Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s confirmed that Jamie Elliott has deep vein thrombosis from ANZAC Day.
I copped DVT once after knee arthroscope surgery, my calf felt like it was on fire. Blood thinners for a few weeks and it was right as rain.

They obviously wont rush Jamie back as if he plays and gets a cut while on blood thinners, it wont end well trying to stem the bleeding.

I copped DVT once after knee arthroscope surgery, my calf felt like it was on fire. Blood thinners for a few weeks and it was right as rain.

They obviously wont rush Jamie back as if he plays and gets a cut while on blood thinners, it wont end well trying to stem the bleeding.

There’s no indication he has a DVT, let alone that he’s on anticoagulants.

There’s no indication he has a DVT, let alone that he’s on anticoagulants.
Anchorman GIF

I just went off the previous post. Didn’t realise he was wrong.

It was a joke referencing how high Billy got when taking that mark. Not so much “wrong”.

Is it any bigger jump than when the club went he's got a sore foot, it must be his back?

I’m oddly comfortable with that.

Billy has a history of back injury and surgery, and his foot pain presumably was of atraumatic origin, I would have been led to think back as cause a)ii) if not a). Certainly very high on the differential to be ruled out!

I’m oddly comfortable with that.

Billy has a history of back injury and surgery, and his foot pain presumably was of atraumatic origin, I would have been led to think back as cause a)ii) if not a). Certainly very high on the differential to be ruled out!
Is it possible that he might have some nerve damage to something like his sciatic nerve. I know the club said vascular but it might not be that at all.

Is it possible that he might have some nerve damage to something like his sciatic nerve. I know the club said vascular but it might not be that at all.

That would have been within the realms of possibility but with the club seemingly confident it’s vascular, presumably they’ve been able to identify something specific.

Perhaps Jamie needs to get one of those vibrating pads to boost his feet circulation like our golden girl Dawn.

I wonder what percentage of women order them to due to a sudden onset of numb bum.

Sounds horrible.

I was just joking after how high Jamie’s mark was. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually having a joke that because Jamie was so high off the ground during his mark on ANZAC Day that it probably caused DVT

Yeah I know, just pumping the brakes on a few other guys who didn’t realise you were making altitude jokes!

Yeah, but I see both us and the Tiges have 14 players on their injury lists. That's a bit scary.
If I was vindictive and still remembered the behaviour of Richmond supporters in 2018 I could start the hashtag #richmondhaveinjuries
But I’ve forgotten about that and moved on 🙃

They’ve disappeared again.
Used to be all over BF blessing us with their wisdom in all threads.
Don’t hear a peep from them now.
Biggest bunch of fair weather supporters in the comp alongside Carlton.

Hoping to hear from Wadey that there's a bunch of welcome reinforcements available this week.

Freo away is no joke, then WB's & Melb. coming up, so a challenge to consolidate our winning streak. After that, it's NM & a bye.

McCreery, and perhaps, Bytel, back from CP's; Brodie M & Mr Glass (15) to give us some bigger targets up forward too would be nice, with Reef & Wilbur to miss.

Even if there not all picked, it'll be nice to have a few more options.

Also keen to hear whether Billy & Titch will be back sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back