Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dee's are wasting away their productive years without a proper key frwd. They'll fall short again this year because of it. The tigers won 2017 but realised the weakness after the 2018 prelim loss ( or most likely before it) and went after a key target in Lynch, then 2019-20 happened!!! Lewis will definitely be dangled a carrot for premiership glory in front of him but it won't be about what his market worth, it'll be about what WE demand to let him go. Can't see it happening.
Lewis for the right price - I'd take it.
CJ - love him, but we are stacked for HBF options, would also command a good pick.

These are our highest value players we could use in a trade with minimal impact on the team.

And if one of them isn't playing?

Lewis rarely plays, Dear has played 1 game and is a skinny 18y.o, Chol is at his third club, and has been decent so far.
I'm not saying we shouldn't acquire Battle - for 12+ Months I've been saying we SHOULD acquire him.

I'm just saying we're not acquiring him as a Forward, which was the question you posed in your original post.

CJ - love him, but we are stacked for HBF options, would also command a good pick.

Unless he has an amazing second half of this season free of injury - no he wouldn’t. Love CJ also but given his injury history of late you’d be lucky to get a second round pick.

Unless he has an amazing second half of this season free of injury - no he wouldn’t. Love CJ also but given his injury history of late you’d be lucky to get a second round pick.
Much, much better off spending the time to get him right than losing him for unders.

Also an interesting fact (probably mentioned here already) Is his Dad played under 19's at Hawthorn
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Why is Josh Battle a superstar that we desperately need all of a sudden?

Never seen him do much at St.Kilda- he’s not even really key position size - more like 3rd tall which we already have plenty of…

Last edited:

Never seen him to much at St.Kilda- he’s not even really key position size - more like 3rd tall which we already have plenty of…

Yeah he doesn't really solve any issues for us. He's a solid third tall defender who could maybe pinch hit at CHB. Handy addition and all, but he isn't going to change our fortunes IMO.

Never seen him do much at St.Kilda- he’s not even really key position size - more like 3rd tall which we already have plenty of…
Yeah I don't see it but plenty here do. Happy to be proven wrong.

Honestly had never noticed Josh Battle before watching these clips.

Solid player.
Effective.
Versatile.
Aggressive.

He's a pretty good shot at goal too.

Our backline is weak, he’s a solid player and a free agent and we have heaps of cap space. We don’t desperately need him but we do desperately need to be a much better team and to improve the list as we continue to loiter in the bottom 4. If solid free agents are available, go get them

Structurally, any player that can help free Sicily and Weddle into more attacking roles will be valuable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline is weak, he’s a solid player and a free agent and we have heaps of cap space. We don’t desperately need him but we do desperately need to be a much better team and to improve the list as we continue to loiter in the bottom 4. If solid free agents are available, go get them

Structurally, any player that can help free Sicily and Weddle into more attacking roles will be valuable
People keep saying this, but is our backline weak?

I don't think it's been a issue this year, our biggest problem up until last week, has been our midfield not firing. Despite us needing more KPD depth, Frost and Scrimshaw have been great this year!

We threw big dollars at Ben McKay for a reason. I think we are weak in most areas which is why we remain down the bottom of the ladder. As a struggling side, we have cash to burn so if a free agent can be best 22, we should be trying to get them. Much better than having to trade draft capital

It’s not weak but it rates lowly on quite a few defensive metrics. I wouldn’t say no to more quality there. Particularly if it freed up Weddle to play more midfield and pinch hitting up the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back