Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you do

Trade Z.Reid for a playing rook (lets say Mannagh)
or
Trade H.Young for NWM

leaning towards trading Young for NWM, as Z.Reid wont burn any cash

What would you do

Trade Z.Reid for a playing rook (lets say Mannagh)
or
Trade H.Young for NWM

leaning towards trading Young for NWM, as Z.Reid wont burn any cash
I'm currently doing Young to Massimo, but if Schoenmaker gets a game, will probably change that to Reid to Schoenmaker.

Young is not a complete disaster, and shouldn't lose much value if any, and Scoenmaker "should" make good coin.

Is anyone else thinking of moving on Harley Reid? Looks like a lot of management? Not sure there are going to let him loose

I have NWM but I'd be getting Whitfield. NWM does not tackle at all and will be an easy player to tag due to how outside his game is. Not to mention that Sinclair, Bonner and Stocker will steal points from him.
They always look for him though and I’d argue those 3 options actually help him not get attention. He’s still their best distributor but with those other guys how much does taking him out actually affect the game?

84 in Geelong is a floor game imo. Definite 6-8 defender with a good likelyhood of being more

They always look for him though and I’d argue those 3 options actually help him not get attention. He’s still their best distributor but with those other guys how much does taking him out actually affect the game?

84 in Geelong is a floor game imo. Definite 6-8 defender with a good likelyhood of being more
I just worry that when conditions, i.e. wet weather footy, highly contested game, he won't have many avenues to score.

That being said, he has the luxury of playing home games at Marvel.

Ok, after some advice. Current team:

DEF
Stewart
NWM
Young
Z Williams
Howes

Coffield
Dean

MID
Dawson
Brayshaw
Butters
Steele
LDU
McKercher
Sanders
Reid

Roberts
Wilson

RUCK
Gawn
Grundy

Barnett

FWD
Heeney
Macdonald
Fisher
Jordon
Duursma
Windsor

Sexton
Dempsey

UTIL
Sharp

Only have 24k spare.

Need to get rid of Coffield. Would love Schoenmaker to come in but if he doesn’t I can’t jump on him given Dean likely won’t play.

Sexton on the block given the bye but he has some $ left in him I feel.

Powell, D’Ambrosio tempting but lack of funds makes it tricky. If it’s a choice of one or the other I’m leaning towards Powell.

Anyone got a suggestion?

I have a feeling Nuke gonna go 130 against the cats. Come back to this after the game.
work mood GIF

why are people holding Bonner?

also, not much talk on people picking up duursma

Cost and low BE

Has shown capacity to score highly when has a good role.

Saints injuries may mean Bonner gets a better role. Best 18 also means fine to hold and get the cash gen, and hope for a ceiling score until r6.

What 2 do you pick from these 3 options? I can't decide, I actually need to do all my teams in such a bad state!

Newc > Crouch
Coffield > Massimo
Sexton > Powell

I would say moreso dependent on those trading out - Coffield injured, Sexton no good and no cash gen, so those two go.

what are peoples thoughts on maybe getting on Windhager early. 2nd highest in the Saints CBAs, without Crouch for the next 6-8 weeks. They also have essendon this week followed by Richmond at the small ground of Norwood. So some potentially stoppage heavy games there.

Might not make as much cash as Massimo short term but Windy could be a better scorer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what are peoples thoughts on maybe getting on Windhager early. 2nd highest in the Saints CBAs, without Crouch for the next 6-8 weeks. They also have essendon this week followed by Richmond at the small ground of Norwood. So some potentially stoppage heavy games there.

Might not make as much cash as Massimo short term but Windy could be a better scorer.
I don't mind it. It's a move I'm considering as well.

Yes. But those two will lose 0. Newc will lose ?? BE 126 Ave 65
At a guess -$20 to -30k this week V Cats
That’s my thinking as newc has already dropped $60k and that would mean missing out on crouch next round as a straight swap unless he scores well and he doesn’t look like scoring well atm in the two games I’ve watched.

I could get another week to look a Powell as well.

Im doing a rookie swap this week.... Going burgess.

have been watching a few of the rookies and Burgess passed the eye test last week.
Clark is a spud and will get dropped soon
missed the dempsey train. He looked okay on field but im not paying up for him now

Mannagh actually looked decent. im tossing up between burgess and him but ive been burnt too many times by cats rookies. Chris Scott likes to take his time breaking the rookies in and tends to rotate them frequently. Its rare for a rookie to get a full game

got my eye on thomas next week. its such a nice BE. could do it this week but i dont need to
View attachment 1940706
Burgess could easily drop a 30 the next week though. I'd prefer Mannagh easily.

My team has too many problems to have much choice on what to do. Still have Budarick, Coffield (inj), Z.Reid (inj), Sexton (bye), Whitfield (bye).
Budarick has to go, so Massimo will come in.
Then was thinking Zac Fisher to Sheezel. I'm sick of not having him while everyone else does. I had Sheezel in my side all pre-season, but at the last minute, switched him to Naicos. Regrets.

With bcrouch out, Steele in from Laird (literally nothing else to do, cash grab plus Laird potential fwd time)
And then Sexton to Powell. 150k banked, next week hoping hore to Schoenmakers and Jordan to flanders.
Why are you so keen to get off Jordon when he has West Coast next week? I think he's worth holding till then and if he doesn't crack a ceiling score you can flick him on his bye. Harvey Thomas types are tonning up against us atm so don't see why Jordon couldn't run amok.

Why are you so keen to get off Jordon when he has West Coast next week? I think he's worth holding till then and if he doesn't crack a ceiling score you can flick him on his bye. Harvey Thomas types are tonning up against us atm so don't see why Jordon couldn't run amok.
Yeah think Jordon v WC could score more than Flanders v Giants

I have had a change of heart and decided to keep Whit and run 21.

I’ve been tempted by McKay all week and having a real good feeling that he’ll go big and kick a bag against a depleted North defence. Also being second ruck and spending time out of the forward line helps getting those extra points like cheap tackles. The defences he’s going up for the next five weeks play favourably in his hands.

Rd 3 North: Undersized and makeshift
Rd 4 Freo: Makeshift in terms of KPDs
Rd 5 Crows: Makeshift as well
Rd 6 GWS: Curnow probably gets the most attention from the likes of Taylor etc
Rd 7: Cats
Rd 8: Pies, with the way their defence is going at the moment he’ll do well here. (From a supporters point of view I hope that isn’t lol)

Risky play so early on in the season but if it comes off, it’ll be amazing. Why not lol

IMG_1779.jpeg

Last edited:
And also you have to consider that only 5 GWS & Port players from the first two games scored under 65. As well as last years game against Sydney, pretty much every swans player stuffed the stat sheet, they're gonna be very easy to score against west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back