Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are smart we should sign Yaz Duursma to a long term deal (AFLW). She is dating Harley Reid. Remember Buddy left us for Jacinta who was living in Sydney.
Maybe her brothers also want to be at the same club at some point, too.

Lewis is 25! Madness to trade him out. He is not only our best kpf , when fit, he is ONE of the best in the league. I'm frustrated with his injury record as much as anyone but there's no way in hell are we dumb enough to push him out.
A future frwd line of Lewis, Chol, Dear as the three talls looks as dangerous as we're likely to get within the next few years at the very least. I reckon we just wait let things settle and see how he performs in the next 18 months before we execute the poor bugger.

Lewis is a bit like Bruce Rude. The 80’’s/90’s Australian bowler, always breaking down. Remember hearing the time he snapped in half and started sticky taping himself back together…some of the best commentary ever, it was also the game that Max Walker streaked as well.

Anyhow, maybe Lewis needs to borrow Bruce’s sticky tape?

hard to build a team around lewis when he is never available. need a plan b for the future i reckon

This is the issue though. People want to trade him for draft picks because of perceived value.

It doesn't mean the draft picks acquired net us a replacement key forward though, and that's the issue here. Yes, it's hard to build a forward line around Lewis when he's injured, but it's even harder to build one around him when he doesn't exist.

It would be structural suicide.

Unless the club was adamant we could lure over a ready made replacement. Or if Calsher and Chol suddenly combine for 50+ goals to finish off the season.

This is the issue though. People want to trade him for draft picks because of perceived value.

It doesn't mean the draft picks acquired net us a replacement key forward though, and that's the issue here. Yes, it's hard to build a forward line around Lewis when he's injured, but it's even harder to build one around him when he doesn't exist.

It would be structural suicide.

Unless the club was adamant we could lure over a ready made replacement. Or if Calsher and Chol suddenly combine for 50+ goals to finish off the season.

Did you think the same when we traded Jonathon Hay?

Hawkins was looking done at 25-26 . Back issues, lost his mobility. Geelong nursed him for around 18 months , then he arguably has played 8 seasons of his best footy .

People suggesting trading Lewis should look at that as why you don't move on big KFs on a whim . He is still a young guy with plenty of games ahead.

The value for trade against his potential simple doesn't match at all

Did you think the same when we traded Jonathon Hay?

Footy has changed since then.

I will add though, I was in high school when that happened and had zero understanding of list management at the time. I can't even remember it registering back then if I'm honest.

Footy has changed since then.

I will add though, I was in high school when that happened and had zero understanding of list management at the time. I can't even remember it registering back then if I'm honest.

In 2000 he was great.. in 2001 he was amazing hence the All-Australian accolade.

The in 2002 the injuries started, more the same in 2003 and by 2004 he was a shadow of himself.

We didn’t have a ready replacement for Hay… we got Trent Croad back but that still wasn’t the answer until Gilham come along.

Most people want Mitch Lewis to stay on the park and be able to produce what we know he can produce.

BUT, IF there’s a club willing to take the risk and pay overs for him.. we need to consider it.

Last edited:
Well I just asked an AI art website what an optimal off-season haul of Baz, Battle and Melican would look like all standing in front of the Kanga statue and I don't think it disappointed at all:

View attachment 1981076
Did you specifically ask for big hands?

If we are smart we should sign Yaz Duursma to a long term deal (AFLW). She is dating Harley Reid. Remember Buddy left us for Jacinta who was living in Sydney.
What an incredibly disrespectful way to treat someone that would be.

Am I the only one who thinks B.Smith would be good to have, but not much to get excited about?
Especially after a knee reco.

I'd be looking hard at alternative targets tbh.

I would be chasing Bontompelli if I was the Hawks. He needs a change of scenery. Put the deal of the century on the table to him. Make him captain. We GOT the money…..We would play finals with him. Bevo ain’t going anywhere. All this media scrutiny is just fluffing for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would be chasing Bontompelli if I was the Hawks. He needs a change of scenery. Put the deal of the century on the table to him. Make him captain. We GOT the money…..We would play finals with him. Bevo ain’t going anywhere. All this media scrutiny is just fluffing for him.

Unrestricted free agent end of next year.

He’d be a great pick up. But I think he’d only consider joining us if we made the 8 next year and looked well on our way to winning a flag in the next few.

Hard to see him leaving the Dogs though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins was looking done at 25-26 . Back issues, lost his mobility. Geelong nursed him for around 18 months , then he arguably has played 8 seasons of his best footy .

People suggesting trading Lewis should look at that as why you don't move on big KFs on a whim . He is still a young guy with plenty of games ahead.

We've been nursing Lewis for 7 years.
He's never played more than 15 games in a season.

I think he is an elite talent when he is fit.

Either trade him or play him deep forward.
Enough of this high-volume running.
He's clearly got the aerobic capacity but it wears him down.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 13.38.23.png

Unrestricted free agent end of next year.

He’d be a great pick up. But I think he’d only consider joining us if we made the 8 next year and looked well on our way to winning a flag in the next few.

Hard to see him leaving the Dogs though.

Roughead and Mitchell should put it on the table to him and his manager even if he’s restricted. We’ve got the talent there bubbling to the surface. We just ain’t got what he’s got in our team. A match winner. A player like him could take us to the promised land.

We've been nursing Lewis for 7 years.
He's never played more than 15 games in a season.

I think he is an elite talent when he is fit.

Either trade him or play him deep forward.
Enough of this high-volume running.
He's clearly got the aerobic capacity but it wears him down.

View attachment 1982460
He didn't have injuries until 2021 before that he was stuck in the VFL developing.

Roughead and Mitchell should put it on the table to him and his manager even if he’s restricted. We’ve got the talent there bubbling to the surface. We just ain’t got what he’s got in our team. A match winner. A player like him could take us to the promised land.

Imagine Bont being at the club mentoring Will Day.

When I think of Will Day. I think about John Peck, Graham Arthur and the like. Hawthorn immortals. I think Will Day will become one of our greatest. Something about that kid. I can see him holding the cup aloft sometime in the future.

When I think of Will Day. I think about John Peck, Graham Arthur and the like. Hawthorn immortals. I think Will Day will become one of our greatest. Something about that kid. I can see him holding the cup aloft sometime in the future.

Just Relax Chill Out GIF

Bont: "Hey Will, what's that thing you keep doing when you get tackled - where you clench one hand & use it to punch the ball from your other hand? Seems awfully clunky & unreliable, mate - why don't you just drop it or throw it like I do?" :oops:

Frustrating as his injuries are at present, still far more upside in getting his body right than raffling it on some kid that may or may not be just as serviceable in 5 years time.

A fit Lewis is exactly what we need over the next 4-5 years.

Waiting out this period for some kid to develop just puts the rebuild right back, and we may as well trade out Sicily and Hardwick whilst we are at it.

Can’t believe the pages and pages of trading Lewis. Madness. The poor bloke would be frustrated as, I hope he’s not reading this shit.
We’ve been screaming out for some support for Lewis so we bring in Chol. Now we want to trade Lewis to have someone support Chol? Laughable.
The same reason people want to trade him, is the same reason we would get bigger all in a trade, just stop it already.

Just heard on SEN Bombers could be courting Reid with big offer ……. surely we could offer more!
Surely the West Coast would more than match any offer - his own suburb, a significant amount of the Pilbarra - They are the wealthiest club in the competition - they would match and the bombers would also need to give up at least two top 3 picks

this is surely flights of fancy BS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back