Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sarah Black - very experienced, full time football journalist.

Her detailed Match Report is on the Richmond club website - and Hugo is in the best players.
I don't mind Ralphsmith and actually rate him, but I would not have had him in the best last night.

View attachment 2001801

Rayner the most hyped player that's never done anything to warrant any buzz. Ginnivan cost a second round pick down grade.
Rayner is hardly a better player now than when he was in his first season. Stats and impact wise there's maybe a disposal a game in it. Crazy how much he flies under the radar, because he may be one of the lowest ceiling Pick 1s of all time.

Not sure what the issue with Rayner is. Is it fitness? Not being established in any one position?

Regardless of what it is he probably needs a fresh start. If he came really cheaply (3rd rounder, etc) I'd be interested.
Rayner needs to shed 5kgs of bulk. He will not lose much power and strength. He needs to be helping out in the Bris midfield at this stage but doesn’t which suggests his tank is lacking.

My eyes popped when I saw Rayner was 93kgs . ! No wonder he moves around like a truck missing a tyre.
Where did you see that I thought they couldn’t handle weight info being published? I will have you know I’m 118kgs and before I ruptured my Achilles at 49 I double blind turned my oppo in a 5 man weave.😉

Where did you see that I thought they couldn’t handle weight info being published? I will have you know I’m 118kgs and before I ruptured my Achilles at 49 I double blind turned my oppo in a 5 man weave.😉

As the old saying goes; fatty adipose is temporary but class is permanent.

already on order - a stones throw from HQ

EDIT - i think this is under planning consideration atm..

Surf park has been approved by Kingston council and is going to be fast tracked they haven't updated the website but the letter of approval has been shared in Dingley facebook group. Pelicano is doing our home and the surf park and yes they are very close to each other.

1716772296133.png

Lions' board absolutely blowing up over Rayner.
We were interested in him a while back- I wonder if he'd be a good, fairly cheap pickup if we can figure out how to tap into his workrate?
Seriously average player has some nice tools but he is closer to a Rohan type of player instead of the Dusty, Trac that people were hoping he would become.

Seriously average player has some nice tools but he is closer to a Rohan type of player instead of the Dusty, Trac that people were hoping he would become.
Could seriously be anything but expect to reach the heights people thought there would of been more shown so far.

Could be a star or this level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally forgot both of those players at Hawthorn. Gee we had a mini shit show of bad decisions around those times
Patton and Scully were older with a lot more baggage than Rayner. Rayner still only 24 and hails from Melbourne and if the price was right, you'd have to give it serious consideration. Has elite traits and maybe Sam along with Burge could unlock the inner star.

Do the old Scully/Jon Patton type trade eh?

Hopefully with better results. Rayner passes the good bloke check like Scully too, and he isn't injury riddled. I doubt they'd give him up for a 3rd rounder, but if they did I think it would be worth a gamble.

Edit: wonder if Zac Bailey could be an option too.

Not sure what the issue with Rayner is. Is it fitness? Not being established in any one position?

Regardless of what it is he probably needs a fresh start. If he came really cheaply (3rd rounder, etc) I'd be interested.

He missed the 2021 season, other than that has played 22, 24, 17, 24, 26 games in his complete seasons. Not injuries.

He seems inconsistent, and from little I've seen, easy to defend (not tall, not overly quick).

Pure speculation. Just said May and McDonald are both 32.
It’s just Twomey clutching at straws to downplay anything hawks related as usual. Thinks battle more likely to choose north than us…🤪

UN

Attachments

• 1716799369738.png
    1716799369738.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 57
Hopefully with better results. Rayner passes the good bloke check like Scully too, and he isn't injury riddled. I doubt they'd give him up for a 3rd rounder, but if they did I think it would be worth a gamble.

Edit: wonder if Zac Bailey could be an option too.
Rayner is a quality person but a very disappointing career to date for a pick 1. Too expensive to really consider I’d reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back