Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

On the topic of Harley Reid and his value, I would be prepared to trade quite a lot to get him.
I'm talking Lewis, CJ, +2 first round picks type of package.

I would not baulk at the addition of Nash/Worpel into that sort of deal either.
Obviously we'd get something back like 2nds and 3rd round picks in addition to reid.

These are players I love at the club, but are easily replaced.
Reid is a rare player and would elevate the team.

On the topic of Harley Reid and his value, I would be prepared to trade quite a lot to get him.

Obviously we'd get something back like 2nds and 3rd round picks in addition to reid.

Prepare to cop a lot of heat for that suggestion.

Eagles wouldn't even look at that deal. In their eyes it's 2 injury prone players and 2 first rounders that won't even be close to the value of picks 2 & 3 (which is what they were willing to trade pick 1 for last year - but Reid is now worth well more now he's proven at AFL level).

They're not even joining the conversation unless we're putting at least 2 of Day, Newcombe and Weddle on the table.

The MSD draft was only good in the COVID drafts. Now it’s just players not good enough to get drafted who you have to try and fluke a player that slipped through the cracks.
Ryan Mario at WCE looks good

West Coast will never trade Reid while contracted so it’s only a conversation if he does not re-sign in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MSD draft was only good in the COVID drafts. Now it’s just players not good enough to get drafted who you have to try and fluke a player that slipped through the cracks.

Gardner, Pickett and Noble were all taken in the 2019 MSD, Pre-covid.

Newcombe and D'Ambrosio might like a word with you too.

Eagles wouldn't even look at that deal. In their eyes it's 2 injury prone players and 2 first rounders that won't even be close to the value of picks 2 & 3 (which is what they were willing to trade pick 1 for last year - but Reid is now worth well more now he's proven at AFL level).

They're not even joining the conversation unless we're putting at least 2 of Day, Newcombe and Weddle on the table.
Why don’t we throw in the 3 peat cups as well.
On a serious note I would not even swap Will Day for him, sure Reid is going to be Dusty Martin good but I think Will is going to be Bont good.

Last edited:
I attempted a 2025 best 23 (with 5 on the bench if common sense prevails from the AFL) including Battle and Baz.

Couldn't fit Ward, Nash, Blanck, McCabe or D'Ambrosio into the side.

This exercise gave me some real perspective of how Sam and the team have gone about building the list. If the squad stays fit we'll have an embarrassment of riches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back