List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Was this said by the club somewhere?
I doubt it would have been otherwise it’s the club admitting we were backing Melbourne to finish higher than us.
Why for a second do you think GWS would have given us the choice to give them Melbourne's 2nd round pick instead of our own 2nd round pick? They're not dumb.

What utter tripe, Michalanney would have been scouted the same as any other youngster showing talent through the junior pathway. It's not his job to identify him as a F/S especially knowing the circumstances.
I don’t think you are getting my point. There’s every chance he wouldn’t have picked him up at our pick (if he wasn’t a father son). I’m sure he scouted him. But the decision was an easy one.

It's pretty clear GWS would have been asking for our 2nd, not Melbourne's 2nd.

I'm open to this being a blunder, just not seeing it.
I’m not suggesting it’s a blunder, I’m suggesting it’s not cut and dried which pick they would have wanted.
We obviously backed ourselves to finish higher.

I don’t think you are getting my point. There’s every chance he wouldn’t have picked him up at our pick (if he wasn’t a father son). I’m sure he scouted him. But the decision was an easy one.

We wouldn't have used our first rounder on a defender?

Yeah, you're right, we would have picked up a gun mid with our first like we always do.

I’m not suggesting it’s a blunder, I’m suggesting it’s not cut and dried which pick they would have wanted.
We obviously backed ourselves to finish higher.
I’d say we backed ourselves to finish high enough so that the pick difference was negligible. Either way, it’ll likely be taken up in Welsh points

Like Jeffcrowe I'll be stepping back a fair bit this year, I don't need the type crap that gets thrown around at times for having an opinion on draftees ability. I'll still be watching a lot of games that said.
No one has a go at your opinion on draftees, well maybe Wayne does, it’s your obnoxious posting when someone else has an opinion “well you do know”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s not too many players on our list that would warrant another team to give up anything of value in terms of a trade.

Berry, Sholl, McHenry are all pretty worthless. One of them might net us a third rounder at best.

One player I wouldn’t mind us shopping around is Jordon Butts. His trade value would be interesting and I think we’re capable of covering his position with Keane, Murray, Petty?, Worrell and Curtin. Even Borlase as a depth piece.

Straight swap Jordon Butts for Tom Powell. Definitely helps both teams needs

Based on GWS’ explanation for trading down, I doubt it would have been a deal breaker

Self explanatory

Do we know that for sure ?

Can you expand on what GWS said?

As I said, I'm open to this being a blunder, not seeing a strong case so far, sounds like there's bits I'm missing.

There’s not too many players on our list that would warrant another team to give up anything of value in terms of a trade.

Berry, Sholl, McHenry are all pretty worthless. One of them might net us a third rounder at best.

One player I wouldn’t mind us shopping around is Jordon Butts. His trade value would be interesting and I think we’re capable of covering his position with Keane, Murray, Petty?, Worrell and Curtin. Even Borlase as a depth piece.

Straight swap Jordon Butts for Tom Powell. Definitely helps both teams needs
Even by North Melbourne standards that would be awful list management by them

The Roos also drafted an athletic 200cm intercepting defender Will Dawson with pick 22 in last season's draft and he's looking good already in his VFL games.

Yep one of the youngest in that draft crop from memory one of North’s shrewd draft calls in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back