Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1955175
There ya go!
Sad Jim Carrey GIF
I dunno how I’ve managed my forward line to have only the two rookies and I’ve seen a few here with four or five lol

Held Wines with his '1 week injury' and copped Thomas's 15 as a slap in the face. I'm a tad nervous that Hinkley won't play him this week, seemed reluctant in committing to it (saw a tweet somewhere) Port's midfield looked a crap load better without Wines so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not named. I'll probably have to hold for another week as my trades are set this week. Would be a simple flick to JHF and I could still do Flanders as well.

Another watch is Adelaide's midfield after Nick's mentioned he wanted to change things up. I notice that Soligo has been getting a bit more mid time over the last couple of rounds at the expense of Laird then Dawson and pulled a 102 last round. I don't know what Nick's was alluding to but I wouldn't be surprised if Crouch could be the one to go. They also have Billy Dowling waiting in the wings who is an absolute ball pig once pulling a 225 ranking pt game in the under 18's.

Of course I have Crouch too.

Last edited:
Think next week will likely be a double downgrade for me.

Howes > Graham as 1. Any other downgrade targets next week? Who are people going for next week if they already got Clohesy last week and Graham this week?

Expect week after to turn Jordon/Zilliams into McAuliffe and premo mid when my entire midfield can go back 😂
Hoping someone shows up as a "must get" this week so I can stay in front of the pack as far as rookie selections go.

Otherwise McAuliffe like you say - I'll probably just bring him in knowing he'll be a good cash generator at some point. (and its still sort of banking a future trade ahead of the comp).

Hoping someone shows up as a "must get" this week so I can stay in front of the pack as far as rookie selections go.

Otherwise McAuliffe like you say - I'll probably just bring him in knowing he'll be a good cash generator at some point. (and its still sort of banking a future trade ahead of the comp).
Dowling is the one I'm hoping for but little confidence in Nicks. As 4tune8 said he was an absolute ball magnet as a junior. Has forward status in case Sanders doesn't get it.

The Crows midfield collectively doesn't work albeit there is no one playing badly so it's very tough to read what will happen here.

Edit: no sanfl last week so probably doesn't get a game this week.

Otherwise McAuliffe like you say - I'll probably just bring him in knowing he'll be a good cash generator at some point. (and it’s still sort of banking a future trade ahead of the comp).
I reckon McAuliffe could be a trade in for next week despite his bye. Sets you up and gives you cash for an upgrade.

Should hold his spot you reckon with the Tigs mid injuries

Won't be an option for me next week then probably. Is he in starting 22 for someone currently

Nope, earned his spot. If he performs his role like he did v North, he'll get a long run up forward.

What are you doing with Jordon?
Trading him R7 with Zilliams to upgrade to a premo mid. BE of 66 so hopefully can hit that off the bye or at least another 60.

Was going to go with him and Massimo to get Flanders but I got there with Sexton. Couldn't quite do Sexton and Jordon to Clohesy/Flanders (gave me $831k)

Next week needs to be Howes > Graham and don't think Jordon gets me anywhere hence looking to double downgrade then do Zilliams/Jordon to say McAuliffe and premo mid when I can move guys to defence (have all Martin, Bonner, Roberts and McKercher lol)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Held Wines with his '1 week injury' and copped Thomas's 15 as a slap in the face. I'm a tad nervous that Hinkley won't play him this week, seemed reluctant in committing to it (saw a tweet somewhere) Port's midfield looked a crap load better without Wines so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not named. I'll probably have to hold for another week as my trades are set this week. Would be a simple flick to JHF and I could still do Flanders as well.

Another watch is Adelaide's midfield after Nick's mentioned he wanted to change things up. I notice that Soligo has been getting a bit more mid time over the last couple of rounds at the expense of Laird then Dawson and pulled a 102 last round. I don't know what Nick's was alluding to but I wouldn't be surprised if Crouch could be the one to go. They also have Billy Dowling waiting in the wings who is an absolute ball pig once pulling a 225 ranking pt game in the under 18's.

Of course I have Crouch too.
Crouch won’t be dropped, he’s probably been their best mid.

The general consensus (especially if you read the Crows board) is that LAIRD should be dropped or moved to HB.

The midfield should really be Dawson, Crouch, rotating third mid (Rankine, Rachele, Soligo etc)

The general consensus (especially if you read the Crows board) is that LAIRD should be dropped or moved to HB.

The midfield should really be Dawson, Crouch, rotating third mid (Rankine, Rachele, Soligo etc)
They should hurry the * up and get Laird bulk def minutes lol

Has he? He really doesn't add much at all to their midfield.

I reckon McAuliffe could be a trade in for next week despite his bye. Sets you up and gives you cash for an upgrade.

Should hold his spot you reckon with the Tigs mid injuries
Yeah, if no one jumps out he's the lock. Even worst case he doesn't play the week after his bye - we can rest soundly knowing he'll show up again at some point and has the runs on the board in the 2's suggesting he'll be good.

Possibly safer to pick McAuliffe than taking a more speculative option equivalent to a Harvey Thomas.

Yeah, if no one jumps out he's the lock. Even worst case he doesn't play the week after his bye - we can rest soundly knowing he'll show up again at some point and has the runs on the board in the 2's suggesting he'll be good.

Possibly safter to pick McAuliffe than taking a more speculative option equivalent to a Harvey Thomas.
And if you wanted to save a bit more money than bringing in a Graham type

Im going double downgrade this week to keep on top of cash gen, and bank cash to target a premo next week.

Ive got Howes -> Clohsey

But im having trouble deciding on the second trade. Sexton -> Dempsey or Gallagher.
Dempsey is more expensive but he looks the better player. Is it too late to grab Dempsey?

Then the following week hoping Jordan -> Graham and then anyone to a premo

Just stumbled on this website - It might be of use for those interested in fishing through stats.
Are there any others out there that people go to? DFS Australia has become my primary go to. DT Live, Fan Footy, Dream Stats others.

Im going double downgrade this week to keep on top of cash gen, and bank cash to target a premo next week.

Ive got Howes -> Clohsey

But im having trouble deciding on the second trade. Sexton -> Dempsey or Gallagher.
Dempsey is more expensive but he looks the better player. Is it too late to grab Dempsey?

Gallagher is priced at 44
Dempsey is priced at 56

Gallagher has the one good score against WC and the rest he's only going 10-12 over his priced at.

Dempsey barring one bad game has gone 16, 36 & 46 over his priced at.

BE only 5 apart. I would think Dempsey would make more money. Gallagher does have 2 pretty weak opponents coming. Dempsey has North but then Brisbane, second of which could slow him down.

I grabbed Dempsey last week when he was priced under 50 points as I think he can hold down F5 & 6 with Sanders if he gets DPP and then focus on other positions.

Ive got Howes -> Clohsey

too late on both in my opinion. Only takes one 50 for Dempsey to flat line now.

Has he? He really doesn't add much at all to their midfield.
No meters gained but gets in and gets the hard ball, he won’t be dropped I doubt.
I see Brodie smith being dropped before him and potentially laird being moved back.
Let’s prey for Dowling. As a crows fan and fantasy player I’m begging for change lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back