Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll be interested to see if we look to get another mid in the 25-28 age group, for added leadership.
Doesn’t need to be a world beater just someone who can apply consistent defensive pressure.

A Rowbottom or Drew type of player. I doubt either of them would move to us though.

Hopefully Nash steps up again and can be that type of player.

In addition to Bazalenka?
Not sure what sort of leader Baz is but while he’s a handy addition from an offensive point of view his defensive stuff is really bad (a problem all dogs mids have outside Libba).

A defensive mid would be an important addition. Whether externally or from our own players stepping up.

I’ll be interested to see if we look to get another mid in the 25-28 age group, for added leadership.
I think the drop off in performance from Nash this season while definitely noticeable as an individual has flown under the radar for its knock on impact to the rest of the midfield. So much was said by our younger midfielders last year about how valuable the role he was playing was to how the rest of them played, and now it's effectively gone.

We really do need to add an experienced mid in that age group. Someone with consistent workrate and defensive actions would do. Brandan Parfitt and Jack Graham are both RFA, both have high tackle numbers and are from clubs that have won a flag in the last 5 years. Just as examples.

Whispers going around on the Geelong board that a midfielder from a Melbourne based club with Geelong ties (not Baz) is looking to move down there next year.

Could it be Worps?

Whispers going around on the Geelong board that a midfielder from a Melbourne based club with Geelong ties (not Baz) is looking to move down there next year.

Could it be Worps?
They’ve been talking about Perkins for months

Not sure what sort of leader Baz is but while he’s a handy addition from an offensive point of view his defensive stuff is really bad (a problem all dogs mids have outside Libba).

A defensive mid would be an important addition. Whether externally or from our own players stepping up.
If like rumoured there's a 12 year thumper on the table for JUH (rumoured to be Sydney) and it forces the Dogs to pony up and match it then I'd love for us to make a play for Libba. Could never see him leaving there unless he was pushed out but if like mentioned earlier your looking for someone provide toughness / leadership (ala Ritchie V) then he'd be great. He's got huge miles on his speedo though and likely a fair amount of concussions too but is still a centre clearance monster. Anyways if it was ever on the table and the Dogs were looking to re-tool then I wouldn't be against a salary dump of Baz + Libba which would likely see one or 2 of our mids moved on.

If like rumoured there's a 12 year thumper on the table for JUH (rumoured to be Sydney) and it forces the Dogs to pony up and match it then I'd love for us to make a play for Libba. Could never see him leaving there unless he was pushed out but if like mentioned earlier your looking for someone provide toughness / leadership (ala Ritchie V) then he'd be great. He's got huge miles on his speedo though and likely a fair amount of concussions too but is still a centre clearance monster. Anyways if it was ever on the table and the Dogs were looking to re-tool then I wouldn't be against a salary dump of Baz + Libba which would likely see one or 2 of our mids moved on.

Libba signed a new deal a few weeks back I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite possibly. However Tops did mention they were interested in Worps.

Watching Mackie deal with Dodoro would be funny as though.
If cats want the Worpedo they need to be made to pay the price.. Max Holmes
Should be our target.. They play the game better than anyone. they’ll target their player then get rid of their draft picks on other targets and clubs will be forced to take unders as they’ve got conveniently nothing left to give.. Really slimy operators the cats..

Quite possibly. However Tops did mention they were interested in Worps.

Watching Mackie deal with Dodoro would be funny as though.
It's Perkins.

I never write those pricks off now - it just makes it harder to be in a rebuild while they defy gravity.
They got Bruhn and Clarke through trades but we got equivalent players in the draft in Ward and McKenzie.

They are still reliant on 32yr old plus forwards in Cameron and Hawkins.

Lets concentrate on our own recruiting. I dont buy the argument we dont have access. Time might prove that Finn, McCabe and Calsher Dear are all world beaters.

I doubt anyone would offer more than a 3rd round so it wouldnt be worth bothering.

If we got a low 20 offer and he was happy to leave we should take it.
This is one of those ALL TIME STUPID kind of posts. Hard to remember anything more idiotic being posted here...and that is saying a lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acquiring Smith & Battle this off-season would be a major boost if they can get it done of course.

The club may look to target 1 or 2 players under 23 struggling for opportunities that can come in and push for a best 22 spot next year

Add Day, Jiath & Grainger-Barras, there’s no reason not to be optimistic about 2025. Forget about this year. lol

Acquiring Smith & Battle this off-season would be a major boost. The club may look to target 1 or 2 players under 23 struggling for opportunities that come in and push for a best 22 spot next year

Add Day, Jiath & Grainger-Barras, there’s no reason not to be optimistic about 2025. Forget about this year. lol
I would definitely like us to throw massive money at Battle to get him across the line.

I hope we try. But when was the last time a high profile recruit opted to go to a rebuilding team that has finished bottom 4 for 4 straight seasons. Do you think if West Coast or Norf threw stupid money at players they’d lure them? Norf tried with Kelly and Martin and failed every time. We can try all we like - but recent history in numerous sports shows that high calibre players now want success more than money.
check the ladder for the last four years

Doesn’t need to be a world beater just someone who can apply consistent defensive pressure.

A Rowbottom or Drew type of player. I doubt either of them would move to us though.

Hopefully Nash steps up again and can be that type of player.
Jarrod Berry? Jack Graham?

Maybe if they were not getting games, but they're more likely to stick with their clubs than leave. Both FA’s.

I doubt anyone would offer more than a 3rd round so it wouldnt be worth bothering.

If we got a low 20 offer and he was happy to leave we should take it.
That is bat$hit crazy. You have been reading too many David King articles. North got pick 3 for McKay and now their backline is absolutely shite yet you want to trade out our best key forward for a pick in the 20’s ????

They got Bruhn and Clarke through trades but we got equivalent players in the draft in Ward and McKenzie.

They are still reliant on 32yr old plus forwards in Cameron and Hawkins.

Lets concentrate on our own recruiting. I dont buy the argument we dont have access. Time might prove that Finn, McCabe and Calsher Dear are all world beaters.
Not sure they are “world beaters”, good players we believe we have albeit, it will take time. I believe we have long term plans (at least 2years) for McCabe and Dear as KPF’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back