• Yes - I'll be picking Daicos in R1 - If he scores 100 or more in R0

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No - I won't be picking Daicos in R1 - Irrespective of his R0 score

Votes: 35 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I nuts for leaving out Sheezel?

I'm not necessarily low on him as a SC player but I've got Stewart, Daicos, Young with 3 rookies down back which allows me to get another premo in the middle in either Serong or Green.

I'm not necessarily low on him as a SC player but I've got Stewart, Daicos, Young with 3 rookies down back which allows me to get another premo in the middle in either Serong or Green.

3 nice premo's there. No need to worry about leaving out Sheezel if you have those guys.

I'm just a bit scarred by last year where for some reason I sort of just left Daicos out in round 1 and immediately regretted it.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I'm just a bit scarred by last year where for some reason I sort of just left Daicos out in round 1 and immediately regretted it.

Can't have them all. North will get off to a slow start to the season playing 3 of last years Preliminary Finalists in the first 4 weeks.

Not many players go scoring 100+ in losing teams so I don't see Sheezel going up in value in a hurry.

you weren't the lone ranger with Naicos

I 've left Sheezgull out too - mainly because I don't think he can hurt me and should be able to grab him at a similar price during upgrade season

Think 3 premos with Williams and the four rooks is the way to go, there is just more than 3 solid premos to get in. Can't have them all!

Definitely not nuts. I’ve gone Stewart over Sheeze because:
  • I prefer Geelong’s start to Nths (tough!)
  • other north players to choose from to balance team
  • second year blues / tagging is a thing
  • Sheeze has R12 bye so a good upgrade target mid year
  • had the cash

… or maybe we’re both nuts 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else thinking about going another premo defender, or can Hore hold a spot in at d6 with his besty Howes at D5?

Well ...thankyou very much Jiska and Dundalis .....I've fallen off the wagon now, back on my medication ....and my psychiatrist is rubbing his hands.

Houston has been scratched ......in comes Whitfield

Yes it saves me $74K .....yes he's had a great run late 2023 ....Yes, he's just over $25K more than Nic Martin & will make money, already having one score in his future price increase

View attachment 1927210

Oh well .....he's another stressful season coming up
Haha wow Wayne, I just did my research into Whitfield too, and I think I'm jumping on-board.

Averaged 107.5 after his bye last year (11 games in a row).
Priced at 93.
Out of those 11 games, 3 were losses. Remove the 3 losses and he averaged 115.6 in those 8 wins.

fixture:
Norf (W)
Eagles (W)
bye
Suns (W)
Saints (W)
Blues
Lions
Swans
Bombers (W)
Dogs (W)
Cats (W)
bye

post bye: Hawks x2 (W), Crows (W), Tigers (W), Suns again (W), Dockers (W), Dogs again (W)

If he stays on the park, he could go 120.

If he stays on the park, he can be a keeper. His average will not be high enough to be a keeper, but there'll be a point in the season where the masses will trade him out. From that point on, he could easily do ~100 on the run home. As you'd expect, he's so rusty. He'll come good.

Am I crazy for consdering Blakey over Young? I'm weighing up whether to select the Lizard over him..

If I chose Young, I'd have to make an adjustment to one of my Midfield Premo's in order to free up some cash to afford Young.

What do you think?

Am I crazy for consdering Blakey over Young? I'm weighing up whether to select the Lizard over him..

If I chose Young, I'd have to make an adjustment to one of my Midfield Premo's in order to free up some cash to afford Young.

What do you think?
An option, however less tackles, will require high possessions to push 100. I think Young has way more upside.

I would probably consider NWM, Whitfield etc. ahead of Blakey too, but that is just me.

What do you think?
Young will probably average more and be a lot more consistent with his scoring. Blakey is a great player, but will be too prone to quiet games where he will score sub-80. But, he will have his games where he will be amongst best on ground and score 120+ as well.

What do you think?
2 byes vs 1 bye (with 1 other team)

Back