Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

4.7 v 5.15

Dogs v Giants is... certainly interesting, just like the crash tests for cars when they slomo the dummy getting poleaxed into a wall.
car slamming GIF

This game is making me laugh. How many sides have scored 7.22 in 3 quarters of footy and won the game?

I thought GWS were amazing? Wasn't Bevo supposed to be getting the sack?

Big Footy is awash with nuffie early takes that give me a giggle

This game is making me laugh. How many sides have scored 7.22 in 3 quarters of footy and won the game?

I thought GWS were amazing? Wasn't Bevo supposed to be getting the sack?

Big Footy is awash with nuffie early takes that give me a giggle

That's why I always say sides should be grouped in banks not predicted to win a flag. A few injuries, fixture, form etc make it impossible to predict accurately.

Should be groups for top 4, top 8, and bottom 4.

Sides going for top 4- Sydney, Collingwood, Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, Port, Cats, Giants.

Sides just off that going for a spot in the 8- Dogs, Essendon, Gold Coast, Freo, Adelaide.

Bottom 4, Saints, Hawks, Richmond, North.

So Hawks are whacking Port ... yes early days but maybe Hawks aren't as bad as everyone thinks

Bombers beat North by similar margin to us

It just shows you that with Footy these days .... if you are out by 10% in terms of form then other sides can make you pay

With Footy these days a large number of teams are evenly matched .... for sure we are down on form at the moment but I doubt our form will continue to be as bad as it currently is

I wouldn't be surprised that we beat Melbourne next weekend .... Melbourne returning from the West .... we likely get Crouch, Clark and Higgo back .... watch our confidence soar

So Hawks are whacking Port ... yes early days but maybe Hawks aren't as bad as everyone thinks

Bombers beat North by similar margin to us

It just shows you that with Footy these days .... if you are out by 10% in terms of form then other sides can make you pay

With Footy these days a large number of teams are evenly matched .... for sure we are down on form at the moment but I doubt our form will continue to be as bad as it currently is

I wouldn't be surprised that we beat Melbourne next weekend .... Melbourne returning from the West .... we likely get Crouch, Clark and Higgo back .... watch our confidence soar
Nobody tell gringo2011 his man Ethan Phillips has started well.

Hopefully the Hawks can hold on for a win over Port to go above us on the ladder and hand over their No.4 pick to us.
Hawks look miles better than us. They should comfortably win 8+ games, which will be enough to be ahead of us.

Eagles are a chance of snagging more wins than us also. I reckon we are looking at pick 3 or 4.

Proper coach is Sam Mitchell.

Doesn’t blame lists. Works with what he has and develops them.

Listen to his first address as coach at Box Hill.

No mention of “effort”. All about teaching players how to execute skills under pressure.

The exact opposite to our prehistoric approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of “effort”. All about teaching players how to execute skills under pressure.

How do u know? You been in team meetings?

Mitchell is a great strategist and seems to be really creative. The Hawks have a very winning mindset and high expectations. and the decision makers at the club are still the same ones that had them the best side in footy. Guys like Finnis were a disaster because they starved the footy department. There was no structure, standards or quality.

We'd strayed so far from the path that even getting back in a straight line was a huge effort. Clubs don't win flags without good people in place all the way through the organisation. We wouldn't spend on staff and then became a place careers go to die.

Lyon is looking like a misstep as far our next premiership coach but he's probably there to redesign our backroom more than lead us to the promised land. We were on a road to nowhere under rates and Richo. We didn't even really have effort. We were a retirement home for guys who wanted to coast on higher than standard wages.

For me the frustration is that we are still so far away. A great coach gets more out of an ordinary list but the list was nowhere near a flag last year and we still aren't at a point where we are ready to challenge after a 14 year rebuild.

How do u know? You been in team meetings?

You can see the Hawks change strategy and have multiple game plans. Last year the handballed and played keepings off. This year they are really attacking and frenetic. He seems to be able to strategise despite a very young side.

That said his midfield is very very good and that is up to date. Will Day and Newcombe are two of the best young mids in footy. Worpol, Nash etc are all really solid soldiers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back