List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Just going to write the same thing.
First it was Logan, then Will, now Chad, seems like the media just love playing the new game with Sydney players. Of course clubs would have been in their respective managers ears, but I'd be shocked if we lost any of them in the next few years.
In fairness, Twomey is one of the better AFL journalists.

But generally it is just lazy journalism. It's not even journalism. They just go through a list, see who is coming out of contract in the next 18 months who is from interstate and then treat it as a story.

You could almost set your watch to there being a story in the vic media sometime next year that a Victorian club is going to make some disproportionate offer to McInerney.

Last edited:

But generally it is just lazy journalism. It's not even journalism. They just go through a list, see who is coming out of contract in the next 18 months who is from interstate and then treat it as a story.

You could almost set your watch to there being a story in the vic media sometime next year that a Victorian club is going to make some disproportionate offer to McInerney.

In fact, I'll write it now for them ...

St Kilda and Essendon lead a list of clubs preparing to make 'significant' offers to premiership winning winger Justin McInerney when he comes out of contract at the end of 2026 ...

It goes on like that for about 5 paragraphs. All made up. Except the premiership part. That will be factual.
What makes him better ? all these young ones are about content and themselves . Not in the same class as a Mike Sheahan , they are all about content

What makes him better ? all these young ones are about content and themselves . Not in the same class as a Mike Sheahan , they are all about content
Yes, he is not Mike Sheahan.

But generally he doesn't just make stuff up.

And the Warner stuff, he wasn't reporting it as news. Just saying he is out of contract next year and a very good player that the WA clubs would be desperate for. Which is common sense.

It's a big difference from the St Kilda war chest stories that get reheated 5 times a year.

Warner to Freo makes more sense than McDonald. They should be able to throw a massive contract at him with Fyfe and Walters probably on their last year.
Serong , Treacy and a first round pick should be the starting point for any negotiations 😁
West Coast would be dumb not to have a crack as well. McDonald still the priority.

Well, if it so happens Warner wants to leave and head back to Perth, we should just do a straight swap for Serong. He grew up as a Swans fan, right?
Warner won't leave. This is media speculation and western clubs playing the game. Warner knows as do most of the Swans team that this side has extreme potential to do great things. Players jumping ship for dollars, I think, in their minds they will regret for the rest of their lives.
Just my thoughts.

Warner won't leave. This is media speculation and western clubs playing the game. Warner knows as do most of the Swans team that this side has extreme potential to do great things. Players jumping ship for dollars, I think, in their minds they will regret for the rest of their lives.
Just my thoughts.

I tend to agree. Doubt he’s going anywhere but it’s still making me anxious. You don’t let players like him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s pretty simple.
Draft Ashton and give the parents cushy jobs in Sydney - team hair dresser for mum. Some kind of Geelong side contract for the dad.

Then Chad signs for 10 years on a reasonable contract because he wants to support the team.

Yes, he is not Mike Sheahan.

But generally he doesn't just make stuff up.

And the Warner stuff, he wasn't reporting it as news. Just saying he is out of contract next year and a very good player that the WA clubs would be desperate for. Which is common sense.

It's a big difference from the St Kilda war chest stories that get reheated 5 times a year.
Are we talking about one of the two blokes who have show with a mini gong on the desk & who actually use it as part of their show?

Sorry I can’t unwatch some of that sh.t
& take either of them seriously.

A f k n GONG for Christ’s sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dominant forward was JUH last night. Constant threat but let down by poor decisions and delivery further up the field.

Dominant mid was Chad. Explosive and single handedly won the game in the third.

I think last night perfectly demonstrated where the big contracts should be given. Midfielders win games and flags, not key forwards. Pies illustrated this perfectly with their midfield of JDG, Daicos x 2, Pendles and Sidebottom driving their flag, not their tall forwards of Cox, Frampton and Mihocek (as good as he is). Norf have one of the best tall forwards in Larkey but have not yet won a game this season.

We must keep Chad at any cost, even if that means we have to lose a player or 2. He's the sort of player who can deliver us multiple flags.

It’s pretty simple.
Draft Ashton and give the parents cushy jobs in Sydney - team hair dresser for mum. Some kind of Geelong side contract for the dad.

Then Chad signs for 10 years on a reasonable contract because he wants to support the team.
Don't forget UNSW and an AFLW contract for the sister! Or Swifts if she's a netballer.

I would've agreed 2-3 years ago..
unfortunately twomey has turned (or shown his true colours) into a reporter that comes across as an entitled little brat.
On numerous occasions,, hes shown hes clearly an essendon supporter and clearly hates the Swans.. Hes intentionally skipped through Swans discussion, intentionally changed the subject when the Swans are being discussed, has never rated any Swans draftees - also intentional, and never stops banging on about his love affair with Daicos and Reid (as if they're his best mates???)
and.... He has SH*T taste in music and bands, so should be banned from any talk about weak as piss pop music

lately, Ive tried to watch 'gettable ' a few times, but really struggle

I would've agreed 2-3 years ago..
unfortunately twomey has turned (or shown his true colours) into a reporter that comes across as an entitled little brat.
On numerous occasions,, hes shown hes clearly an essendon supporter and clearly hates the Swans.. Hes intentionally skipped through Swans discussion, intentionally changed the subject when the Swans are being discussed, has never rated any Swans draftees - also intentional, and never stops banging on about his love affair with Daicos and Reid (as if they're his best mates???)
and.... He has SH*T taste in music and bands, so should be banned from any talk about weak as piss pop music

lately, Ive tried to watch 'gettable ' a few times, but really struggle
Just on Gettable; it was a good show, now mostly rubbish. Pop.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back