Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Willie Rioli dominate I cannot wait to see lancey boy at afl level. The bloke can flat out finnish

Watching Willie Rioli dominate I cannot wait to see lancey boy at afl level. The bloke can flat out finnish

Hopefully without the lack of discipline he just had. What a brain fart giving away 100m penalty. Could be a pivotal moment with the Cats kicking back to back goals and gaining all the momentum with the crowd now involved.

With respect, obviously. I mean how is it preventable, as in by a 3rd party?
We create an environment where people can feel comfortable to seek help and that help is easily accessible.

For blokes we need to an environment where they feel like they can put thier hand up and say "I'm not feeling great and I need help"

Surely that should have been a free kick to Geelong, either insufficient intent or out on the full, in the last 90 seconds there?

Great to see the handbaggers get done at home, nonetheless!

We create an environment where people can feel comfortable to seek help and that help is easily accessible.

For blokes we need to an environment where they feel like they can put thier hand up and say "I'm not feeling great and I need help"

Again, maybe I'm being naive, but I'd say that that environment is closer to existence than in any other time in history. Some issues are so personal it doesn't matter how many safe spaces and men's health seminars are provided, if you feel like you can't share or no one would understand, then you're on your own.

Some issues, you hear yourself explaining them to someone outside the situation and can imagine the well-meaning but useless advice you'll hear back, and it just makes you clam up.

But in general, you're absolutely right. It certainly seems that the Dockers might need an overhaul of their environment and/or culture considering their history - but again, maybe they've been really good and its just that the various players have problems deeper than the help that can be provided.

I don't know what I'm really trying to say. Words and open hearts can only go so far, but I am really ignorant about the type of help that can be provided I suppose.

I don't watch too many non Saints games but the Cats v Port game was a ripper. Lots of goals, fast paced and an exciting finish. JHF is an absolute gun. He's got everything. Pace, strength, skill and a never say die attitude. Almost makes me like Port Adelaide!
Ryder---->Gray. Nah, still hate them!

Yeah the Cats Power game was pretty entertaining. I thought Rioli was about to start headbutting campaigners there for a moment. The Geelong crowd were super pissed off come the end, which was great. Ken Hinkley was on laughing gas the whole time. JHF is a weapon, Butters too, tagging Stewart worked a treat, Cats fought back well.

Yeah been there too mate, the black dog is hard to shake.
Sorry I'm on an extended rant tonight. I've lost too many friends and had a gut-full of pissants pretending to be experts. Bout time people started admitting that things are significantly ****ed up.
Unfortunately, and I know I’m generalising here, the difference between women and men is that women are far more likely to talk about their feelings to their friends and get help.

It’s not really been considered “manly” to open up about things and admit you’re struggling. There’s always been that thing that men have to be in charge, and strong and responsible for their families.

It’s placed a really huge and unfair burden on them. People like Liam Stocker and a few others who have come out and spoken openly about their issues with depression will hopefully show others it’s not “weak” to ask for help and encourage other men to the do the same.

I think the scourge of domestic violence against women, terrible though it is, tends to, very unfairly, lump all men in the same basket and that hasn’t helped either.

There needs to be far more money spent on education about this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

State of Victoria is broke - that's what's going on friend.

No they aren't, that's just bullshit to sell you fear and make you accept less services. They are predicting a surplus in 2026. Governments don't go broke anyway. They go into massive debt but western countries always have money coming in to pay it down. Or in the US they just print more money so that your dollar is worth less.

No they aren't, that's just bullshit to sell you fear and make you accept less services. They are predicting a surplus in 2026. Governments don't go broke anyway. They go into massive debt but western countries always have money coming in to pay it down. Or in the US they just print more money so that your dollar is worth less.
Maybe but the budget seems screwed to me. I say this as a Labor voter or as an "anything but the conservatives" voter.

Maybe but the budget seems screwed to me. I say this as a Labor voter or as an "anything but the conservatives" voter.

Definitely a very neocon budget. Pulled s**t from services to balance the books. They needed infrastructure and costs for everything have blown-out to an insane level including finishing projects. Spending to invigorate was the right thing post covid but the economy has since nosedived and prices have risen causing a practical recession without meeting full criteria.

They are so far down the road with their major projects that they can't stop now. Commonwealth games was their biggest heck up. Pulling out was smart but signing on to it was a major heck up. Comm games are of no interest to most people and they've bankrupted cities recently. Brisbane will heck themselves with the Olympics too. They are a lead balloon.

I'm. not sure about that train loop thing from Cheltenham to Box Hill. Really ?

The roads and railway crossings are excellent. Haven’t looked into the rail loop. They work overseas okay. Our public transport is so over burdened at the moment, hopefully it works better than it sounds like it will.

This isn’t Kerner / Kennett - we are broke and nothing left to sell.

The suburban rail loop if implemented as an uncosted Dan folly will finish this State! Eat humble pie and walk away from it and fund Health, Mental Health, Education etc . Unlike what Dan said - unfortunately u can’t have both!

Ps Dan has exited stage left - he is a smart guy - everything was in great shape when I left!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back