Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1967346

the simpsons surprise GIF
Think that is called Work In Progess

yeah. but no-one can see the future. I don't think anyone saw Tom Green being crap or Tim English going backwards.
No one is talking about foreseeing anything are they? It's all about small informed judgements. Get enough of the small information pieces right and it can make a bit of a difference. A bit of difference often enough keeps you ahead of the pack. Think of it like compounding interest - enough early wins picking the :chartingup: is then multiplied by picking the :chartdown: early enough. I'm lucky if I see a
animation heart GIF by PICNIC STUDIO

Half the fun is trying.

The below is my team post-trades, had $100k in the bank so was able to go the below leaving absolutely zero left in the bank:
Z Williams > H Garcia
Dempsey > Gulden

The Young news above looks promising, and have enough cash gen in rookies to go 1 up, 1 down over the next few weeks (Howes, Wilson, Thomas, Campbell - then Clohesy, Graham, Reid, Garcia). Obviously plans can change very quickly of course!

Stubbornly avoiding Sheezel and Heeney as they are getting towards top price and hoping for something to stop their run of scoring! Fisher goes after next week (pending injury) but I am very nervous about Tom Green - average of 87 in last 3 and 96 ex North and WCE games. Not pulling the trigger on a trade yet, but I have been considering it.

Rank very poor at 37k :oops:

1713770860564.png

Bont or Dawson going to be my dilemma this week.

Bont 117 last year, looks average this year. BE 123 so one good score stops his price drop. Close to bottom price. Highly owned which has pros and con

Dawson at bottom price, 107 BE. 113 last year. Has looked similar to Bont but looked much better on the weekend. Crouch back and I also own Crouch. Fixture easy

If Dawson kills it and Bont doesn't there is higher upside in picking him due to lower ownership. But opposite it will hurt more

Serong, Green and Merretts BE's are in 140-150's so would be silly to bring them in right now.
I'm going Bont this week. Harley Reid destroyed Freo last week and I expect Bont to do the same and go 150+. Can't go without Bont this week as sooooo many people own him.

He did go 148 against us last year so yeah... Expect a BIG BIG score from him against us.

Worth bringing in Graham if we missed the boat? Still has a -1 BE. did he look like being subbed?
I’m hoping Billy Dowling gets a game this week (however been hoping this all year haha)
Any other downgrade targets?
I personally wouldn't chase Graham now at $387k.He's not going to be on field, so it's a fair bit of money to tie up even if he continues to get a game.

lol one of my pet peeves is seeing people list trades when they have like 5 million in the bank. it's not rocket science. it's like ok guys this week:
Out: Lazzaro, T.Pink
In: Z.Merrett, Flanders

it's un-stuffup-able
Why do I get the feeling your list of pet peeves is quite considerable?

I'm going Bont this week. Harley Reid destroyed Freo last week and I expect Bont to do the same and go 150+. Can't go without Bont this week as sooooo many people own him.

He did go 148 against us last year so yeah... Expect a BIG BIG score from him against us.

I was set on Dawson but you may have steered me to Bont. Those 2 games Dawson switched from CBA to forward / back when Adelaide were trying to mix up are the factors that would lean me to Bont.

Bont is still playing his high cba role besides one game when he looked injured. Dawson had those 2 games where he went 85% CBA to 40%

Zorko been subbed out injured 8 (EIGHT) times in the last 2 seasons with either a hammy/calf/achilles

Question is what do you see changed this year that it won't happen again ? I mean he's odds on to leave you with a single digit score again and a price drop/forced trade at some point.. could argue 6 games in he's already overdue

Know we all want to believe because of the role/scoring but I'm surprised how easily some forget. I just can't gloss over what my own eyes have seen and what my body has been through having him
And yet people are all fawning over Yeo & Whitfield.

I have been on Zorko for two weeks now, so risk has already been somewhat mitigated. Brissy are 2 & 4 so there is no sub game coming for 'rest' anytime soon especially as they have no one else trustworthy to play that role.

He's actually outscored Heeney the last 3 matches they've played. And he's putting 20-25 points on any forward not named Heeney or Flanders atm, so not sure how long you can continue to fade him with the dearth of options available.

*I'm Heeneyless so he fit my side a bit better given the Rd 12 bye issues up forward people have (Syd, Bris, North).

And yet people are all fawning over Yeo & Whitfield.

I have been on Zorko for two weeks now, so risk has already been somewhat mitigated. Brissy are 2 & 4 so there is no sub game coming for 'rest' anytime soon especially as they have no one else trustworthy to play that role.

He's actually outscored Heeney the last 3 matches they've played. And he's putting 20-25 points on any forward not named Heeney or Flanders atm, so not sure how long you can continue to fade him with the dearth of options available.

*I'm Heeneyless so he fit my side a bit better given the Rd 12 bye issues up forward people have (Syd, Bris, North).

In fairness Yeo and Whitfield have been injury prone but they also aren't 35 years old.

