Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Biggy Nyuon get Def status after 2 games?

Was keen on Lohmann as my downgrade but think I've settled on Garcia pending non-sub selection.
  1. A player must play a minimum three games to qualify for the first DPP additions.
  2. If a player already has DPP status, they cannot qualify for a third position.
  3. A player must play 35% in a different position to what they are listed as to receive DPP.
Comben will be DEF/FWD though.

Crouch has been in good form and he is the only one in there that can't play any other position. Berry will keep his spot after kicking match winner and Crouch being suspended, but Crouch will come straight back in (and ahead of Berry in rotations).

I think they mean Jhye?
I dont know :) I assumed Jordan Clark due to him being similarly priced to Salem but yeah I dont agree with trading either Clark lol. Jhye Clark isn't worth anything to trade.

I dont know :) I assumed Jordan Clark due to him being similarly priced to Salem but yeah I dont agree with trading either Clark lol. Jhye Clark isn't worth anything to trade.
Jordan Clark scored low against Port Adelaide (to be expected). He has a easy schedule coming up though. I'd probably trade out Bonner ahead of him when I aim to get Naicos.

1. A player must play a minimum three games to qualify for the first DPP additions.
  2. If a player already has DPP status, they cannot qualify for a third position.
  3. A player must play 35% in a different position to what they are listed as to receive DPP.
Comben will be DEF/FWD though.
Cheers, bit of a noob question but I was feeling lazy. As someone who owns Holmes, Bonner and Martin I could field about 15 defenders next week. Definitely missed the boat on Comben I think.

Just realised I'm better off trading Clark instead of Salem, because Clark will likely drop in value, whereas Salem's price won't go anywhere, right?
If you're referring to Jhye Clark and you're doubling down, I think this is the week to get rid of him. Squeeze what little cash you can out of him before he loses any more.

The only problem trading Clark over Salem is that if other issues pop up during the round you may be forced to hold Salem for another week and take an even bigger cash loss.

I'm in a similar boat, trading Clark before Windsor with the hope of trading him out next week.

I still have Sexton, so he's out, but for the second trade, I'm deciding between trading out D'Ambrosio or McKercher. McKercher has the higher BE and not sure wat role he'll play with sore ribs. What if they decide they don't want to play him in the midfield due to his ribs and he goes back to defence and plays chip to chip with Sheezel. I made the mistake of trading out Zilliams over D'Ambrosio and now I'm stuck with D'Ambrosio for more weeks than I anticipated.

Apparently at the Traders show in Adelaide someone asked Rory Laird what order the midfield is at and he said Crouch 1, Soligo 2, Dawson 3 and himself 4 lol. Probably would put himself last though.

Think im set on holding Crouch now.

The coach also said he's in career best form a few times. You don't say that about a guy you're about to drop or move positions

Apparently at the Traders show in Adelaide someone asked Rory Laird what order the midfield is at and he said Crouch 1, Soligo 2, Dawson 3 and himself 4 lol. Probably would put himself last though.

Think im set on holding Crouch now.
Needs more Rankine

I'm with you and was listening to that on the way home tonight. I definitely think best 18 makes it more viable.

Will give us more cash for future upgrades each week and get proper premiums
Other thing too is.. I’m assuming everyone’s first trade is McKercher to Graham. That only gets you 150k so unless you’ve carried over 200ish I can’t see where a reasonable upgrade is.

Backline is sorted next week. Forward rooks are scoring just as well as anyone else you’d bring in that isn’t Zorko (who comes with risks) and midfield targets that aren’t Walsh have massive BEs.

Add all that to the fact that the two rookies on offer are DPP and look like they’ll have a good share of mid time puts it in no brainer territory for mine.

