List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

The Laird contract until end of '26 is worse than the Nicks contract. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to a pay out clause (even though they don't deserve it).

We know from the Crouch experience that no one will take him off our hands, no pay out there. What a mess.

The Laird contract until end of '26 is worse than the Nicks contract. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to a pay out clause (even though they don't deserve it).

We know from the Crouch experience that no one will take him off our hands, no pay out there. What a mess.
We gave him a five year contract off the back of half a season in the midfield

If there's any interest in Ben Keays as a free agent I'd let him walk and bank the possible compensation pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 15 players OOC this year:

Keays
Cook
Smith
Burgess
Himmelberg
Bond
Borlase
Gollant
Sholl
McHenry
Parnell
Sloane
Berry
Walker
Hamill

Walker, Smith and Sloane will all likely retire.

Maybe hold on to Borlase due to lack of KPD options and Burgess as insurance over Himmelberg (he has been our best forward so far after all even though that's an exceptionally low bar).

Gollant and Cook need to pull their fingers out, it's now or never for them.

Bond needs to show more if we're going to justify keeping him too.

The rest are trade/FA/delist material.

Last edited:

Keays
Cook
Smith
Burgess
Himmelberg
Bond
Borlase
Gollant
Sholl
McHenry
Parnell
Sloane
Berry
Walker
Hamill

Maybe hold on to Borlase due to lack of KPD options and Burgess as insurance over Himmelberg (he has been our best forward so far after all even though that's an exceptionally low bar).

Man, that’s such an uninspiring list of players (Walker included, if his form this year is anything to go by)

There is so much ‘meh’ currently on our list

Man, that’s such an uninspiring list of players (Walker included, if his form this year is anything to go by)

There is so much ‘meh’ currently on our list
Very grim reading, there's five at most I would justify hanging on to, and three of those need big SANFL years, and the other two are KPP depth.

Of course, turning over that many players without adequate players isn't going to be a realistically scenario.

I hate to say it, but we're in deep trouble going forward. Hamish has royally ****ed up a number of picks, but the blowtorch also needs to go on our player development and list management now that it's gotten to this point.

Keays
Cook
Smith
Burgess
Himmelberg
Bond
Borlase
Gollant
Sholl
McHenry
Parnell
Sloane
Berry
Walker
Hamill

Problem with making significant list changes without bringing in quality draft picks/players, means we replace those players with selections at the arse end of the draft, like the Power last year.

Big watch on Rachele.

Keays
Cook
Smith
Burgess
Himmelberg
Bond
Borlase
Gollant
Sholl
McHenry
Parnell
Sloane
Berry
Walker
Hamill

That is an ordinary list. Realistically
Keys will get an extension

Burgess probably gets another year.

Tex and Sloane will retire. I think the club was banking on Smith getting another year but that can't happen at the moment

Hiimelberg (Might want a trade), Cook, Gollant, Borlase, Hamill, Bond, Parnell, Scholl, McHenry and Berry are competing for around four contracts between them. That's assuming no one else leaves.

Many said it at the time but we needed to cut harder at the end of 2023. Not a good position to be in to have ten or more players all but gone when we are still in March.

Last edited:
If we don’t give it up for Petty…
He would be great but we need to wait until the year after when he's a free agent.
We are in desperate need of high end talent in the draft.. MIDFIELDERS.
The current list mess will take yrs to fix, we aren't competing for a flag any time soon we can wait a year for Petty.

Not sure if Tex will retire. I'd wait till mid way in the season to see about that.

At some point the club needs to remove the first round draft Pick label, and label some players failed first round picks.

Fog, Jones, mcHenry just don't have it at this level. Skills, desire, size, smarts. Each lacks at least one of these.

With McAdam leaving, I was really hoping to see Nicks give Cook or Gollant a go in that Forward pocket position.
Instead we have gone another crappy midfielder into the team.
We need a medium forward up there

With McAdam leaving, I was really hoping to see Nicks give Cook or Gollant a go in that Forward pocket position.
Instead we have gone another crappy midfielder into the team.
We need a medium forward up there
Lol, could you imagine cook trying to win his own ball when high dump kicks are floating down the line and he has his man and a big interceptor crashing him. Nah, until the entire game plan changes we would literally be doing the kid more harm now than good by putting him in that position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back