Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can maybe go 2-2 or 3-1 over the next month we will be ok. We should have ALOT of fresh legs come September is one thing

The problem with this year is similar to last year; few injuries to players meaning those probably deserving a rest (Sidebottom etc) have to play through. Luckily last year we hung on and dug deep when it counted.

TO BE ASSESSED THIS WEEK:

Jack Bytel

Jack Bytel is expected to return from the AFL’s concussion protocols after sustaining a head knock during Collingwood’s Round Nine match.

The midfielder is expected to be available for Friday night’s Round 12 match against the Western Bulldogs, pending he gets through main training on Wednesday.

Jeremy Howe

After sustaining a minor groin strain in Round Nine, Jeremy Howe has been cleared from his rehab program.

The 33-year-old is expected to be available for Friday night’s match if he completes main training on Wednesday.

OTHER UPDATES:

Aiden Begg

Aiden Begg has been added to the AFL Inactive List after sustaining a posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury during Collingwood’s Round Seven VFL match which left him sidelined for the remainder of the season.

The 21-year-old will focus on upper body weight training for the next few weeks.

Josh Carmichael

Josh Carmichael continues to work through the AFL’s concussions protocols.

Mason Cox

Mason Cox has entered the AFL concussion protocols following a knock to the face mid-air during Collingwood’s Round 11 match against Fremantle.

In addition to the concussion, scans have confirmed Cox sustained a Grade 2 medial collateral ligament (MCL) injury from the match.

The 33-year-old is expected to return in six weeks’ time while he rehabilitates the MCL injury.

Jordan De Goey

After experiencing groin awareness during Collingwood’s Round 10 match against Adelaide, further assessment revealed Jordan De Goey sustained an acute rectus abdominal tendon tear.

The 28-year-old is working through his rehab program and is expected return within three to four weeks.

Jamie Elliott

Collingwood forward Jamie Elliott continues to work through a modified training program as he manages a minor vascular issue.

The 31-year-old continues to complete treadmill and bike work away from the group. Elliott is expected to return between Rounds 13 and 16.

Josh Eyre

Josh Eyre is progressing well through his rehab for a hamstring injury.

After a 14-week layoff, he will now complete group training this week.

Eyre is expected to be available for a return for Round 13.

Will Hoskin-Elliott

After sustaining a hamstring injury during the Club’s Round 10 match against the Adelaide Crows, Will Hoskin-Elliott is working his way through a running program and is progressing well.

He is expected to return to team training next week.

Hoskin-Elliott is expected to be available for Collingwood’s Round 13 game.

Reef McInnes

After sustaining a head knock during Collingwood’s Round 10 match, the forward is mid-way through the AFL concussion protocols and is progressing well.

Dan McStay

Dan McStay is progressing well as he continues to work through his ACL rehab.

The 28-year-old has returned to contract training drills away from the main group.

He is expected to return to match play training post the team’s BYE in June.

Brody Mihocek

During the final minute of the third quarter of Collingwood’s Round 11 game against Fremantle, Brody Mihocek experienced hamstring awareness which saw him sit out the rest of the match.

Scans have confirmed a minor hamstring strain in the same area as his previous injury.

Being a minor strain, he’s expected to return between Rounds 14 and 16.

Tom Mitchell

Tom Mitchell is progressing well through his rehab for his plantar fasciitis issue and has started running.

He is expected to be available for Rounds 13-16.

Joe Richards

Joe Richards finished out the game against Fremantle but experienced some foot soreness.

Scans have confirmed that he has sustained a fourth metatarsal fracture in his foot and is expecting to make a return between Rounds 16 and 17.

Oscar Steene

Oscar Steene is progressing well in his rehab for a toe injury.

He will now transition into some trampoline work and running drills over the next fortnight.

Steene is expected to return in Round 18+.

I’ve been confident about making the top four - and then letting the coaches to do their September ‘thing’. At close to full strength we are very good, with only Sydney being better than us.

But I can’t see it now. We look like bobbing around between sixth and tenth on the ladder, but not gaining any real upward traction with these injuries, and so many inexperienced players.

Makes me 😢

WTF about Degoey?Out for another month?I thought they were suggesting he might be back for the King’s birthday game?Has he had a reccurence of the same injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF about Degoey?Out for another month?I thought they were suggesting he might be back for the King’s birthday game?Has he had a reoccurrence of the same injury?

Why did we fly him over to WA and why did it take so long to find that tear. I hate to say this but we've been poor this year with bringing players back from injury. Jordan and then Mihocek. Jeremy will probably re do his groin in the first 5 minutes.

Why did we fly him over to WA and why did it take so long to find that tear. I hate to say this but we've been poor this year with bringing players back from injury. Jordan and then Mihocek. Jeremy will probably re do his groin in the first 5 minutes.
I don't like playing at Marvel or WA grounds. Always injury carnage.

I'd say they've conceded that we won't see him until after the bye and thought it would be good to try and keep him involved on match day.

(also baby sit him to keep him away from trouble 😂)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back