List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn't cave on Rankine at all, we came out early and said we were willing to give up pick 5 for him no worries
Because we would have already promised this to his manager to get Rankine's commitment.

The manager would have required a commitment from us that was as strong as what we needed from him.

They would have needed to know that we could get the deal done. Especially considering the strong moves Essendon had also made at the same time.

This deal is a bit frustrating, but understandable.

I don't think he gave a s**t about it being fair. His management just wanted to know it would get done and Rankine wouldn't get ****ed over by us.
Not sure if this was true but when I was actively lurking over there during the Rankine trade period, I read some GCS poster who was close to board member mentioned Rankine said this which does explain how the trade happened.

Would we shift our Gulden offer over to Hugh McCluggage?

Supposedly has a 6 year offer on the table from Brisbane but he might feel that their peak has passed. A few guys getting older.
Can’t offer McCluggage the same money as Gulden (Gulden is a genuine top 10 player in the comp, McCluggage more like top 30-40), but shave a bit off, and shave a couple of years off and yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back