Everyone’s got a Jhye Clark type player on their bench that’ll still get you a bit of coin but looks like he’s going nowhere fast. Perfect opportunity with the best 18 to cash that in

Not going to grab him now. Just thinking I might skip Drury and grab Hugo Garcia this week and Riley could be downgrade next week
I've done same .....I can't trust Drury playing a HFF role .....how often can he take 11 marks in a game, on a HFF ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garcia v lohman... Who to get?
I'm a Brissy supporter so I bloody love Lohmann, but if Garcia doesn't get the sub vest it has to be him - genuinely think you can pencil him in for an 80+ if he dodges the vest and gets the amount of CBAs that I am expecting. Get him in, put the E on him, sub him into your 18 when he hits a 105 from 15 tackles tomorrow night

Dawson owners keeping Dawson? Im torn. Im looking at these 3 options

D'Ambrosio -> Graham
McKercher -> Garcia

555k into next week
Means I keep Dawson

or

McKercher -> Graham
Dawson -> Walsh

240k into next week
Means I keep D'Ambrosio

or

D'Ambrosio -> Graham
Dawson -> Walsh

356k into next week.
Means I keep Mckercher

Writing it out like this and going off the 'who I keep' im leaning towards the first option and keeping Dawson as there is potential there he turns it around.

Last edited:
Dawson owners keeping Dawson? Im torn. Im looking at these 3 options
I'm not an owner but I think he's a hold. If I owned him, Crouch would be a maybe trade for mine given people picked him as a cash generator and he's nearly topped out and an easy trade to a premo mid but Dawson should be a premo, not far away from people wanting to jump on. Trading him out will delay upgrades.

15k trading in a bloke who's had a busted back for months.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Somehow Gallagher survives. Thought he would be almost certain to be dropped.
The opposite of being Bevoed - but still is somehow 🤪

Other thing too is.. I’m assuming everyone’s first trade is McKercher to Graham. That only gets you 150k so unless you’ve carried over 200ish I can’t see where a reasonable upgrade is.

Backline is sorted next week. Forward rooks are scoring just as well as anyone else you’d bring in that isn’t Zorko (who comes with risks) and midfield targets that aren’t Walsh have massive BEs.

Add all that to the fact that the two rookies on offer are DPP and look like they’ll have a good share of mid time puts it in no brainer territory for mine.

Everyone’s got a Jhye Clark type player on their bench that’ll still get you a bit of coin but looks like he’s going nowhere fast. Perfect opportunity with the best 18 to cash that in
This was the very same sentiment we all had about the midfield rookies just 2 weeks ago. Now we are all rushing to get them off the field for best 22 because they have dropped poor scores. Everyone should be very worried about fielding any forward rookies once best 22 starts back up next week. Wilson Reid and Thomas have all shown they can score 20s 30s and 40s and will probably have poor scores when we need them most in best 22 weeks.

Even though it isn't great, getting in guys like Rankine, Caldwell etc. I would much prefer those guys on field than a forward rook that can pop a 20 or 30 and ruin your week. Which is why I am trying to get the forward line upgraded (as upgraded as it can be at this point in the season) quickly as I feel like you can gain/lose the most points there.

I've done same .....I can't trust Drury playing a HFF role .....how often can he take 11 marks in a game, on a HFF ?
And he's not going to want to get in the way of Zurhaar if he's back as suggested this week. I could even see Drury as the sub or bench at best. His -26 BE is so tempting though. It feels silly walking back from it, but think will go with the crowded Garcia bandwagon. Not sure of his job security cos how many rookies can they have in their contending team - Arie Speedwagon is yet to come in yet, and he will soon.

This was the very same sentiment we all had about the midfield rookies just 2 weeks ago. Now we are all rushing to get them off the field for best 22 because they have dropped poor scores. Everyone should be very worried about fielding any forward rookies once best 22 starts back up next week. Wilson Reid and Thomas have all shown they can score 20s 30s and 40s and will probably have poor scores when we need them most in best 22 weeks.

Even though it isn't great, getting in guys like Rankine, Caldwell etc. I would much prefer those guys on field than a forward rook that can pop a 20 or 30 and ruin your week. Which is why I am trying to get the forward line upgraded (as upgraded as it can be at this point in the season) quickly as I feel like you can gain/lose the most points there.
I’m planning one next week, gonna try and get Baker in for Wilson (hopefully he scorers well tonight for one last boost)

I’ve only got the two FWD rookies on field now in Reid and Wilson. I’ve seen some teams with multiple still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back