Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt will slot in on a flank to the Freo Dockers "What If" team of all time.

Barlow/Hayden had amazing careers given their injuries but I reckon both would've been AA chances without the leg breaks. I had to slot in the two Harley's on back flanks. Morabito Captain as I reckon he would've got us over the line in 2013 and maybe another one and probably would've cost Fyfe his Brownlows - might have got one each!

B: Hayden - Woods - Pitt
HB: Bennell - Polak - Balic
C: Delaney - Morabito (C) - J Simpson
HF: Sturt - JLo - Dardy
F: Apeness - Hogan - Yarran
R - Clem - Barlow - Sylvia
Sub - Ruffles

I'd nominate Robbie Haddrill for a defender's spot.

Barlow/Hayden had amazing careers given their injuries but I reckon both would've been AA chances without the leg breaks. I had to slot in the two Harley's on back flanks. Morabito Captain as I reckon he would've got us over the line in 2013 and maybe another one and probably would've cost Fyfe his Brownlows - might have got one each!

Sub - Ruffles
Robbie Haddrill at fullback for mine, very good selections otherwise.

Gees there's alot of potentially good KPF that almost/never made it with us - Hutton, Polak, JLo, Hogan, Dardy, Yarran, Apeness - poor Pav, he just needed one to go along for the ride. Another what if Mitch Clark came home instead of going to Melbourne - as I understand it, we just needed to offer the Sheridan pick rather than Crozier pick...

Sub - Ruffles
Jeff White?

More a what if he stayed more than injury. Clem over him in any case, Clem was so damn good.

Does anyone know if Clem had any kids ?
Just thinking how awesome it would be if there were Grandkids of the great TI running around and any chance of being drafted.
Surely we could ask the AFL to expand the father/son rule to a Grandfather son/daughter clause in this case!! (yes, I do understand the complete futility/ stupidity of that last statement….🤣)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does anyone know if Clem had any kids ?
Just thinking how awesome it would be if there were Grandkids of the great TI running around and any chance of being drafted.
Surely we could ask the AFL to expand the father/son rule to a Grandfather son/daughter clause in this case!! (yes, I do understand the complete futility/ stupidity of that last statement….🤣)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He does, I know as under 11’s he played at Kardinya as my son played against him. Dangerous forward but was long ago as my son is 19 now

The injuries to Morabito and Clem Michael were devastating to our club. If we had the surgery capabilities we have now they both could have had great careers. You rarely hear of an ACL finishing the career of a 21 year old now.

The injuries to Morabito and Clem Michael were devastating to our club. If we had the surgery capabilities we have now they both could have had great careers. You rarely hear of an ACL finishing the career of a 21 year old now.
Mora's first ACL was pre season 2011. Only 12 years ago. I don't think the quality of available surgery is any better now than then. Maybe the post surgery support at the clubs is a bit better now.

Michael did his knee in 2000 and it was only in between then and 2011 the comp stopped being half amateur hour. Wasn't his problem not so much the surgery as that the doc had him play on on it?

Also pedantry requires me to point out it was a PCL for Clem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox out for at least 4 weeks with a stress fracture in his fibula
They're calling it a "stress reaction". Is that just another way of saying fracture?

Mora's first ACL was pre season 2011. Only 12 years ago. I don't think the quality of available surgery is any better now than then. Maybe the post surgery support at the clubs is a bit better now.

Michael did his knee in 2000 and it was only in between then and 2011 the comp stopped being half amateur hour. Wasn't his problem not so much the surgery as that the doc had him play on on it?

Also pedantry requires me to point out it was a PCL for Clem.
Was Michael more then ACL though? Seems to be a menscius problem which he was pushed to play on.
To be fair, Michael these days would be a forward anyway at his height of 1.92m.

To be fair, Michael these days would be a forward anyway at his height of 1.92m.
Crazy to think his old man was a ruck at 188cm!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back