. I think he is great value at $550k and I reckon he'll be over $600k by the time Richmond's R6 bye rolls around. Tempted, but he'd be my 5th R0 premo at the expense of Stewart or Houston. The money saved there would also be handy for correction trades in these first few rounds... Could say F it and put him in place of Daicos to maintain 4 R0 premos and save even extra, but that's madness.

Last edited:
What’s the story with Houston? Have had him most of the preseason but now with the Hodor news thinking of moving him on for Jacko.

Looking at Houston’s scores, seems to go either very large or sub 80. Massive lack of consistency.

Cant even remember why I selected him initially now. Must have been a role change or something I read somewhere. Anyone got goss? Nelso?

Last edited:
What’s the story with Houston? Have had him most of the preseason but now with the Hodor news thinking of moving him on for Jacko.

Looking at Houston’s scores, seems to go either very large or sub 80. Massive lack of consistency.

Cant even remember why I selected him initially now. Must have been a role change or something I read somewhere. Anyone got goss? Nelso?
Don't think there's a role change, it's just about the early fixtures.

Im only picking him or Sheezel. If I knew Sheezel was 100% locked into the HBF role, he'd be in, but I dunno if they wanna transition him Daicos style into midfield over the course of the season, and how it would affect his scoring.

Houston has the great early fixtures at AO, which is the only reason Im looking to pick him, but his penchant for consistently throwing in absolute dud scores for a top line premium has me iffy about it, especially for an extra 40k.

Don't think there's a role change, it's just about the early fixtures.

Im only picking him or Sheezel. If I knew Sheezel was 100% locked into the HBF role, he'd be in, but I dunno if they wanna transition him Daicos style into midfield over the course of the season, and how it would affect his scoring.

Houston has the great early fixtures at AO, which is the only reason Im looking to pick him, but his penchant for consistently throwing in absolute dud scores for a top line premium has me iffy about it, especially for an extra 40k.
If there's no role change, I'm not sure I can go there. 9 scores below 100, 6 of them below 80 including 40's and 60's - ouch.

Well ...thankyou very much Jiska and Dundalis .....I've fallen off the wagon now, back on my medication ....and my psychiatrist is rubbing his hands.

Houston has been scratched ......in comes Whitfield

Yes it saves me $74K .....yes he's had a great run late 2023 ....Yes, he's just over $25K more than Nic Martin & will make money, already having one score in his future price increase

1710365706713.png

Oh well .....he's another stressful season coming up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well ...thankyou very much Jiska and Dundalis .....I've fallen off the wagon now, back on my medication ....and my psychiatrist is rubbing his hands.

Yes it saves me $74K .....yes he's had a great run late 2023 ....Yes, he's just over $25K more than Nic Martin & will make money, already having one score in his future price increase

View attachment 1927210

Do you have Hayden Young? Plays two extra games compared to Whitfield before his bye.

Well I know he's not the same price but Stewart has a great run of opponents for defender scoring early on. And again plays 2 more games than Whitfield before his bye.
I've got Stewart too .... I do not like the DEF Rookie options

1710367178642.png

View attachment 1927210

The Office Lol GIF

View attachment 1927210

Welcome aboard
Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV

If there's no role change, I'm not sure I can go there. 9 scores below 100, 6 of them below 80 including 40's and 60's - ouch.

Last year was the first year he's gone over a 100 SC
AVG 23 touches seems abit low .

I have him ATM ...but subject to change*.

Super happy with Powell & NWM in my team. I must say, the early bye for Powell hurts because ill also be missing Flanders and Sexton but i guess its similar to people that have Flanders, Sexton & Tom Green.

Im surprised NWM isnt more popular actually. Seems like he has had a decent pre season and they want the ball in his hands as often as possible. If N.Martin was a defender i think i'd still take NWM over him. As it stands, i have both.

Back to Powell, i honestly wouldnt be too surprised if he went close to a Tommy Stewart level.

That said, i hope no one shares my opinion as im happy with both of them as PODs

Super happy with Powell & NWM in my team. I must say, the early bye for Powell hurts because ill also be missing Flanders and Sexton but i guess its similar to people that have Flanders, Sexton & Tom Green.

Im surprised NWM isnt more popular actually. Seems like he has had a decent pre season and they want the ball in his hands as often as possible. If N.Martin was a defender i think i'd still take NWM over him. As it stands, i have both.

Back to Powell, i honestly wouldnt be too surprised if he went close to a Tommy Stewart level.

That said, i hope no one shares my opinion as im happy with both of them as PODs

The only downside I see to NWM is simple that has doesn't have different avenues to score like a Houston, Sicily, Stew, Ryan types

They generally good at spoils, intercept marks etc

Plus Sinclair coming back from a calf will definitely be eased in via the HBF (my guess).

The only downside I see to NWM is simple that has doesn't have different avenues to score like a Houston, Sicily, Stew, Ryan types

They generally good at spoils, intercept marks etc

Plus Sinclair coming back from a calf will definitely be eased in via the HBF (my guess).

Wang AVG the same about of touches as Houston last year ..
Houston can score points from yes spoils intercepts and kicks a snag every now and then.

I expect NWM to improve...

Back