Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheers mate. Leaning towards holding him, seen one comment on here saying Fish hasn’t shown an ability to score. He hit a ton 2/4 of his last games at Carlton and in the first praccy match this year, upside is definitely there but at his price can’t have him dish out 60s
Fish is on a short leash. Will happily punt him if he drops another 60.

1710723406747.png
Any ideas for trades this week with $47k in the bank? Main concerns are ZReid, Grundy, and Fisher. Rankine and Salem looked average but both had the right roles with more mid time than I imagined. Houston, Bont, Dawson had stinkers but gotta back in my premos.

Would like to go ZReid > Massimo but can't think of a downgrade that would let me do it. ZWill > Massimo won't gain that many points for the bye.

Possibly Fisher > Billings and Grundy > Xerri (leaving $224K in the bank) but feels quite sideways and Gawn seems the better target.

Grundy and Coffield.

Grundy isn’t a huge problem actually but trade to get Xerri if you don’t have him. Coffield is just a spud…it means he is safe from being Bevo’d but he’s still a spud.
Yeah add Wines to the list also :p, i can just see going to Xerri and Grundy goes big and Xerri doesn't lmao.

I don't have Sharp also which is a worry, was the only good rook i couldn't afford.

Last edited:
Gotta back Dawson I feel, rubbish conditions, plus if he didn't give away frees he tons up anyway.

Friday night, home game, against a young Geelong midfield he should bounce back. Too good not to.

I was a few possessions away from having half my midfield ton up. (Libba, Dawson, Martin) all got 90s

I agree, was just throwing it out there as a point of discussion, but I’m not moving him on.

4 trades im currently thinking of, i need to trade two of Grundy, Wines, Coffield, Z Reid or J Clark imo if Newcombe stays another week.

I'm missing Sharp and Windsor out of the good rooks, interested in everyone's thoughts as i really don't know what way to go lmao

First trade leaves me with 88k spare.

trade 1.png

Second trade i switch to 3 rooks onfield in the mids, 153k spare and fixes up a bench rookie, Coffield goes to the Bench.

trade 2.png

Third is a bench rookie fix up again but i keep Coffield, 45k left over.

trade 3.png

Fourth im not 100% on, fixes rook but downgrades a premo mid. 92k left over

trade 4.png

Last edited:
Got Gibcus and Reid to deal with and need cover for the next 2 weeks with Williams and Whitfield missing. Can't stand watching Fisher and whilst his scoring might come good someone has to make way and he's it. D'Ambrosio is the target as is Dempsey with his BE.

Gibcus > D'Ambrosio
Fisher > Dempsey
$118k ITB

Don't have any upgrade targets coming off the bye next week so hopefully can sort a couple of the other underperforming rookies like Clark, Lazzaro and Campbell. Reid had hammy tightness so is probably a hold for now.

Parish could be back this week so that affects Perkins a bit.
Yeh, I did think about that. Might be worth holding off on Perk for another week to see how he goes. Billings is also cheaper, better BE, more secure role and potentially higher ceiling.

Alright, you've just talked me out of Perkins, cheers Ex!

Think you have to be pretty happy with Williams' 74. If you picked him based off his Round 0 score of 69, you can't fault him improving his score.

I'd Hold Fisher one more week at least (i have him).. we historically give up points to defs. big or small.

I think anyone who doesnt have sharp probably needs him given our game style

I can get Coffield to Massimo this week if i swap Grundy to Xerri.. but could also just hold Coffield one more if Howes scores ok and then trade him to Zwil next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sure about that? Has a BE of 31 now. If he goes anywhere near what he managed yesterday, he'll jump by 50K+ in one week.

He also was in a lot of our teams in pre-season, and was dropped because he was the sub. Not to mention his ceiling for a 500K forward. No brainer for mine. Low risk, high reward.
yeah true. I don't really get how the breakeven stuff works. like he got 10 in week 1 and 140 in week 2 which means he's averaging 75. which is probably just a bit more than his price so I don't get how the formula works

May have found a way to hold Zilliams and trade Gibcus and have cover for Whit next week and Zil this week.

Ginbey to Bonner (like Gin as a player but was needed to get someone worthwhile for Gib)
Gibcus to Hore

Means Reid is held for now but can be used as loop

Meaning defence for me this week
Whit
Sheeze
Young
Clark
Howes

Will be a healthy ish DEF bench

Issue for me is I don't have either of Sharp and Dempsey, but I probably need to get rid of Budarick.

Lazzaro to Dempsey
Budarick to Massimo

But that means I am missing out on Sharp.

So since it's best 18 scoring I could afford to drop a premo for a week and cash up.

Lazzaro to Dempsey
Newcombe to Sharp

That means Id have a midfield of Rozee, Steele, Miller, Martin, Bonner, then 3 rookies of Kerch, Roberts, Sanders etc.

Issue for me is I don't have either of Sharp and Dempsey, but I probably need to get rid of Budarick.

Lazzaro to Dempsey
Budarick to Massimo

But that means I am missing out on Sharp.

So since it's best 18 scoring I could afford to drop a premo for a week and cash up.

Lazzaro to Dempsey
Newcombe to Sharp

That means Id have a midfield of Rozee, Steele, Miller, Martin, Bonner, then 3 rookies of Kerch, Roberts, Sanders etc.
Im thinking something similar, but deciding on Newcombe or Wines, don't think ill trade Grundy yet.

Wines > Sharp
Z Reid > D'Ambrosio

155k in bank and switch to 3 mid rookies, keep Coffield on bench to gain abit of cash.

Reid's hamstring "awareness" is actually a strain for those who own him.

Essendon will want him back in though and not many great options, might be worth holding as long as you don't have 2 guys on same bye.
I think you are better off holding Reid than running a Pink/Uwland/Dean type at D8. Getting him up to Hore/D'Ambrosio would be a play though if it means getting Coffield off the 18.

Particularly early on when the focus is getting on the value picks you missed out on.

At this stage my trades are likely to be

Wines to Billings or Bonner
J.Clark to Dempsey

Whichever of Bonner or Billings I don't get this week, will be potential mini upgrades for Sexton on his bye next week (scores pending).

IMG_6812.png
Where to go with this shambles?

(This was pre RD1 so Coffield is actually Hore and Mannagh is Gallagher. Also 72k in the bank not 21)

My issue is they are all nicely in the green and all have the roles.. I just didn’t take into account how shite and lazy some of them are at football.

I still feel comfortable with the cash gen and roles but there’s just not a lot of scoring power. Especially in the middle

Reid's hamstring "awareness" is actually a strain for those who own him.

Essendon will want him back in though and not many great options, might be worth holding as long as you don't have 2 guys on same bye.
I've played that game before, and ended up with multiple red dots on my bench not earning and coin... so I'll now probably do it again :eek:

My poor performers R1 were Bont, Newk and Grundy. All three are worth one more week IMHO although Newk now has a BE of 122, and I really didn't like the look of Grundy so one of those would probably be the one to go.

Of my rookies, only Clark and Mannagh look like there's a possibility of not making BE next week. Neither are actually worth anything in a trade.

That leaves Mid Pricers in Yeo and Fish, all of who look borderline on making BE.

Currently looking at this, swinging Jackson into R2:
1710732984297.png

Obvious ones for me this week.

Bringing in Dempsey (cash gen) and Serong (premo mid - will never leave my side).

One up and one down seems like the best thing for my team right now. Got pretty much all the other big performing rookies from round 1.

Will leave Budarick in for one week and just hope it was a very bad (one off) game from him. He will be gone next week if he does anything less than 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back