List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, could you imagine cook trying to win his own ball when high dump kicks are floating down the line and he has his man and a big interceptor crashing him. Nah, until the entire game plan changes we would literally be doing the kid more harm now than good by putting him in that position
You just don't know because they have never been given the opportunity.
It's incredible we have been able to gift Murphy 100 games but we cant give these guys 5-6 games in a row to see how they go

The club is to pig headed to admit fault with the list management and drafting. More pain to come with yet another rebuild on the way. Hopefully we actually play some kids for a while next time. Or we can go support another club...

Pick 33 and a future third which will be late 50's

First game - 22 touches, 1 goal, 9 contested and 86%DE

While Carlton might have had the advantage given his brother was there and can’t believe we didn’t appear to show any interest at all, particularly after he had asked us to draft him in his draft year!

Missed opportunity for a cheap upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have 15 players OOC this year:

Keays
Cook
Smith
Burgess
Himmelberg
Bond
Borlase
Gollant
Sholl
McHenry
Parnell
Sloane
Berry
Walker
Hamill

Walker, Smith and Sloane will all likely retire.

Maybe hold on to Borlase due to lack of KPD options and Burgess as insurance over Himmelberg (he has been our best forward so far after all even though that's an exceptionally low bar).

Gollant and Cook need to pull their fingers out, it's now or never for them.

Bond needs to show more if we're going to justify keeping him too.

The rest are trade/FA/delist material.
As much as making 7+ changes would be nice, let's face it, it doesn't happen.

Realistically, this is how the list goes -
Keays - stays
Cook - stays
Smith - stays
Burgess- stays
Himmelberg - delisted
Bond - stays
Borlase - delisted
Gollant - stays
Sholl - delisted, probably re-rookied
McHenry - stays or traded
Parnell - delisted
Sloane - retired kicking and screaming
Berry - absolutely should stay
Walker - retires off his own accord or bounces back and gets another year. 50/50 at this stage
Hamill - delisted

Even that's 5 players delisted plus Sloane's retirement, which historically we haven't really done. We probably re-rookie one or two of them. Maybe Borlase or Himmelberg because we love big old key position spuds.

We have 15 players OOC this year:

Keays
Cook
Smith
Burgess
Himmelberg
Bond
Borlase
Gollant
Sholl
McHenry
Parnell
Sloane
Berry
Walker
Hamill

Walker, Smith and Sloane will all likely retire.

Maybe hold on to Borlase due to lack of KPD options and Burgess as insurance over Himmelberg (he has been our best forward so far after all even though that's an exceptionally low bar).

Gollant and Cook need to pull their fingers out, it's now or never for them.

Bond needs to show more if we're going to justify keeping him too.

The rest are trade/FA/delist material.

Two year deals - Nil
One year deals - Burgess, Berry, Gollant, Bond, Cook, Walker (if his form improves)
Retire - Smith, Sloane
Leave as Free Agent - Keays
Delist - Himmelberg, Borlase, Sholl, McHenry, Parnell, Hamill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our list management does seem a bit scattegun though, maybe if I put myself forward as a cat B rookie they'll use their random number draft generator and I'll be picked
This wasn't the boards' opinion 4 weeks ago ....amazing how 3 games, can change opinions

Same was said re CARL in the first half of last year .....supporters are fickle, and opinions blow in the wind

This wasn't the boards' opinion 4 weeks ago ....amazing how 3 games, can change opinions

Same was said re CARL in the first half of last year .....supporters are fickle, and opinions blow in the wind
I dunno, a lot of the opinions shared here recently have been largely the same as a decade ago when I joined.

Opinions change when there's a glimmer of hope then it reverts back to the baseline.

The only real shifter of opinion is success

While Carlton might have had the advantage given his brother was there and can’t believe we didn’t appear to show any interest at all, particularly after he had asked us to draft him in his draft year!

He was a crows supporter as a youngster..i doubt it would have needed too much arm twisting if we really wanted him

We rushed the rebuild.

All we have of genuinely early picks is Thilthorpe, Curtin and Rachele, plus the ghost of McAsey and a traded in Rankine.

The top end quality of the list isn't good enough.

I guess we're destined for another top five pick this year, so hopefully that's another piece.

We didn’t rush the rebuild, if anything we slow balled it whilst chomping down on every excuse under the sun

We wasted all our picks, that’s the problem

Easy call between the spot for him or Sloane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back