I feel like the I told you so is coming for Zorko owners. Injury prone 35 year old!! who is way outscoring anything he's done in recent years by a long way

Just don't say we didn't warn you if you own Zorko

In fairness Yeo and Whitfield have been injury prone but they also aren't 35 years old.

I feel like the I told you so is coming for Zorko owners. Injury prone 35 year old!! who is way outscoring anything he's done in recent years by a long way

Agree it has the potential to blow up at some stage. But how many weeks does he have to get through for it to be a +EV trade?

I'd say around 6-7 weeks (if you got on for less that $850k) is breakeven territory?

Agree it has the potential to blow up at some stage. But how many weeks does he have to get through for it to be a +EV trade?

I'd say around 6-7 weeks (if you got on for less that $850k) is breakeven territory?

I feel like if you picked him now and he went 105-110 then broke down around the byes it would be fine.

My opinion though is he probably only goes 100 from this point on not 110 and so I'd rather spend 900k on a midfielder in their prime.

And If he breaks down in a non bye week it's bad. Basically the risk at 900k is not worth the reward

If you got on at 700 through 800k you're laughing either way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like if you picked him now and he went 105-110 then broke down around the byes it would be fine.

My opinion though is he probably only goes 100 from this point on not 110 and so I'd rather spend 900k on a midfielder in their prime.

And If he breaks down in a non bye week it's bad. Basically the risk at 900k is not worth the reward

If you got on at 700 through 800k you're laughing either way
Can agree there, especially where teams aren't complete anyway and Dempsey/Reid/Garcia look like reliable F5-6 options.

Not trying to dissuade you, think it is a good upgrade and easily capable of delivering upside
1713775872730.png
With a BE of 128, it could be a week early, or, it could also look cheap this time next week - it's on a knife edge

Not trying to dissuade you, think it is a good upgrade and easily capable of delivering upside
View attachment 1967489
With a BE of 128, it could be a week early, or, it could also look cheap this time next week - it's on a knife edge
Bulldogs have a 9 day break to their game. Freo have a 7 day break. We are getting destroyed. Bont will go 150.

Also much safer to go with the crowd as basically everyone has Bont and he will be a top 8 mid or there abouts.

Zorko has 13% ownership and 32% in the top 100.

I'm not a Zorko owner but have had my chance to bring him in.

Who dares wins, right?

Why do I get the feeling your list of pet peeves is quite considerable?
My other pet peeves:

- People that use the term 'trading cadence'. Whoever says that just ripped it off one podcast and now every man and his dog uses it. Be an independent thinker!

- Also, the term 'main banana in the midfield'. Since when did banana become so entrenched in footy fantasy? Once again, be an independent thinker people. There's other ways to describe being the preferred midfielder. It's just an echo chamber.

- People that say 'I've only got 3 rookies on my field' but they're ranked 50k and have Sam Switkowski, Brad Close and Mabior Chol on field.

- The term 'brain it'. It came from the Hat chat boys I believe. Anyone else that uses it is an absolute fraud. Read a dictionary.

Last edited:
My other pet peeves:

- People that use the term 'trading cadence'. Whoever says that just ripped it off one podcast and now every man and his dog uses it. Be an independent thinker!

- Also, the term 'main banana in the midfield'. Since when did banana become so entrenched in footy fantasy? Once again, be an independent thinker people. There's other ways to describe being the preferred midfielder. It's just an echo chamber.

- People that say 'I've only got 3 rookies on my field' but they're ranked 50k and have Sam Switkowski, Brad Close and Mabior Chol on field.
I'm going to start calling Clohesy, Sharp and Roberts mid pricers. Only 2 rooks on field.

Thoughts?

My other pet peeves:

Danster's 'Freedom Of Speech' Speech!

duck hey - independent enough for ya?!

My other pet peeves:

What is your bench hygiene like, danster? Do you have enough cash to get a big boy this week? You know, someone who is going to brain it this weekend. Who are you trading and who are you spading?

What is your bench hygiene like, danster? Do you have enough cash to get a big boy this week? You know, someone who is going to brain it this weekend. Who are you trading and who are you spading?
Haha, damn I forgot the term 'Brain it'. Great call by you :) Such a dumb term. It doesn't even make sense. I don't think anyone can logically define it even though they use it regularly. If the person that first said it off Hat chat is reading this, explain yourself.

I like the Ball Boys because at least they acknowledge that they ripped terms off the traders when they talk, everyone on Bigfooty should be doing the same.

And where is the accountability on the fantasy footy YouTubers? Jackson Davey said 'if you don't have Daicos, the season might get away from you'. Yeah, ok. Lewy said 'I don't think Bonner is on the cards, he'll get you 70's which I may as well spend that money on a rookie'. Instead Bonner has averaged 96 since he said it.

My other pet peeves:

- The term 'brain it'. It came from the Hat chat boys I believe. Anyone else that uses it is an absolute fraud. Read a dictionary.
Decent list tbf.

Am I allowed to use the 'tbf' acronym?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back